Create Account

S74 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist

Once Mushu the Dragon retired from Maine there was really no one left to pick up the Disney themed mantle until Shotty arrived to the team, and for that reason Shotty makes sure there are always at least five Disney songs in the pre-game playlist each game.

1. You're Welcome / Moana
This song serves as a reminder to all of Shotty's teammates that the goalies in the team need to be thanked for all the wonderful things they do for the team, things like stopping shots.

2. Go the Distance / Hercules
This song inspires each of the Maine players to remember that it is not just about the next game we play together, but it is actually about going the distance this season and bringing the cup back to Maine!

3. You've Got a Friend in Me / Toy Story
This song is pretty self explanatory because being a successful team revolves around being a team that is on the same page with one another and dare I say it, a team of friends.

2. Let it Go / Frozen
Not every song has to have a deep profound meaning for the team, some songs are just simply guilty pleasures. 

1. Be a Man / Mulan
In honor of the retired great, Mushu the Dragon, the team keeps this song rolling as a locker room favorite all these seasons later.

[Image: Oa8OpwNyDg-K2JwGMV_wCV9Yt4_2wZc5y5QPLUXn...authuser=0]

PBE Affiliate PT

[Image: 65151_s.gif]

[Image: Tqabyfh.png] [Image: OOcGSpM.png]

Henri Losanov has a much older brother who he would watch play when he was really young. Most of the music played in the arena back then are what stuck with Henri to this day. Most of his Regina teammates loves to chirp him for his music taste, asking him if he is actually 40 years old. You see in Regina everyone got to put their playlist twice a year and the players can't wait for Losanov turn. Here is what he is gonna play:
I will survive - Gloria Gaynor. Young Henri would dance in his crease during stops when that song was played in tournaments.

The kids aren't alright - The Offsprings. Classic to get the blood pumping

Eye of the Tiger. What better song before hitting the ice?

Take me out- Franz Ferdinand. Classic EA NHL song, gets you in the mood

Diary of Jane - Breaking Benjamin. Nothing to do with hockey, just his big bro favorite tune

[Image: opt6vpu.jpg]

1. Whats Poppin - Jack Harlow
Whats Poppin has been a song that has been used by the Battleborn most recently after addition of Literally Wizard who is very much a Harlow fan and requested this song
2. Party Up (Up In Here) - DMX
This game was added to the pre game playlist to get the team hyped during the pregame strategic session so that they are all excited and raring to go
3. Swag Surfin’ - F.L.Y. 
This song is used to hype up the crowd and the team as they come out onto the ice. This song was actually requested by a long time fan to be involved in pregame prep
4. Jump Around - House of Pain
This was an essential that the Gm had requested Jump Around is a classic and has always been a staple to get players to lock in. Recent Nevada Battleborn pickup has this as their favorite song.
5. Walk This Way - RunDMC
This is an all time favorite of the team and really embodies Nevada which is the main part of why it is in the pre game playlist.

[Image: IsJIh5s.png?format=webp&width=872&height=1066]

Violet has been trying her best to acclimate to Canadian and American music after her transition out of Sweden. She's found an affinity for jazz/soul inspired pop music with a fast beat and positive vibes before a game, although totally gets the appeal of listening to heavy metal that a lot of her teammates have chosen as part of their pre-game rituals.

1) Sour Candy by Melt. This is an absolute bop but not really fast-paced enough to hear right before the game, so this primarily serves as a way to get Violet in her happy place so she's more receptive to other songs.

2) Don't Lose Sight by Lawrence. It's a pretty upbeat song with a clear message about not getting disillusioned with the tough parts of your job or the frustrating systemic aspects of work (mostly a boatload of bureaucracy) while keeping your eyes on the prize.

3) Denim Jacket by Sammy Rae and the Friends. Sometimes your identity is tied to what you wear and how you've chosen to express yourself, and sometimes what you've got to wear can function as a costume that changes your mindset. For games where Violet's feeling nervous or challenged, sometimes you've just gotta put on your denim jacket and let it rock.

4) Valerie by Amy Winehouse. Yep, I think the prompt-specific stuff stopped about a song or two ago, this is just a nostalgic, great song. Might not be great as a pump-up but Violet loves to listen to it anyways.

5) Hemingway Lemonade by Careless Cub. Honestly, this is just a plug for one of my friends' bands who I met through sim leagues heh.

[Image: qgldMOE.png]
Thanks @Amidships!

Look, I'm going to be dead honest with you guys. I am 3 days into 3 straight doubles and I flat out exhausted plus I have to work both Christmas Eve and Christmas. I don't mind because the pay is worth it but it has completely fried my brain. I know the prompt says to explain why the songs were picked but I just can't. I'm wiped and beyond caring at this point. I'm just going to name some songs that are light on the reasons why and please just give me a break. If you can't, don't worry, I completely understand. I am just going through the motions on my end and yeah.

Bulls on Parade: RATM
Reason: It's clearly awesome

Hustlin' - Rick Ross
Reason: What were doing

Beguiled - Smashing Pumpkins
Reason: Great beat and sounds amazing

Knock Knock - Mac Miller
Reason: It's catchy and its also awesome (See Above)

Random Pick
Reason: Never know what song might come on, it might be kickass.

ISFL Affiliate 

1). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5pbzjpNGxI --- The first song. The SIDH - Alba, a song of joy and freedom and wild abandon. its the perfect song to go strutting into the locker room with before a game and have a little dance and just feel the energy. 

2). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwsLntJe7c0 --- Shark attack! free for all. slightly more focused energy but overall just a general feel good hype song. it keeps the groove going. 

3). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruXMtD6LM1s --- Leslie Wai - Paradigm II. a really intense electronic song that plays off what really got me when I was younger, and what i play when working out or just feeling really good and in sync with myself. dramatic and powerful. bring that hype to its peak. 

4). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67G_iQuMgN0 --- your gonna go far kid - Jonathan Young cover. absolutely love his cover. and perfect way to feel the body come alive and further switch off from a more dance-y type mood to a more "invincible" feeling sort of mood. 

5). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdAuahcTfpY --- Black Betty (ram jam) Betty Boom electro swing cover. something about the way this song is mixed just feels me with so much "get stuff done" energy. it makes me feel like I am the queen of whatever im doing and makes the perfect song to save until right before the game starts.

Slowpoke isn’t the biggest music fan as anything extra going on tends to distract him or make it difficult to think. Thankfully this is a team playlist though so whatever gets the team as a whole prepared for the ice is a-ok for Slowpoke. The first song started off as a joke in the locker room but has been a bit of a morale boost and inside joke with the Berserkers. 1. Gotta Catch em All. This started off as a joke but so many players enjoyed the throwback to a show they grew up with that it still makes the rounds. Beyond that there’s mostly just songs that get people pumped up and ready. 2. Motiv8 from J. Cole makes an appearance as a means to get people excited and act at motivation before the game. Along a similar vein, 3. Ooh Kill Em is purely there to get the energy levels high. Zack Fox’s 3. The Bean Kicked In is another banger that gets the team relaxed but energized with its beat and goofy lyrics. 4. Knuck if You Buck is a team favorite, especially among the enforcers and defensive-minded players. And finally, Denzel Curry’s 5. Ricky has it all.

202+ Words

The first song I would pick for my team's pre game playlist would be Ready by Lil Baby. This song would emphize among the players in the locker room that we are ready for battle and will do anything it takes to win and be successful in life.

The second song I would pick for my team's pre game playlist would be Fight Night by Migos. This song would get into the fighting mindset which would help drive the need to fight for every single last puck, no matter where it is on the ice. This and every other game is truly do or die, so will need to make sure that we always give one hundred and ten percent.

The third sound would be Legacy by Offset and Travis Scott. What would we be without wanting to build a legacy for both ourselves and for the great Scarecrows franchise?

The fourth song would be On A Mountain by Gunna, and this song would boost our confidence as we are better than everyone else.

The fifth and final song would be How it Feels by Lil baby and Lil Durk. This song emphasizes how it feels to live a struggled lifestyle and then do everything in your power to change. When times get tough during a game, we will never give up and continue to fight to win.

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread
(This post was last modified: 12-25-2023, 03:24 AM by notorioustig. Edited 1 time in total.)

The five songs are, in order with 1 being the walkout song, are the following:

5. Barbie Girl - Aqua
4. Mr Brightside - The Killers
3. Narco - Blasterjaxx
2. Levels - Avicii
1. Joker and the Thief - Wolfmother

This playlist is scientifically formulated to induce increased heart rate and physiological response times on account of being back to back bops followed by the single greatest walkout song in existence. As everyone knows, Barbie Girl is sure to get everyone moving either out of respect for the bop or due to an aggressive flight or fight response. Either works for this purpose. Mr Brightside reduces some of the raw aggression in favour of a "control what you can control" mindset. Narco then proceeds to reactivate the flight or fight response with the matador esque cues and aggressive drop. Levels needs no introduction, it just bangs. Finally, listening to Joker and the Thief before a game is scientifically proven to make you want to run through a brick wall, let alone whatever resistance mere human being opponents can offer. The guitar riff alone is enough to send anyone with earbuds into a full on berserker rage, and combined with the the general BPM of the playlist as a whole, basically forces the players' heart rate to shoot even higher and get the blood pumping before they drop the puck.

[Image: crtigger.gif]
[Image: murphy.png]