Create Account

S73 PT#3: Getting Colorful

Written Task: Tell me what your player wants their team's goalie to do to make their specific role easier. If your player is a goalie, tell me what you do to make your forwards' lives a little easier!

Speaking as a defenseman, the biggest thing a goal keeper can do to make Sean Davies job just a bit easier is yell at him. Davies is normally pretty sound positionally, but he can always use some direction from the person who sees every mistake he makes. Every goalie is different and while you get used to some of these quirks playing with the same goalie a lot, it can never be perfect, so just a little bit of yelling can go a long way to making sure Davies isn't standing in the perfect spot to screen a shot. One caveat to that is to try to stay calm. Obviously there can be some intense moments out there and Davies is fine getting yelled at if the situation calls for it, he more just means don't panic. Trust that the guys in front of you will do that job, and that you yourself will do the job. Once things start to get scrambly everyone plays worse. Course this advice could (and does) apply to everyone, but as the highest pressure position it counts doubly so there.

ISFL affiliate 

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

|I think the best way to make your goalie's role easier is to try and limit turnovers so we don't create a lot of odd men rushes and make the goalie have to stop the big saves. also try to limit how much time you spend in your own zone, by maintaining possession in the other team's end and trying to make smart passes and try and create pressure there, we will never clear the crease and make sure the goalie can see shots easier so they don't have to fight through traffic. I feel like this would be the best course of action and make sure that we have to do that. Blocking shots is another way to, so we can absorb the shots instead of goalies. i think the best course of action is limiting shots and limiting chances against to make sure the goalie has an easy job to do.

[Image: hallsy.png]

If we are talking specifically the Philadelphia Forge goalies for this task, the goals for both of them in the team's eyes are clear. When it comes to BASE PACK, obviously while saves are important, the main thing he is expected to contribute to the team is an elite Tim Robinson gifs in general chat ratio compared to his goalie peers in the league. The entire locker room is obsessed with I Think You Should Leave, with the S65 star netminder being the largest influence in such. Having already been an MVP for a Philadelphia cup victory, not much more can be expected of PACK, but as long as his gif game remains strong there is no wrong he can do. When it comes to Scoochie Stratton, the backup, there really is nothing to expect from him. He is not only the oldest and most senile goalie in the league, he has a large reputation for bringing negativity into the Philadelphia locker room and causing strife. However, he does have great taste in music, making sure to always have great Drake, Playboi Carti and Yeat songs in the queue to hype the boys up pre game. (196 words)

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

OPTION 1 -

The kids come back to Toronto to play a friendly, which is a big mistake. Coming from Antarctica, they are not well adjusted to the big city situation where all the kids are like the stereotypes in your favorite movies. Their parents bought them all the best, sleek, sturdy gear and constant lessons, while the kids from my program are using hand-me-downs that were outdated when the previous owners got them. Not only that, we got to the arena super late because we couldn't figure out the directions, so we were off our game to begin with.

If the kids on the other team were like you saw in the movies, the kids on our team were the opposite. They did not band together for a superb underdog performance. They banded together in getting their butts handed to them on a silver platter, also sponsored by the rich kid parents. This was not a learning experience, this was shared trauma for the two kids, their parents, and the few penguins who made the trip.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]

Being based in Philly it is always risky to play the locals in anything. This is after all the home of the Broadstreet bullies and a town that loves its history more than any other in the league. So when we put the kids out against a few of the local teams to see how their development is coming along we just cross our fingers that everyone comes out in one piece. However we need not have worried as team psycho Scoochie Stratton has taken on a mentoring role with our development squads as his play time has been reduced over the seasons and he has instilled his insane values in all of our prospects. By the end of the games the local coaches swore that they would never let their teams play against our kids again as at least one person left the ice on a stretcher and there was almost no one who left without at least one ice pack strapped to their body.

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2023, 02:47 AM by diacope. Edited 3 times in total.)

Actually that's a perfect question at this time.. If our goaltender Devoir could let me know what to do in on defense whenever coming into the zone while chasing down players that'd make things a lot easier, I'm still new with the whole thing and have been cherry picking a lot so any experience will help a lot, doesn't matter if it's poke checks, shot blocks or stick lifts I'll lay it all on the line. I'm finally training it now and don't know which part I should focus on more, it'll help us in the future and get both of our grades up having less to worry about. The more I can do for my team the better and you are goaltenders key to that, luckily i have enough speed to chase down all the frequented attackers this game presents. Thanks buddy! looking forward to paying attention to every detail you send my way.

bap bap,
Raiya

Platoon RAIYA Platoon RABINOV Platoon