Create Account

S74 SMJHL Interested Prospects Thread

Player Name: Elly SnowLeopard
Position: Left Wing
Recreate or First Gen?: ITS MY FIRST!

First-Gens: How did you find the site? Naomi brought me on! <3

Full Discord Username: kalix_izalumi

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): varies. but usually 5-10

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: korean bbq that thing! and extra cheese. 

What made you join the SHL?: A good friend introduced me and brought me in <3

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: around 6 years ago i would have chosen to work on myself rather than wait till a couple years ago.  

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Exiguobacterium and its use as a pollutant sequestering agent in water treatment facilities. 

Waffles or pancakes?:  BOTH, with peanut butter syrup (family recipe). remember. you can do matrix math on waffles (lackadaisy anyone?) XD

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Poyo!   poyo poyo. 

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?:  with the shirt and rainbow hair and a welcoming space

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: 3d rendering/animation.  being cute

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): tough choice. one of my favorite series is the neanderthal parallax. for one its a good exploration of alternate history in a unique and interesting fiction using real anthropology research to explore how this other species would be different from humans. and this series was recommended to me by the professor who helped shape me into the lady i am today and how i study and learn so this series holds a special place in my heart. 

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: building a cute player and getting to know everyone

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: i have one for each type. tho i really like pichu cause he such a cute boi and gets into all sorts of trouble. goodra is another favorite and glaceon

What video games do you play?: i like skill based games tho am up for antyhing with my friends. apex. fortnite. etc. I love Baldurs Gate 3 and adventure games as well and am a huuuuge Resident Evil fangirl! and an even HUUUGER Kingdom hearts fangirl!!!!!

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: i really like shiba inu. they look so cute and fluffy. 

Player Name: Mathias Olivera
Position: Center
Recreate or First Gen?: First Gen
    First-Gens: How did you find the site? G-G-G-Google
Full Discord Username: Kline_.

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): 20ish
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Cook it on the grill
What made you join the SHL?: Decided to join a sim league after a long deliberation.
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: If I could choose, I'd probably pick mid-2000s Europe as it would be the time of a century for football.
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: I would have to pick my life as I am not good at either lecturing or remembering anything
Waffles or pancakes?: Pancakes if I had to choose but I don't really care for both
If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: It should.
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: If the team wants it I'll do it.
Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Photography, gonna try out sports photography sooner or later
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): None, I only read if I have to at school, and I don't even remember what books I read.
What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Fun, probably?
What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Gengar, because he just looks awesome. Wouldn't he be a cool guy to chill out with?
What video games do you play?: OOTP, EHM, Geometry Dash, ETS2, ATS, and that's it.
If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: I would have to go with golden retrievers because my dogs are those and they're just lovely.

Player Name: David Doughty
Position: Defense
Recreate or First Gen?: Recreate
Recreates: Who was your last player?: Tim Riggins
First-Gens: How did you find the site?
Full Discord Username:the_real_jayhawk

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): depends on the week but average is 6

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: BBQ.

What made you join the SHL?: joined a long time ago. I was bored, it looked interesting so i joined

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: The 93 Stanley cup Finals (The last time the Habs won the cup. )

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Sports, Team Mentality.

Waffles or pancakes?: Waffles, no question

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: how big is the tree?

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: wear it

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: epoxy resin tables and projects

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): Pssshhh, Too many to pick one.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?:good people, good communication, fun times.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: don't have one.

What video games do you play?: Shooters, Sports.

If you were to choose a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: I have a soft spot for huskies and german shepherds.

[Image: 54855_s.gif]

Knights ||  Patriotes

Whalers|| Renegades ||  Patriotes ||  Finland

Renegades ||Militia ||Canada  

[Image: jearim.gif]

Player Name: Supreme Dalek
     Recreates: Who was your last player?:
     First-Gens: How did you find the site? Through the ISFL, but mainly honey and aeonsjenni
Full Discord Username: thewhovian91

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): Solid 7, but often more as I work from home half the time and work tasks fluctuate. 

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: Grilled with the slices in it to make sure it doesn't burst.

What made you join the SHL?: I've really been enjoying the ISFL, and I like hockey more than football (don't tell my teams on me), so I thought how could I not have fun over here as well?

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: Hmm, I know this wasn't limited to hockey, but I'm going to give a hockey answer anyway. I'd want to go back to St. Louis to experience the most recent Stanley Cup win. We used to live less than 5 mins from the stadium, and our apartment balcony faced the parade route. We moved the summer before their win, and I'll always be sad I didn't get to be there in the city for that!

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Best Fantasy-Romance or Romance Fantasy books to read, why, and the difference between the two with examples Wink

Waffles or pancakes?: Waffles, but more for the toppings (and their sturdiness as a vessel for holding said toppings)

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Yes

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Of course! How else can I help?

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Sim Leagues? Haha, outside of Sim Leagues, Reading is always an on-going hobby of mine, and gaming. I've recently beat Assassins Creed Mirage, and have now been playing through the Assassins Creed Ezio Collection again!

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): That, is so freaking hard. I'm just going to go with one of the most recent best books Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros. The second book Iron Flames just came out, and it was just as fast-paced, and awesome. 

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Locker room vibes for sure! If you aren't having fun in the lr, then what's the point of the rest of it?

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: I've always been a huge fan of Dragonair. I just always thought they were so graceful and elegant looking, then on top of that they are a dragon type (back when there were less dragon types to go around?) it added an extra mystic to them.

What video games do you play?: Normally RPGs. I love games that are really heavy on story, some people get mad when cutscenes become movies but I enjoy it! Some of my favorites over the years have been Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, Final Fantasy (multiple of course), Horizon Zero Dawn, as I mentioned earlier Assassin's Creed. I'm missing a bunch I'm sure, but those are off the top of my head. If I need to release some stress Tetris is also a favorite! 

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Irish Setter! I'm a natural red-head, and I've heard that they are very affectionate and happy dogs!

Player Name: Violet Stoica
Recreate or First Gen?: Recreate!
    Recreates: Who was your last player?: Emilia Bergman, lifetime Buffalo Stampede defensewoman.
    First-Gens: How did you find the site? n/a
Full Discord Username: renomitsu

How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc): Depends on the week - but I'm in my last 6-7 months of residency, so it's rapidly increasing. Maybe 3?

What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?: I went to Chicago recently and it's whatever they do up there. I got a Devil Dogs Chicago-style and it was cheap and very tasty.

What made you join the SHL?: I really, really don't like myself. Oh, and I guess I've already been doing a bunch of other sim leagues and figured it was time to return here.

If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?: I'd prefer not to go back in time as a minority, personally. Maybe to yesterday?

If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?: Ventilator management in patients with acute hypoxemic respiratory failure. OR common electrolyte derangements. Either is acceptable.

Waffles or pancakes?: Pancakes. I don't need a whole new set kitchen appliance to make pancakes.

If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?: Since there are living organisms within hearing distance of the tree, the answer is "yes" independent of your definition of "making a sound."

In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?: Uh duh. My major advocacy work is in advocating for easier access to mental health for LGBTQ+ youth.

Any hobbies you've been into lately?: Playing guitar, piano, ukulele, and cello have been my hobbies the last few years.

What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included): I really enjoyed John Green's Looking For Alaska. Taggerung and Ender's Game were also childhood favorites of mine, but I'm on a bit of a Patrick Rothfuss and Brandon Sanderson kick now.

What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?: Active locker room. I can't be around 24/7 because of my job, but that can make up for a lot of weaknesses.

What's your favorite pokemon? Why?: Espeon. Like many Pokemon names it's a clever play on words, it's got a sleek and aesthetic design, and it attacks you with mind waves. Why not?

What video games do you play?: I'm enthralled with Baldur's Gate 3 at the moment, and plan on starting Cyberpunk 2077 shortly after I finish with whatever 150+ hours I put into BG3. League is always going to be a once-or-twice-a-week kind of game for me.

If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?: Australian Shepherds! Despite my less active job, I consider myself high energy and bound by duty. I seek out opportunities to help others do what they want to accomplish and it brings me joy.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!
(This post was last modified: 11-25-2023, 07:03 PM by SolarSlayer. Edited 1 time in total.)

Player Name: Kolen Henderson
Position: RW
     First-Gens: How did you find the site?: ISFL discord
Full Discord Username: SolarSlayer

11-18-2023, 07:14 PMBadWolf Wrote: ONLY S74 SMJHL Rookies (S75 SHL Draftees) are eligible for this PT. This is NOT for people who got drafted into the SHL (S74 SHL Draftees).

If you want to be drafted high in the SMJHL entry draft, you've got to make sure you're on teams' radars. Fill out the following questionnaire compiled by Head Office and the General Managers to earn some easy TPE and show everyone more of who you are and what teams get if they draft you!

6 TPE for completing all the questions.

SMJHL HO Questions (5 Questions)

Code:
Player Name:
Position:
Recreate or First Gen?:
     First-Gens: How did you find the site?
Full Discord Username:

SMJHL GM Questions(14 Questions)

Code:
How many hours a week do you usually have free? (ie 1,3,6+, etc):
I’d say 10+
What is the most optimal way of cooking a hotdog?:
Microwave it
What made you join the SHL?:
I was just browsing through google and found it.
If you could travel back to any point in time, what would it be and why?:
2011 Canucks Stanley Cup run
If you had to give a 30 minute lecture from memory what topic would you choose?:
Why the Canucks are the best team to never win the cup
Waffles or pancakes?:
Waffles
If a tree falls in the forest does it make a sound?:
Yes
In honor of your team’s Pride Night, you’re being asked to wear a pride-themed warmup jersey to be auctioned off for the benefit of a local LGBTQ+ youth charity. How do you respond?:
If my team asked me to.
Any hobbies you've been into lately?
Making my own hockey simulated leagues with pen and paper
What is the best book you have read and why? (Comics included):
The Bible because it brings me closer to God
What do you consider the most important part of a fun league experience?:
Enjoying the community.
What's your favorite pokemon? Why?:
Miltank cuz cows are my favourite animal
What video games do you play?:
NHL fortnite and Spider-Man
If you were to choose  a breed of dog you would most likely be, what would it be and why?:
A Chow-chow cuz they’re fluffy and big.

Deadline: The start of the S74 SMJHL draft