Create Account

AI generated new logos of all SMJHL teams based on text descriptions
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2023, 12:28 PM by Carpy48. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hi everyone! If you haven't seen the other article in the SHL media forum, go there first and look at that one, because both articles belong together. I went and had AI generate logos of all SMJHL teams now as well based on relatively detailed text descriptions of the original logos. The original idea for this came from Luke, I linked the posts from last year in the previous article. GenAI has really come a long way and it was a fun project.

Enjoy!

Anchorage Armada

[Image: lJkpZqj.jpg]

This was more difficult in the end than I thought, because it always generated sail boats. Not too bad overall.

Alternatives:

[Image: j53tsAU.jpg][Image: ZF2fi89.jpg][Image: S6AcQiK.jpg]

Carolina Kraken

[Image: hTUyvFL.jpg]

It took me a while to get this right, because most of the results looked rather cute than scary Wink I added one of the cuter versions below.

Alternatives:
[Image: 2eJyBD1.jpg][Image: hKdJ5uR.jpg][Image: Q8dFzPE.jpg]

Colorado Raptors

[Image: qeuJHpG.jpg]

The biggest challenge here was to reduce the level of details, because the original logo is more cartoon-ish. It almost got the text right one time too, I'm surprised.

Alternatives:
[Image: KCVPXBy.jpg][Image: tY4Cf9v.jpg]

Detroit Falcons

[Image: gUsVd5d.jpg]

I couldn't get much variety here and same problem, getting the amount of details reduced was my main problem. At least the position looked okay here.

Alternative:
[Image: Oe47eoA.jpg]

Great Falls Grizzlies

[Image: 9MfSkfP.jpg]

This one was relatively difficult, because it always showed a frontal view of a bear and ignored all my prompts. Most of them looked the same, but I got a cute one too Smile

Alternative:
[Image: aYtlPtQ.jpg]

Kelowna Knights

[Image: 8iaOoNg.jpg]

I expected this one to be easier, but it wasn't. Both versions come somewhat close to the original.

Alternative:
[Image: lRTqzdT.jpg]

Maine Timber

[Image: 4iIKPsq.jpg]

One of the harder ones to get right for sure. I was happy that it at least put an M in the middle, because it absolutely ignored the axes all the time. Abstract logos are difficult.

Alternative:
[Image: KVba53K.jpg]

Nevada Battleborn

[Image: fVbh5Jo.jpg]

It generated a lot of cool designs, but I wanted one that looked like the original. Unfortunately it never got the colors right and always inverted them. I added some versions with text.

Alternatives:
[Image: lrc4UzW.jpg][Image: Pr9lfD2.jpg][Image: hxFQNJQ.jpg]

Newfoundland Berserkers

[Image: rxDvQeD.jpg]

It took really long to figure out how to get an actual person on here and not an animal (or an animal wearing another animal's skin), but the result is pretty cool. This was the closest I got to the original, but some of the others also look great.

Alternatives:
[Image: 7OYQaHS.jpg][Image: a1a4JaN.jpg][Image: pi1WDpg.jpg][Image: xeHhWex.jpg]

Quebec City Citadelles

[Image: Cxlrrhm.jpg]

The shape was the biggest problem. And that a lot of the owls looked more like Duo from Duolingo. I spent too much time on this one somehow.

Alternatives:
[Image: PRMXWpw.jpg][Image: QyHPGbo.jpg][Image: PhknZQI.jpg][Image: fjMnVnh.jpg][Image: MOmmsWh.jpg]

Regina Elk

[Image: C3JgUGH.jpg]

It feels like this one was one of the easiest. Can't do that much wrong and it was a simple prompt.

Alternatives:
[Image: PVC4V9C.jpg][Image: n2ssB1Q.jpg][Image: EhlBjwA.jpg]

St Louis Scarecrows

[Image: Ed7Uuzq.jpg]

The mouth doesn't look right, but the rest isn't too bad. I got too many skulls and not many that actually looked like a scarecrow. Had to reduce the amount of details after I got the first alternative here.

Alternatives:
[Image: exUKeMl.jpg][Image: P4BXeru.jpg][Image: VxllRy1.jpg]

Vancouver Whalers

[Image: ZKYbtQP.jpg]

This logo was really frustrating and I was happy every time I got something that somehow looked a bit like a whale. No idea why it had so many problems.

Alternatives:
[Image: aHIG3gX.jpg][Image: kUKqqz9.jpg][Image: M5w2eNS.jpg]

Yukon Malamutes

[Image: IzrbrMz.jpg]
Biggest challenge here - a logo where the dog has a closed mouth and no tongue is sticking out :D Took me a little while to get this somehow right, but it wasn't easy.

Alternatives:
[Image: entx9J6.jpg][Image: CHNwVel.jpg][Image: OO9UHdV.jpg][Image: Bq4BuCI.jpg]

P.S. Graders: Same info here as I added to the SHL version - you don't have to grade this if you think it's not worth it due to the amount of AI content. I didn't write it for the money. Includes several hours (4-5) of work though. If you want to, you can grade both together.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

The Grizzlies alternate logo is so cute!

Great article! Did you use Midjourney or ChatGPT4 through Bing?

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

LEGGE BATTBIBON

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

12-10-2023, 11:45 AMMikeLiut Wrote: Great article!  Did you use Midjourney or ChatGPT4 through Bing?

Thanks, I actually used neither, but this site. Pretty sure Midjourney could do an even better job.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

Oh, I did not know that one, thanks!

Midjourney can great amazing logos, but it takes some time. I started a similar project to yours a few months ago to familiarize myself with IA, and it was fun.

---
Ekaterina Valieva - Baltimore Platoon

[Image: 0KH34qN.png]
Thanks @Lazyeye for the sig!

as much as i dislike AI - those AI Elk logos go really hard

[Image: S38oOt3.png][Image: of1yZSs.png]
[Image: JzmdDrE.png]

i knew Carolina was better but seeing the cute version of the Kraken just confirmed this fact for me even more

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

That elk logo is fire!