Create Account

S73 All Star Week

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE.
Milestones are folded in with All-Star Week.
Link your Milestone claim as task 1 for up to 3 TPE towards your 8 total.

+2 Milestone TPE

2/8

Code:
3. Written, 3 TPE, The Teammate One (150 words min.)
I wrote about Thomas Lind last season and this time our roles were reversed - he made it in the initial all star lineup! He was by far the best forward on the team, with a handy gap in points between me (13 point gap) and the person below Aksel (20 point gap). He spent almost as much time on the ice as Aksel, and was on both the power play and the penalty kill. He had a ton of hits, over 120, and all around was the best goal scorer for Manhattan this season. In the league, he didn't stack up super great as Manhattan is elbow deep in a rebuild and other than the top lines, the rest of the team isn't too beefy. Still, Lind keeps the hopes and dreams of his team on his back and definitely deserves a spot on the all star roster, as he continues to be Manhattan's star.

155 words

5/8

Code:
8. Written, 3 TPE, Lazy Reaction Content (150 words min.)
This one doesn't say that I can't write about my own player, so I'm taking that opportunity to toot Aksel's horn. He had a poor showing this season, he can't lie and say that he's happy Manhattan is consistently at the bottom of the standings, but nevertheless showed up to games and tried his best. He and the rest of Manhattan campaigned for a spot for him to join Lind in Edmonton and it paid off! He's not entirely sure he deserves the spot, but he's happy to have it and looks forward to a lighthearted game. Los Angeles also had quite the campaign for their players, nabbing both of the last in spots in the western conference. Reed Kobo and Pass Forfeit both have very good stats, and LAP hovered right around the middle of the standings with Reed as their 2nd top scorer. Aksel's Eastern last in pal is Phillip Fry, BAP's offensive defenseman.

156 words

8/8

[Image: 1091735715194343496][Image: merh.gif][Image: 1091735379956211812]
[Image: jZtKPwK.png]    [Image: Thz4BYW.png]    [Image: ivBf7yq.png]    [Image: sXDU6JX.png]

[Image: merha.gif]
[Image: kvwHYOm.gif]
gay heghog

1. Milestones 3TPE: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3440496

2.a) 1TPE Both those lines would be terrifying to defend against, but having played more vs the EDM duo and WIN this season I think they will score more. They are the 2,3,4 top scorers from last season who all know how to make great passes and also finish the shots they get. Tough to stop all three at once. 60 words

2.b) 1TPE I would start them on diffent pairings just so we get to see if they can figure it out with a new partner. That being said if it gets down to crunch time and the game is still close they will find each other together again to up that chemistry and finish out the game. 55 words

3. 3TPE On a team where scoring goals was a weakness, he scored the most of them. Atticus Hale had a great season for the Specters, averaging over a point per game while also helping out a bunch on the defensive end as well. He hits, he blocks shots, and does all the things needed of a star player. Seeing how stacked the All Star game is with firepower, I would expect him to play a few less minutes but to just enjoy the entire event and soak it all in. Unfortunately for him, he will probably not get to show off how strong he is defensively as its a good show for the fans, he will probably let the opposition forwards get away with moves he normally stops. He is a great presence in our locker room and I expect him to be the same happy and talkative guy hanging out with all the other stars of the league for the weekend. 161 words

8TPE total

[Image: NOLA-oiduser.png]

1. Milestones: +1TPE

Milestones Post

[Image: 485e83ad5709e90ba5a0cffccb717e08.gif]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: n5T6k5K.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
:3
Cranberry Sig by @enigmatic
Pride Skates by @sköldpaddor
"You Belong..." Banner by @sve7en
(This post was last modified: 11-20-2023, 10:48 PM by Crash_Conrad. Edited 5 times in total.)

1) Milestones (3 TPE)

+/- 23 or higher (+45)
PIM 35 or fewer (28)
Hits 76 or more (122)
https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3440523

2a) Wow, both these lines are going to be top notch. But if I have to pick one, which I do, I'll pick the one with Lacksamus and Swoboda. We've all seen what Ivan Lackasmus can do in the real games, turning the SHL on its head with all those points. Imagine what he can do in an All star game less formal setting. I would imagine that he could really open the floodgates, especially with his teammate next to him! (1 TPE)

2c) I think I would have to choose playing in front of Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz. I mean how can you go wrong with someone named Justin Time? You really can't. Also, that second name, not even going to try to type that again or pronounce it so please don't ask me, but that dude just sounds like he'd be great at goaltending. Come on what more can I ask for? Maybe I'll play in front of these guys in the SHL one day! (1 TPE)

3) If I got to play in the SMJHL all star game, I would want it to be alongside my longtime teammate Bellamy Blake. Blake and I have been through everything in Vancouver and we are both quite disappointed that we couldn't bring a cup to that city, and didn't even come as close in the playoffs as we would've liked. That being said we were teammates then and we are about to become teammates again in Baltimore, so I am quite excited for that. Nobody else I would want to suit up next to, and I think by now after these years of playing together we know the ins and outs of each others games quite well. It would make for an interesting, steadfast pair and a combination that could lead to some all star offense from the blue line! Hopefully one day we can achieve this goal in Baltimore representing our city in the SHL All star game! (3 TPE)

[Image: nf6AAw2.png]

1. MILESTONES (3/8)
Milestones

2. SHINY GRAB BAG (5/8)
a. I think that the trio from the East will be completed by Ricky Koivu and that this pairing will score more points than the West. I say this because Atlanta and Philadelphia have an annual meeting in the playoffs, and while there is tension, there is also a lot of familiarity especially with the longevity of the three guys.

b. If I'm the coach of the all-star team, I'm probably not mixing up those pairings. They both made the ASG for a reason, and that reason is because they work well together and are a big part of each other's success. There is something to be said for having fun, but there's also familiarity and fan appeal to worry about, and I wouldn't risk splitting up any pairings.

8. LAZY REACTION CONTENT (8/8)
I think that Red Kirkby was absolutely snubbed from the last man in vote and from the all-star game in general. While fellow center Ricky Koivu obviously fully deserved his spot in the match as well, Red was only outscored by 2 points and had 2 less goals with less shots and a 2.02% better shooting rate. Red was also a better defensive player, giving the puck away far fewer times with about equal amounts of giveaways, beating Ricky with a .87 to a .50. Red scored one more game-winning goal, was admittedly a bit behind on powerplay and shorthanded points, but only by 7, and had a better plus minus by 16. His game rating was 8 points better overall and 13 points better on offense, even if a couple points worse on defense. Red had 101 more hits, 10 more blocks, and 17 less PIM. I just don't see a way that Red should not be in the ASG if Ricky is. Both are deserving and both should be in but Red was absolutely snubbed.

[Image: laser.png]

[Image: Virrok.png]
Thanks to EAB and sulovien for the sigs!
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2023, 12:16 AM by karey.)

Milestones: https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3440465

+4 TPE

Quick Hits:
A. It is safe to say the combination of players I am most excited to touch the ice together will be the combination of Challenge Cup winning forwards from Edmonton, Benjamin Surkhi-Ze'ev and Evan Winters, and their rival in the west, Winnipeg Auroras Ekholm Gunnarson. The star power is seen in the teams success, and their chemistry will be in full effect come all star game.

B. If there was any reason for the game to matter, I would keep lines the same. There is no denying chemistry is the most important aspect to the simulation, keeping players together helps their on ice performance. That being said. The all star game is for the fans of the league as well as for the players. There are no stakes, so I say change it up. Play players with their rivals and see what happens, definitely do fan service by keeping teammates together for special teams, but spice the game up. I would even play players out of position or run two goalies for fun.

C. Out of the goalie tandem of- Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz or Fantobens and Karsikko, I would definitely want to play in front of Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz. I was tempted to choose Fantobens and Karsikko because I could spell those names, but I discovered copy and paste and decided against it. Time had a stellar season this year and out of all the players, I trust playing for him. It would also be an honour scoring on old friend Fantobens!

+3 TPE

Code:
5. Written, 3 TPE, Last Men In (150 words min.)
Argue for one of your teammates (not yourself!) to be the last man in for your conference!

I’m sorry, but I’m changing up this prompt to better reflect my players presence in the Smjhl. I view every player in the SMJHL as a teammate, as a result, I would advocate for a junior player making the SHL All-Star team and having a player represent each conference to better develop the minor hockey league. Considering many of these players will eventually make the SHL it would be fun to see how they perform, and reward their efforts through their own All-Star game appearance. Even though the smjhl has their own All-Star game, it would be very fun to have them play against superstars. The game may not be fair because of TPE discrepancy having the players compete in skills competitions and other fan events helps bridge the gap between the SHL and the SMJHL.

The player I think that would be a great addition to the SHL All-Star game is the SMJHL points leader of the regular season this year it would be Jeffrey Hunzicker of the Quebec City Citadelle. He scored 103 points and would hold his own in the SHL, even for a couple shifts in the all star game.

+3 TPE

*I recognize I overdid the tasks as I didn’t realize I earned 4 milestones.

Code:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

S73 Milestones 3 TPE

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.

Code:
c. Goalie picks were intersting this year; only one cup finalist will suit up for this allstar game. Which goalie tandem - Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz or Fantobens and Karsikko, would you pick to play in front of? Remember that in the All Star Game, the backup will get minutes!

If I had to choose one tandem, it would be Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz, simply because for me, Brzęczyszczykiewicz was the most impressive goalie this season while the other three are really close to one another. Brzęczyszczykiewicz is the only one of the three that didn’t play in front of an absolutely stack defense and he had to make way more saves than the others this season and I expect him to perform better during the All-Star game were goalies should all face a significant number of shots because of the lack of efforts on defense.

95 words

Code:
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

Salzberger should have made the All-Star game because of how impressive of a season he had for his age. He is a S59 draftee that was able to get 89 points this season. It would be great to show these All-Star players what they might still be able to do in the future and showcase some older players to the fans who might have grown up watching some of these players.

71 words

Code:
Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

My Atlanta Inferno teammates who made the S73 All-Star game roster are forward Shōyō Hinata and defenseman Philippe-Eko Eel. I this post, I will talk about Shōyō Hinata nomination. I think Hinata deserve his All-Star spot simply because he is one of the best players at generating offense in the whole league. Hinata lead our team in goals with 57, which was good for fourth best in the league, and in points with 116, which was good for fifth best in the league. These numbers show that Hinata is one of the best players in the league and not having him in the All-Star would be hard to justify. As for his upcoming performance during the upcoming All-Star game, I expect to see more of what we saw this season, which means lots of goals and assists which should be fairly easy to pick up since the All-Star game is usually more open and the players are way less motivated when it comes to playing defense than what we see during regular season games.

174 words

Nor Ge
Citadelles

Salzberger Lillehammersson
norway Inferno World Falcons

Anders Christiansen
[Image: inferno.png] [Image: dragons.png] [Image: wolfpack2.png] [Image: stars.png] [Image: Dxdffra.png] [Image: hGKuRrv.png] [Image: sAx3Llh.jpg] [Image: firebirds.png]

Milestones +3

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG?

I had 2 teammates make the All Star Game this season, I'm glad to see both Erik Bergman and Philip Fry get the recognition they deserve and make the Eastern squad. Bergman had the 8th most goals among Forwards in the Eastern Conference which is a huge accomplishment considering he didn't play on an elite team like NEW. He is the biggest offensive threat in Baltimore and I'm glad he's representing us once again. The other player is defenseman Philip Fry, who is one of the better 2 way defensemen in the SHL. He was 4th in among Eastern Conference in points including being 2nd among RD in goals scored. Fry is also great on defense being around the top of the league in shots blocked, while not super physical on defense he is very good in moving and taking care of the puck. I expect both of them to make Baltimore proud and helping the Eastern Conference but pressure on the Western goalies.

a. The presumable top forward line of both conference teams this season is two teammates plus one from a division rival. For the East, Lacksamus and Svoboda of New England will have their line completed by either Shoyo Hinata of Atlanta or Ricky Koivu of Philadelphia. In the West, Edmonton's Winter and Surkhi-Ze'ev teaming up with an old nemesis in Ekholm-Gunnarsson gives me the shivers as a goalie. Which of these top lines do you think will score more this ASG?

Both of these lines are insane but I will have to go with the Eastern Conference line Lacksamus is in my opinion the best player in the SHL and you give him his line partner and someone on the level of Shoyo Hinata or Ricky Koivu. It's stupid to count out Ekholm-Gunnarsson or Surkhi-Ze'ev as by themselves are capable of taking over a game let alone as a team.

b. Both conferences also have two pairs each that played together all season. The East has the top pairings of the Wolfpack and Forge, while the West has those of Edmonton and Winnipeg. If you were coaching these games, would you keep those pairs together, or would you mix them up?

I would definitely keep them together, in an All Star game you have the special opportunity of playing the best players playing with each other. If they don't gel together but some of these players already play on the same IIHF teams together so I don't think there are any bad feelings. While not the biggest game in terms of what's on the line but there is still a lot of pride on the line here.

[Image: DrbPYHV.png]   [Image: B4x6AQm.png]
Scarecrows Russia Wolfpack

Rest In Peace Dangel

1st SHL Goal - S52 Game 1 vs Tampa 3. New England Wolfpack , Jakub Bruchevski 1 (Eko Van Otter 1, Delver Fudgeson 2) at 8:10

Scarecrows Platoon Russia

[Image: F4iUWyS.png]

Offseason Pass

[Image: 8FZ99SX.jpeg]

1. Milestone +3

[Image: 3MtyuZk.gif]
[Image: dAxJaBU.gif]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post your claim in the milestones thread for tpe earned per stat, and then link that post in your ASW submission. This is done because the person who grades ASW will be a different person than double-checks milestones.

Milestones - 2 TPE

Tell me about your teammate who made the all star game! Who are they, why were they an obvious choice to make the All Star roster, and what do you expect from them this ASG? (If more than one of your teammates made the game, pick one of those players other than yourself. If you are the only player on your team selected for the all star game so far, write about your team's candidate for last man in instead.)

Alright let's face it whichever Barracuda players have been selected for the all star game are going to absolutely kill it. Skills? Unmatched! Power? Like a god damn stallion! Speed? You talking about my friend Flash over here?

Ho Ha! as compared to the snub from last year it is clear the Cuda players are starting to find their way onto the board. First up is Robert Biemans who has been an absolute stud for us this past year. He set the standard for points and I think a lot of our younger core is going to be looking up to him to try and emulate what he accomplished this last season.

He has finally earned some accolades and I think it is well deserved. Biemans competed with the best and even though our young core showed through a bit this season I think we are continuing to make good strides with veterans like Rikket Biemans.

The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?

In case you hadn't heard enough of my rambling yet, let me continue to go out about how the Cuda have been left in the wind! We are a proud, proud team and to be shunned like such an institution like that of the All Star committee is, simply put, deplorable. I demand equal representation and I am most definitely not seeing it. Like imagine there being twice as many Manhattan players as there are Tampa Bay Barracuda players! What sort of world is this?! In fact I am putting forward and official request to have the All Start game changed to a write in ballot so we can determine who the true All stars of the league are. Unless of course this swings the wrong way on me in which case I would think it might be best if every team volunteered their best and brightest and we all just called it a day.

8/8 TPE

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2023, 11:45 AM by wizard_literal. Edited 6 times in total.)

Code:
Milestones +3 TPE

https://simulationhockey.com/showthread....pid3440645

Code:
2. Written, up to 4 TPE - Shiny Grab Bag: Pick up to 4 topics related to the All Star Game to write about! Each topic is worth 1 TPE. Each answer must be 50+ words.
a. The presumable top forward line of both conference teams this season is two teammates plus one from a division rival. For the East, Lacksamus and Svoboda of New England will have their line completed by either Shoyo Hinata of Atlanta or Ricky Koivu of Philadelphia. In the West, Edmonton's Winter and Surkhi-Ze'ev teaming up with an old nemesis in Ekholm-Gunnarsson gives me the shivers as a goalie. Which of these top lines do you think will score more this ASG?
b. Both conferences also have two pairs each that played together all season. The East has the top pairings of the Wolfpack and Forge, while the West has those of Edmonton and Winnipeg. If you were coaching these games, would you keep those pairs together, or would you mix them up?
c. Goalie picks were intersting this year; only one cup finalist will suit up for this allstar game. Which goalie tandem - Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz or Fantobens and Karsikko, would you pick to play in front of? Remember that in the All Star Game, the backup will get minutes!
d. Why should YOUR player have made the all star game, and why should you be the last man in? (If your player did make the all star game, argue for one of your teammates instead!)

b. If I was coaching I'd opt to keep the pairs together. These players have been facing off all season, and as a result they know the ins and outs of each others games. With such little time to prepare strategy for the all star showdown, familiarity is what I'd rely on to give our team that competitive edge out on the ice.

62 words

c. At the end of the day the goal is to win and simply put Fantobens and Karsikko combined for 78 wins compared to Time and Brzęczyszczykiewicz's 72. When it comes to an even rotation I think the pair of Fantobens/Karsikko have on average shown a better game consistently throughout the season as opposed to the disparity where Time far outpaced Brzęczyszczykiewicz. Consistency is going to be key so I'm giving the nod to the Eastern Conference here.

77 words

Code:

Well here I am again propping up my teammate Meta Knight! It's no surprise Meta was again the top player selected to represent from the Minnesota Monarchs. Minnesota prides itself on being a balanced team without any true go to players, so when someone stands out you know it's because they truly excelled as the result of a system and not just being fed opportunities! Coming in with 102 points to lead the team, and 52 goals scored good for 6th amongst all forwards, Meta Knight's ability to make the most of every opportunity at a high efficiency put them deservedly into the all star discussion. Minnesota's success this season in making the playoffs and bouncing back to one of the best team records in recent history was in no small part the result of Meta Knight's offensive prowess! While the shooting percentage leaves a little bit to be desired, putting up 102 points with help from a very young supporting cast is what I think pushed them into the all star discussion.  Expect Meta Knight to show out for the all star game with the help from some of the leagues best offensively!

194 words

[Image: wizard_literal2.gif]
[Image: SZRCDpe.png]
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2023, 04:44 PM by karlssens. Edited 1 time in total.)

Code:
1. Milestones, up to 3 TPE
milestones, claim 2

Code:
San Francisco didn't see much an improvement from last season, finishing the year with 53 points. We have a number of amazing players on our team, but when you finish 14th in the league it's unlikely you'll have more than the 1 required player attending the all star game. This year it's Viktor Hargreeves, who is certainly more than deserving. He finished the regular season with 84 points (39th overall in the league). He led the team in points and was 2nd on the team in goals and assists. His best attribute though was his efficiency in the faceoff circle. He led the team in faceoffs taken, faceoffs won and faceoff win percentage with a glowing 53.3%. I think he'll fair well in the all-star game because he already used to playing big minutes against the top players in the league. As our 1st line centerman he gets the toughest minutes and has proven to be more than reliable for several seasons now.

Code:
The Last Men In are now decided and the rosters are finalized. Who was a good pick? Who got snubbed?
This season the last players in for the western conference were a pair of Panthers, Reed Kobo and Pass Forfeit. In terms of points production it was a surprise Pass Forfeit didn't make it in on the original selection. He finished 4th in points from the blue line in the western conference, ahead of Adelie de Pengu and Christian Kinsinger. He also had fewer giveaways and more takeways than either of those two names. He had fewer blocks, but his hits total was similar to both of them as well. All in all he was definitely a good selection for the last man in. Reed Kobo finished 13th in scoring among forwards in the western conference and had fewer points than most of the other names that made the list, but one area he excelled in was game rating. He finished the season with a game rating of 82, which was on par with a lot of the top finishers in the league like Rashford and Laraque who both led the way with a 84.

Thanks for the sig ragnar!
[Image: scholz.png]

pride Armada  Player Page || Update Page  Germany pride

1. Milestones +3 TPE

[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Milestones  +2

a.
I am putting my vote on the Western Squad, and I say that with absolute bias of playing in the West. The East is a strong team but the West just has that extra bit of fire power. The West just needs to let these players go off, because they will. [51]

b.
I think there is a real good strategy in keeping some players together. The already have that chemistry built up from the season. The familiarity of their game will help bring their teams up. It is easier for one player to fit in with a pair than it is for a pair to fit something new. [56]

d.
To see Luca Pane get in the All Star Game would be a dream come true. Luca has been improving every season since he has been called up and I know he is almost there. I think Luca might be a bit to physical for this kind of game and may take out a rival or something just because. [59]

Once again, representing the Minnesota Monarchs, Meta Knight. Knight is just an all around great player and great teammate. I could not think of a more deserving dude to get the call to join the Western All Stars. Knight put up a huge 102 points this season with 53 coming from goals. He just finds the right spot in the offensive zone and buries the puck what seems like every time. This stud is not even at their peak yet. Imagine when his line mates get a little bit better, they might be the best line in the league in a season no so far away. Knight deserves this opportunity and I know they will absolutely kill it. Looking at the rest of the Western All Stars line up, Knight can fit in with any of those players, on any line, and produce. I think all eyes are going to be on the West's top line, and I believe Knight will be in the middle 6 and shine through. [169]

[Image: Niktox.gif]
Specters Monarchs Berserkers Scarecrows [Image: italian-flag.jpg?s=612x612&w=0&k=20&c=tO...eKFgvtgqU=]

Specters Armada Scarecrows Czechia
Panthers Specters Jets Scarecrows Usa [Image: 4star.png] [Image: challengecup.png] [Image: challengecup.png]
RIP Dangel #AD26  |  RIP TDZ