Create Account

[2x Draft Media] The boring story of a draftee + S75 Class Name Tier List

As a new guy here, my priority with this draft media piece is to make money, first and foremost; but also to force myself to familiarize a little bit more with the league as a whole and some of the tools that come with it. Thus, I’ll take the opportunity to first introduce my player: his motivations, goals, backstory, qualities, and why he is the best defenseman in his class, which will be drafted in the upcoming SMJHL Draft (I may be a bit biased on that). And on a second note, and to further prove I’m the best defenseman in my class, I’ll be ranking the names of my contemporaries with a tier list; the kind of objective, impartial, unbiased, and useful information everyone is here for.

My player’s name is Sebastien Levesque. He has been a fan of the game for a while. Being the middle one of three brothers, he’s the one that was interested in hockey. Coming from a Canadian father and a Norwegian mother, he has decided to represent his mother’s country wherever he goes, and IIHF is no exception. He is from Oslo, Norway but moved to a small city in South Ontario called Thunder Bay at a young age. He is known to be pretty competitive, when surging through high school and now Lakehead University, all while being regarded as one of the best young defensemen in the country. His agility as a defensemen represents an evolution in the game, while still maintaining great field IQ and spacial awareness to understand opponents plays and anticipate their movements in order to block all shots coming through, making life easier for the goalie.

His motivations and overall goals are to make a name for himself in the Minor Leagues, maybe even win an individual award; and more importantly, he wants to challenge the SHL All Time Shots Blocked record (or Blocks, for short) held currently by Slip McScruff with 3485 (and counting). That’s a task of the highest order, but Sebastien feels he has the ability and discipline to at least be a moderate threat for the record. Additionally, Levesque has the desire to be the backbone of competitive and successful teams throughout his career; never being the star player or the scorer, but instead being the defensive wall and preserver of leads, with the occasional assist here or there.

To further prove I’m the best defenseman in the class, I’ll state that my style of play will consist of defense through and through. Blocking shots, pushing attackers, reading the opponent’s plays, and making the occasional assist here or there. Breaking kayfabe, I think I’m the best defenseman in the class because my track record in the PBE speaks for itself: one of the highest earners of my class, open to learn and to be guided by people who know more than me in terms of builds, and all around good locker room person.

As for the name ranking, I’ll be dividing it into tiers. From C all the way to S Tier. I’m prefacing this saying that this is all for funsies. Please don’t take this seriously at all; and please let me know if your name has a reference that I just missed, either because of ignorance (most likely) or because it just went over my head and I should have gotten it in the first place. (Updated as of the 21st of November, so some names will be missing)

C Tier. This tier is reserved for names that either don’t make sense to me as it could be a reference I don’t understand, or are names that I feel are too simple/generic. Nothing wrong with that, but there are still better to come.

Henri Losanov
Song Ju-gong
Ólafur Gunnleifsson
Roman Cechmanek II
Olīvija Agate
Fredrik Gronlund
Niclas Sundqvist
Niclas Wastlund
Kal Åkar Kekkonen
Jurijs Rālfs
Silas Bart
Inge Baardsen
Ethan brown
James Madison
Alex Faries Limarzi
Jasmin Quevillon
Dave Bardizz
rhys mohs
Jay Howitzer
Simon Kotek
Kaiden Brown
Joel olsson

B Tier. This tier is reserved for names that I think are funny, clever, and/or include a nice reference.

Carter Crutchfield
Ongo Gablogian
Eric Vanderberg Jr
Warwick Windsor
Sebastien Levesque (my name is nothing to write home about, but if you get the reference based on the surname and my profile picture, kudos to you)
Groaty Bronson
David Doughtty
Cedar Lawson
Teemu Salami
Edouard Lavoie
Mia Lavoie
Slava-Ukraini Heroyam-Slava
Come O'Dirga
Æric Calland
Wellerman
Blant Chorski
Ace Van Levianta

A Tier. This tier is basically B Tier, but stepping up a notch.

Caspian Leevi
Pom Purin
Rocket Deke
Max Hammer
Pinli Switchbang
Andrade La Sombra (tranquilo)
Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean
Charlie Slurpe
Muon Collider
Jesus Murphy
Jack "Jumpshot" Keigan
Elly Snow-Leopard
Bo Jangles

S Tier. This tier is exclusive for the cream of the crop, the best this class has to offer in terms of names. Creativity after all is objective and not based on the eye of the beholder.

Launchpad McQuack (this one just cracked me up the first time I saw it)
Journey Man (don’t stop believing, Brick)
Slowpoke (slow clap)
Bean Beanman Jr (bean is a funny word, what can I say?)
Literally Wizard (this is one is so simple but so stupid. Loved it)

PS: I think that not listing all the names might not make sense, since they are divided into tiers. However, I totally understand that just listing the names might be seen as lazy without adding anything else. So graders, feel free to subtract payment for the names that don’t have any comment attached to them.

Credit to Meo for the sig
[Image: image.png?ex=6578da45&is=65666545&hm=61c...d8861e9fc&]

Id rate cechmanek higher because of my nhl 02 days but fair list. Good luck in the draft and good luck beating slip. Dudes an old timer and wont be easy to top

F tier

Demir Bellona

:(

[Image: Kalakar1.gif]