Create Account

S73 Championship Week

SMJHL GM CW Pass

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two new finalists mark the end of a dynasty in the west and the return of an old heavyweight in the east. Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!

Both sides are almost comparable. Both teams, Edmonton and Philadelphia, have been really close to making it to the finals in the last few seasons, but always had one team beat them. In the west it was Winnipeg making it to the finals for the last 5 seasons (and finally winning) and in the east it was different teams that kicked Philadelphia out. Still, Edmonton is the first different team in the west not called Winnipeg to make it there in 5 seasons so that's a little more impressive for me.

(91 words)
+1 TPE

Code:
d. If it ain't broke don't fix it: Who you got? Who wins? Why?

I pick Edmonton to win this season because I originally had them as winners in my predictions and why? Because I would get TPE then Wink But more seriously, they had a very strong regular season and they kicked out last season's champions Winnipeg out of the playoffs too. Isn't that reason enough?

(52 words)
+1 TPE

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Forged in Fire (150 words min.)
The Forge and the Patriotes both won cups in recent memory, but while the Patriotes called it a window and tore everything down to the boards, their expansion brothers in Philadelphia have found a way to get back to the dance. How did they do it? Can they keep it up? What should teams like Winnipeg and New England learn from them?

There are always different strategies for teams to become good. A lot has to do with the actual users (players) on the team, whether they buy in so to say, earn well, stay active and whether you can build a roster that's not too far apart in age. If everything works out you don't even need to stay in that said window, but replace aging players with new ones. Since so much depends on the people you draft and also on the team's management, you can't just go to a team and tell them "hey, here's a strategy that works for you too". Trying to win within a certain window might be easier, but once that window has closed and you're starting a rebuild it's more difficult to get out of it. So keeping that window open longer and perhaps no longer calling it a window is the real difficulty. What do you learn? Find users that can work together and hope for the best.

(165 words)
+3 TPE

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, No Time for Caution (150 words min)
Pick the finalist you think is going to win, and describe what that team needs to do to overcome their opponent and take home the cup. The Forge had the stronger offense in the playoffs, while the Blizzard had the stronger defense. Will those trends hold? Will Justin Time carry Edmtonton to victory?

I pick the team I originally predicted to win the cup and that's Edmonton. If I remember correctly I even had them win last season already, but perhaps they weren't quite good enough yet. Philadelphia making it to the final is almost a bit of a surprise to me because I had NEW there in the east. Edmonton is simply a very strong team this season, yes, with a strong goalie too (say what you want, goalies are useless etc, but Justin Time had a strong regular season). A goalie's performance - on paper - simply reflects the overall team's strength and that just tells me that Edmonton is probably the best or one of the best teams this season. FHM isn't that unpredictable unfortunately. If we look at the regular season EDM was better in goals for per game and goals against per game at least in direct comparison with PHI. If Philadelphia is going to win this it's likely because of some tactics, but anything is possible here.

(168 words)
+3 TPE

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

CW Pass

[Image: DrunkenTeddy.gif]

[Image: CsnVET2.png]  |  [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

Cw pass baby

[Image: jE4ioeC.png][Image: meOh9pz.png]

CW Pass

[Image: m59RPb7.png] | [Image: FcWmVTl.png]

S61 Four Star Cup - Game-Winning Goal in the clinching Game 4
[Image: unknown.png]

[Image: efischermann.gif]
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2023, 09:34 AM by fubaguy. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 Challenge Cup related topics to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. Two new finalists mark the end of a dynasty in the west and the return of an old heavyweight in the east. Pick either of our finalists, and tell me what about them impresses you the most!
b. The Forge have won a cup with this core, while the Blizzard are sniffing this air for the first time in a while. Who would you rather be - the veteran team that's been here and won it before, or the hungry youngsters taking their first shot at glory?
c. The Blizzard upended a long-time nemesis in the Aurora to get here, while the Forge avenged several previous losses to the Wolfpack as well. Who had the more impressive victory to punch their ticket to the cup final, and why?
A) This is a hard one to pick between Edmonton has been chasing a cup for a few seasons now, but I'm picking the Forge! The Forge have impressed me the most in  the playoffs they beat a strong Atlanta team and more impressively beat a cup favorite in New England. I wouldn't have has the Forge as a favorite to win the cup or even make the finals, so that's why I'm more impressed with them.

B) I would rather be the Forge, I feel like they have less pressure to win. Despite being a veteran team that is getting closer to aging out, the organization has been as active in trading to contend. Edmonton despite being younger have traded their whole future for the chance to this core to reach its potential and are truly cup or bust.

C) As much as I want to pick Edmonton for this prompt I have to go with Philadelphia again.  Even though Edmonton beat Winnipeg in 5 games they had the easier run, Beating LA is less impressive than the Forge beating Atlanta and then beating the best team in the league in New England.

D) After picking the Forge for the last 3 prompts I'm going to say Edmonton wins it all! Edmonton was my playoff prediction to start with and I'm sticking with my original gut on this one. Edmonton has been trying the past few season to get to this point and have sold their future for this opportunity and I believe it will pay off now!

Code:

Code:
4. Written, 3 TPE, Winter is Coming (150 words min.)
Unlike their rivals, who have literally never been bad, the Blizzard were deep in the doldrums not too many seasons ago. Now that they've reached the mountaintop, how did they pull off such a strong rebuild? What can other teams currently facing hard times learn from their success?

4) Edmonton Blizzards have been building for this moment for the past few seasons. How Edmonton pulled off such a strong rebuild started with drafting strong players in a three season span. The likes of Emil Egli, Oles Kobliska, Luke Laraque, Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'Ev and Justin Time where all drafted with in three seasons of each other. These players helped Edmonton create a foundation that has lead to success and then paired these player with strong players form the same few drafts. Edmonton went out and acquired good strong players form these same draft classes. Bring in the likes of Evan Winter their best forward the past 2 seasons and Louise St. Martin their top defenseman and arguably best defenseman this year. This has really helped Edmonton become a power house the past few seasons and has finally lead them to the finals. So what can teams learn from Edmonton? Well that's simple draft a strong core then acquire players with in the same age range and then don't be afraid to sell your future for a chance for a cup!

CW verification: meow

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

GM Pass

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

GM pass

[Image: 66624_s.gif]
[Image: 56096_s.gif]
Credit to Ml002, King, Wasty, Carpy, Bruins10, Rum_Ham, Turd Ferguson, Ragnar and Enigmatic for the sigs.
Forge Stampede Inferno Specters Wolfpack Platoon Armada Scarecrows Uk

Player page | Player updates
[Image: wMGKypg.png]

offseason pass n allat

[Image: sIjpJeQ.png]

Gm cw pass

[Image: CaleSalad.gif]
[Image: kalesaladshl.gif]
some high fibre sigs are Powered by AllBran, 

GM cw pass
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2023, 07:32 PM by CloudRobot. Edited 1 time in total.)

2B. In my oppion, I wou;d definetly rather be the Blizzard than the Forge. The Blizzard are on the up and coming while the forge is giving one last shot at winning it all. I would definetly want to be on a team with a better outlook but hey being on either team in the finals is amazing. i hope one day with Toronto we will be in the finals. 
+1 TPE

2C. Definetly the Forge. How many times did they lose to the wolfpack? I don't even know. (Just looked it up they lost in the conference finals 4 seasons in a row LAMO) it reminds me of the Islanders losing repeadetely to the Lighting to be honest. I think it is way more impressive to finally take revenge on a long nemesis. 
+1TPE

2D. This is a hard one. I dont really know becuase I haven't really been focusing on the SHL this season as I am still in the J's. Im gonna have to go with... The Blizzard. This might even go to 7 games but I had to choose the Blizzard becuase they got most likley the best goalie in the leauge in net. Though I kno FHM doesnt really care bout goalies so sorry if Im jinxing you edmonton.
+1 TPE

3. Now as I said before, this season I didnt really follow the SHL becuase i was busy with the J's so I really cant tell you what the forge did right and montreal did wrong;But I will tell you how in my oppion a team even though their prime has passed, can still be competiitve. What I'm thinking is a good team beconmes bad as their old players regress and retire, now in a baking metaphor I will tell you how I think a General manager can prevent this/prolong this. For one, you cant let the dough(Team) get to dry, you have to keep adding liquid/eggs and stuff, keep incorporating them in gradually. Its the same thing with a team:You have to keep developing prospects on the back burner to eventually come up and replace the guys regressing with new guys going up and up. To do this I think you just can't have your core be of the same or one or two draft classes, they should at least span 6-8 draft classes so one season everyone is in their prime and the next there all regressing, that is the formula for short term succsess you need to spread it out and keep the cycle going, that is how good teams stay good.
+3 TPE

My Federation is Team USA. It is the best,THE BEST Federation. Currently in my 2nd season GM'ing USA's World Junior Show case team! In the World Junior Show case , team USA is going for gold... for 3 years in-a-row. Yes you heard me correctly we are going to make a dynasty, and by the looks of our team I think we can. Team USA will definelty medal at the World Junior Show case I can tell you that much. Last season's gold was awesome, this seasons will be AMAZING! Team USA has so many up and coming players to fill our ranks the big IIHF team (hopefully) in a few seasons should be back to gold. Let me tell you why though tea USA will win yet another gold: The Players. We have a great mix of returning USA gold medalers such as Merecedes Bayley my Elk teammate and some new S73 faces from my draft class such as myself mac turner. To put it simply, Team USA for the win.
+3 TPE 

Total:8 TPE

[Image: rGE8JTw.png]
Ty to Eni's Sig Shop
[Image: 2UUYSbn.png]
ty to ragnar

wjc fileworker pass

[Image: Evok.gif]

[Image: merha.gif]

CW GM Pass thing wtv

[Image: Gabe-lights.png]
[Image: nMz40Vc.gif]

Code:

Code:
b. The Forge have won a cup with this core, while the Blizzard are sniffing this air for the first time in a while. Who would you rather be - the veteran team that's been here and won it before, or the hungry youngsters taking their first shot at glory?
c. The Blizzard upended a long-time nemesis in the Aurora to get here, while the Forge avenged several previous losses to the Wolfpack as well. Who had the more impressive victory to punch their ticket to the cup final, and why?
A. For the Philadelphia Forge what impresses me the most for their team is their offense. The Philadelphia offense has been booming in the playoffs, with Red Kirkby getting 32 points in 19 games. And another thing that really impresses me is their depth scoring as well, there isn't any big drops from the 30 to 20 to 10 to 1 there aren't any outliers throughout the team. Edmonton impresses me because of their defense, their goalie has a 2.87 GAA and kept it under 3 which is really impressive. (89 words) 

+1 TPE 

D. I think the cup will go to the Philadelphia Forges because every single game they played so far in the finals, they have won in a tight but really offensive type game. Their last game against Edmonton was a 7 - 4 win which crushed Edmonton's defense. But Edmonton also has a chance because of how they won all their games at away and the next two games they will play is at away so they might still have a chance. But I think the Forge will carry that momentum to the next 2 or 3 games. (96 words)

+1 TPE

Code:

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, Forged in Fire (150 words min.)
The Forge and the Patriotes both won cups in recent memory, but while the Patriotes called it a window and tore everything down to the boards, their expansion brothers in Philadelphia have found a way to get back to the dance. How did they do it? Can they keep it up? What should teams like Winnipeg and New England learn from them?
The reason the Patriots are bad now is that their best players such as Sconnie McHits retired and Grogu Mandosson, Mads Mcbribe, and Brick Wall all got traded away as well. While in Philadelphia, mostly all the players that was a part of the cup was still there and was younger and more loyal to their team than the Patriots. I think they can keep it up if they can keep San San Emerson, Red Kirkby, Evil AllBran, Ricky Koivu and so on then I think they can go for the cup for some more seasons but after those players age and start losing TPE I think that's when they will fall down from grace. Winnipeg and New England can learn to get more loyal and younger players into their team so they can last even longer in the cup run without having to start a rebuild and start from scratch. (151 words) 

+3 TPE 

Code:

Code:
Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, No Time for Caution (150 words min)
Pick the finalist you think is going to win, and describe what that team needs to do to overcome their opponent and take home the cup. The Forge had the stronger offense in the playoffs, while the Blizzard had the stronger defense. Will those trends hold? Will Justin Time carry Edmtonton to victory?
Picking the cup winner for this season is really tough. In one hand, the Edmonton has more defense and has better goaltending stats and is better overall and is going to Philadelphia again where they won their two first games at. On the other hand though the Forge has a lot of offense and is forcing the Blizzard's to score more and forcing them to be more aggressive and less defensive and they have the confidence after the last two games they played. I have to say the Forge though because their offense is going to explode and overwhelm the defense of the Blizzard's, and there is another factor which is confidence. Already the defense of Edmonton seems to be tearing apart, so no I don't think their trends are holding. Right now Justin Time is not helping as much as the Blizzard want him to so I don't think he will be the biggest part if Edmonton wins the whole thing. 

(162 words) 

+3 TPE 

1 + 1 + 3 + 3 = 8 TPE (max)

[Image: hbtB38x.png]
                                                  Canada Knights Monarchs Thank you Enigmatic for the sig!  Monarchs Knights Canada
                                                                      [Image: qGhUIfY.png]  Monarchs Knights [Image: YADp0uU.png]