Create Account

S73 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread

Player Name: Martins Priede
Position: RD
Recreate or First Gen? First Gen
How did you find the site? r/hockey
Full Discord Username: proramm

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): Around 10 hours. Usually Free on Sundays.

Is water wet?: It depends on how cold it is

What made you join SHL?: I've always wanted to be a professional hockey player. This time I don't have to blame my knees for why I didn't make it.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Viking age Scandinavia seems like an interesting Era. Pillaging during the day, eating elk and drinking mead at night.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: The current state of Geopolitics and how history has led us to our current reality.

Waffles or pancakes?: I'm more of a crepe guy, so I guess I'll go pancakes.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Yes, and I'm sure it scared the hell out of some squirrels.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? I'd happily wear it

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: My indoor soccer rec league started this month. We're 0-3 so far.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): This one is tough. I'll just go with what I've really enjoyed this year. Hero of Two Worlds by Mike Duncan. A biography on Marquis de Lafayette. The guy lived quite the extraordinary life.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: The more realistic the better, I feel.  For example, I was contacted by a scout today in preparation of the upcoming draft. It really helps immerse you into the simulation.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Ditto. Why? Because he can be your favorite with an even better face.

What video games do you play?: Mainly sports games with some strategy games mixed in. My 2 favorite games right now are Crusader Kings 3 and Football Manager.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: A St. Bernard because I'm big and goofy while being loveable. I also need a kick in the booty to get going every once and awhile.

Player Name: Leonard Wood
Position: RW
Recreate or First Gen?: First Gen
    Recreates: Who was your last player?:
    First-Gens: How did you find the site? From a link on a hockey Discord server
Full Discord Username: munk3y

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc):
10-15 or so. I work from home, so I like to use my downtime doing something that engages my mind rather than doomscrolling social media. This also would be something to do while watching hockey at night during intermissions or commercial breaks.

Is water wet?:
No, water is not wet. Everything that water touches is wet, like my shirt when my baby spits up on it.

What made you join the SHL?
I joined SHL for a new challenge that combines my love of hockey with the fulfilling feeling I get from strategy games. I play a fair amount of Eastside Hockey Manager too, so hockey simulation/management is something not entirely unfamiliar. And hopefully I'll meet some nice folks along the way too Smile

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?:
The 1990s. They were simpler times, pre-9/11 when hockey was just getting big. Culturally, it had the best movies and music. But maybe that's just my generation to pine for the 1990s. The good ol days were still mostly bad.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?:
The mischaracterization of the 'emo' genre of music in mainstream culture.

Waffles or pancakes?:
Pancakes

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?:

Yes.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed
warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+
youth charity. How do you respond?

I'd wear the jersey. I'd even sign it if it would help raise more money.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?:
Reading books, listening to music, video games occasionally. Otherwise, I don't have the time for much else as my time is limited with raising two young children and working full time.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included):
I'll go with the best book I've read this year. The best book I've read in 2023 is I'm Glad My Mom Died by Jennette McCurdy. Non-fiction is my go-to genre and this one blew me away. It was worth the hype and I couldn't put it down.
The best book I read in 2022 was The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien. Tim O'Brien has masterful storytelling skills.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?:
Friendly, mature players. So in other words, not a first person shooter lobby.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?:
Blastoise because he could spray down a hockey rink real fast.

What video games do you play?:
Currently its Eastside Hockey Manager, Graveyard Keeper, and Mario games on the Switch with my son.

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why
Husky. Those dogs are built for the cold and therefore hockey. All those college hockey Husky teams know it too.

HO:
Player Name: Marek Carda
     First-Gens: How did you find the site?: Frenchie's Reddit Blitz
Full Discord Username: h0tpie

GM:
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): It depends on the week! Without going too far into it, let's just say that it would sum up to 1-2.

Is water wet?: No, water is a liquid. Wet, dry, etc. are properties that we'd assign to solids.

What made you join the SHL? Stumbled upon this on Reddit. Honestly, I would have been all over this in my early 20s, I made up a fake hockey league in elementary school and recruited classmates to be the GMs. Of course, being a kid, I just rolled dice for the scores and none of it meant anything, but I've always been into stuff like this. Now life is a lot more hectic, but thought it would be worth a shot as a player!

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: My life has turned out well (30s) but I would travel back to the first time I laced up skates or cleats and go back through youth sports - hopefully applying myself a bit more and focusing more on my physical condition. All this assumes when I travel back in time, I have some of my accrued knowledge still, of course.

If you had to give a 30-minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: I'd do 30 minutes on what makes Outback Steakhouse Bloomin' Onions so great.

Waffles or pancakes?: Waffles

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Yes, sound waves would result.

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: I'd wear the jersey, volunteer with the auction, and match the proceeds.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: I'm coaching U7 soccer for the first time. My draft hockey league just started up again and we're 2-0 and top of the standings so far, no thanks to me. My household also got a peloton earlier this year so I've been engaging with that content quite a bit.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): It's hard for me to pick just one. For this forum and activity, I'll just say Beartown as it's most applicable. Now that I think of it I should have made my player one of these characters. Why I'm going to call it the best is because I really connect with the author's writing style, having read most of his novels, and the subject matter is obviously intensely interesting - secluded, hockey-mad small Scandinavian town, and all the real-life stuff that still inevitably happens around it. 

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Being able to enjoy each aspect of it without feeling overwhelmed or stressed. I'm sure it's one of those things where you get out what you put in, but for this first player I really just want to get a feel for the whole environment! Probably most importantly, the community cannot be too toxic, there's enough of that everywhere else.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Snorlax, dude has it made.

What video games do you play? I'm currently playing Baldurs Gate 3 with my sig-o. Get to spend some time on FIFA and NHL most years but I really don't game as much as I used to.

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Golden Retriever - relatively smart and loyal to a fault, and I usually only get myself in trouble when I'm trying to be playful.

Player Name: Gewmba Stolemahmoney
Position: G
Recreate or First Gen?: Recreate
    Recreates: Who was your last player?: Clem Fandango/Bigga Foryu
    First-Gens: How did you find the site? N/A
Full Discord Username: UberBJ

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): Enough to do my tasks Smile 

Is water wet?:By definition no. Counterpoint: Is Gabe real?

What made you join the SHL? I seek thrill and adventure, a glorious quest even.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: 2000 to buy Apple/Google stonks.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: The rise and fall and rise of Liverpool FC

Waffles or pancakes?: ¿Por que no los dos? (Saw a recent instagram where they do a pancaffle hyrbid)

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Only if it's from Maine, they tend to make noise when they fall.

[Image: b6kz2LW.png]
[Image: CWUfbzX.jpg]

Player Name: Rodrigo Banes
Position: C
Recreate or First Gen?: re
     Recreates: Who was your last player?: Roderic Banes
     First-Gens: How did you find the site?
Full Discord Username:

1. 1-3 hours for the SHL
2. yes, although technically water is just water and it makes other things wet
3. easy answer: probably to the early 2000's, to buy and dump bitcoin before the crypto crash and buy the Vancouver Canucks
4. depends on the mood. Pancakes if I have savoury breakfast around it, waffles for sweet breakfast.

[Image: banes.png]
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2023, 01:04 PM by skyrrhawk. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Céleste Desjardins
Position: Left Wing
Recreate or First Gen?: First Gen
    First-Gens: How did you find the site? r/hockey ! 
Full Discord Username: randomerey

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): I'm currently freelancing from home, so I have a pretty open schedule and a lot of time. At least an hour a day.

Is water wet?: Nah but Pop-Tarts are ravioli

What made you join the SHL? It seemed neat! 

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Maybe the late 40s-early 50s but literally just for baseball. Ted Williams, Satchel Paige, Stan Musial, Jackie Robinson, all of those iconic players. 

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: The Newsboys' Strike of 1899.

Waffles or pancakes?: Waffles.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Yeah, but it's not like I heard it. Bet a bunch of squirrels got spooked, though. 

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? Absolutely yeah. Honestly, I'd be really excited about wearing it. Gotta rep my community.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Working on swordplay and stage combat!

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): I have a favorite series and it's the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik. History fantasy. The Napoleonic Wars but with dragons. It's so sick.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: The people, probably.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Snivy is my favorite little guy. The whole evo tree slaps but Snivy is just a funky little guy. 

What video games do you play?: Assassin's Creed, CK3, League, lots of sports games (Chel, The Show, etc), Diablo

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Any kind of overly-smart working or herding dog, but the littler ones, like a Finnish Lapphund, Shetland Sheepdog, or Schipperke.

[Image: Fm35hEW.png]

Player Name: Masataka Ninomiya
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Capy Bara
First-Gens: How did you find the site?
Full Discord Username: wildcapybara

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 5

Is water wet?: yes

What made you join the SHL? Portal

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: last night so i can sleep more

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: any sports

Waffles or pancakes?: waffles

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: yes

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? yes

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: gym

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): the catcher in the rye

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: community

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Zigzagoon because hes cute

What video games do you play?: Overwatch, Valorant, Pokemon, Demonologist

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: husky because i like to sing

[Image: capybar22_600.png]

Player Name: Erno Joonas
Position: Winger
    Recreates: Who was your last player?: Petr Vrana
Full Discord Username: randominoe

Not many these days with a busy uni schedule, enough to max-earn (1 or 2) but discord activity will be sporadic.

Is water wet?:
Is the sky blue?

Saw a DrunkenTeddy post way back when on the Canucks Reddit and have only grown to adore this community.

I think getting to observe my life as an outside observer and maybe nudge myself in the right direction when needed would be interesting.

If you had to give a 30-minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?:
Football Manager.

Waffles or pancakes?:
Waffles.

Does it even exist?

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?
I'll wear the jersey but also seek out other pieces of themed attire to auction off; skates, helmet, stick, socks, etc.

While the weather stays nice, bike riding.

I love the Percy Jackson series, good mix between fantasy and reality but also optimism. Super exciting to see how the new TV show turns out.

Good social interactions and initiatives to include as much of the community as possible. The hockey element is merely what connects us all.

What's your favorite Pokemon? Why?:
Bulbasaur, since it is the Pokemon of my childhood game (Fire-Red) which I played on my Gameboy and brings back so many positive memories of road trips and after-school fun.

Football Manager and the occasional game of CSGO.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?:
I'd love to be a wiener dog because my short little legs would look so cute trying to keep up with my hoomans and other animals.

09-17-2023, 12:36 PMPyro182 Wrote: ONLY S73 SMJHL Rookies (S74 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT. This is NOT for people who got drafted into the SHL (S72 SHL Draftees).

If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

6 TPE for completing all the questions.

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)

Code:
Player Name: sabage cabage
Position: center
     First-Gens: How did you find the site? reddit
Full Discord Username:sabagecabage

SMJHL GM Questions (14 Questions)

Code:
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 2-3

Is water wet?: no

What made you join the SHL? wanted to play a free sim game

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: creation of apple so I could invest in it.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: i would choose the topic of addition

Waffles or pancakes?: waffles

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: yes

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? im down for that

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: sports such as hockey and soccer

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): The first law series. The best book I read thanks to its unique characters and world building

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: having a fun community

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: rayquaza because its a space dragon

What video games do you play?: hades, into the breach, hollow knight

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: A samoyed cause they always seem so happy

Deadline: The start of the S73 SMJHL draft

Player Name: Mac Griddle
    Recreates: Who was your last player?: D - Ben Der
Full Discord Username: mcgriddleluver

Enough that this site fills the void

Is water wet?:
Yes

Wannabefinn forced me to and now I’m stuck here

The more I think about this the less I want to go back. I’m too used to all of my modern comforts

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?:
I can ramble about anything that interests me honestly but let’s go with how the Van Der Lin gang from Red Dead Redemption screwed up since I just finished playing it

Waffles or pancakes?:
Waffles

Yes because in this question it’s never specified if I’m there or not

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?
I'll happily wear it.

Is it cheating to say SHL?

I’m not much of a reader but the last thing I read was No Country For Old Men so let’s go with that

Community activity and interaction.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?:
Ampharos. If I can catch a Mareep in the game it’s on my team

Many different genres. Right now it's Warzone, RDR2, and whatever sounds fun on the Switch

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?:
A lab because who doesn’t like those?

[Image: macgriddlesig.png?ex=6531467b&is=651ed17...9ee2d84f&=]
Finland  Stars  Berserkers

Player Name: Poiklm
Position: C
First-Gens: How did you find the site? Reddit
Full Discord Username: poiklm

SMJHL GM Questions (14 Questions)

Code:
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 6+. I work from home so I have flexible time

Is water wet?: No. Because water is a liquid, it can't be wet itself

What made you join the SHL? I love hockey and management games! When I saw the reddit post, I was intrigued

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Big bang, see where it all began

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: I could probably give you way too much information about the history of most carolina sports teams

Waffles or pancakes?: pancakes. they're more readily available and require less special equipement

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: depends on the size of the tree. a super tiny one landing on leaves will probably be fairly silent

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? I'll swap out jerseys every 60s to have more auctionable items

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Homebrew and fantasy football

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): What If, by xkcd. It's light hearted, nerdy, and pretty funny!

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Community

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Alakazam- was basically a cheat code in the Red/Blue/Yellow era and you needed to trade to get it!

What video games do you play?: BG3, RL, FM, EHM

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: I love all dogs too much to know anything about dog breeds. Just not a chihuahua please.

Player Name: Cal Juice
Position: LW
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Tomas Zadina

Full Discord Username: caltroit_red_flames

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 4

Is water wet?: Yes

What made you join the SHL? I saw it on reddit and I like hockey

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Lots of serious options but I'll pick a fun one, I'd like to go back and see the Red Wings of the 90's and early 2000's as an adult.

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: JavaScript, and then I'd just make fun of it

Waffles or pancakes?: Pancakes. I used to say waffles but tbh I've come around to pancakes

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Yes

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond? Fuck yeah! I'm calling my wife and letting her know :D

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: I'm fucking addicted to OSRS

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Unwind was my favorite young adult novel, recently I really enjoyed Blackshirts and Reds.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Friendship

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Charizard he's neat

What video games do you play?: OSRS, Civ 5/6, Jackbox, Cities: Skylines

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Not a big dog person, I like cats. Probably a pampered one though cause a lot of dogs have a shit life. Just not a british breed that can't breathe.

[Image: doubtfulalpha.gif]
[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
[Image: sN8N4xa.png][Image: 639861613880541184.png] Cal Juice [Image: 639861613880541184.png][Image: RyzkmSj.png]
[Image: Eo2nBCt.png] Tomas Zadina
[Image: snacnei.png] Brady McIntyre
[Image: ice-level.svg]