Create Account

PRESS CONFERENCE *MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT*

Quote:Originally posted by Shutout@Sep 4 2012, 05:54 PM

His contract is blank on the CGY budget topic. It's probably how they stayed under cap last season  Wink
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=274069

tbh

why are you still talking about this. What's done is done Tongue

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Pretty much hte dumbest thing yet in the SHL.

Dragons benifit like crazy by iving up barely anything for a star keeper and re-signing a handful of players who would be gone if not for this trade, while the Thunder get 2 players who are barely progressing. Thunder even lost their 3rd lmfao thats hilarious.

Add on all the GM candidates who got fucked into the mix, the SHL srsly needs to sit down and take a good look on how to fix this.

Quote:Originally posted by Checkmate@Sep 4 2012, 11:01 AM

Oh right, you'd offer two 1sts, at least three 2nds, a top prospect, and the kitchen sink for Webb.

I agree with Seth though. Jesster's player is essentially a rental at this point, he'll be good for one or two more seasons, max. Webb is our best player really and he's still got a while before regression.

Plus I think if this trade wasn't going down, Spidey was next in line as GM for Calgary so no need to trade him.

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Sep 4 2012, 01:38 PM

I agree with Seth though. Jesster's player is essentially a rental at this point, he'll be good for one or two more seasons, max. Webb is our best player really and he's still got a while before regression.

Plus I think if this trade wasn't going down, Spidey was next in line as GM for Calgary so no need to trade him.

MAKE :italy: ROSTER

[Image: RBQhWRP.png]
[Image: sLnhTvh.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by Otrebor13@Sep 4 2012, 10:24 AM
This trade is unfair in terms of who gets what and at the same time, not fair for how this all went down.

LVK has their hand forced to deal Fernando to Buffalo while Jesster needs to go back to Calgary. The trade itself isn't fair. Jesster is the best goalie in the league right now, and all that was lost was their backup goalie, a draftee and a 3rd round pick. TO me, that's robbery for the best goalie in the league. Sure BBH was going to be placed into the expansion draft and whatnot, but still doesn't justify the trade. Usually, when others want to be GM/Co-GM of another team, teams must trade for that player and give fair value for the player in question. This was done in a way where Calgary got a "discount" on Jesster.

The expansion GM process is also irrelevant now, since Nando got a team and Jesster just gave it up. Nando is a great GM, and will definitely help the Thunder, but the way the team was awarded to him isn't right and shouldn't have been allowed imo. It was specifically stated that Nando was eliminated in the process of finding an expansion GM because they wanted someone new to GM the expansion team. Nando was going to help Co-GM the Thunder with Jesster, so a trade for him would have been coming. However, Jesster probably would have paid more for him than what he did. Not to mention, all people who were being considered towards the end for an expansion team get shafted into not getting their team. Nando also doesn't get his own logo/location that he applied with and also had no opinion on drafting and speaking to the players that are currently on the team.

Gooseneck was also put into the expansion draft specifically because he wanted to play with Jesster. That wish was granted until Jesster finally was traded back to Calgary in this whole thing. This would have meant that the Platoon could have kept Gooseneck, who was one of their top players. Thunder also lose out on Smith (As previously stated) who would have signed with Jesster. The Thunder get significantly weaker, losing the best goalie and a very good FA.

The thing I think really makes this whole thing sit badly with me is the way this whole thing was down and how quickly it had to be done. If Jesster was contemplating being GM of the Thunder for a couple of weeks, I don't think he should have been selected as the GM (Nothing against Jesster. I love him, but this isn't right for the team). Now, the fact that Dylan and Leafs were not consulted about this makes me really not like this. It seems as though both Leafs and Dylan are against this deal (Judging by their posts in this thread). If this was supposed to be decided by the commissioners, I don't see why 2 of the commissioners weren't consulted. This is what really makes this worse, and I think should be re-discussed as a group to see what should really happen.
Yeahthat

Quote:Originally posted by NathanAD@Sep 4 2012, 06:38 PM

but this would be another version of the trade so you'd still get Jesster and he wouldn't be a rental, he'll now be in Calgary for a long time as a GM.

Quote:Originally posted by Stifler's Mom@Sep 4 2012, 12:40 PM

MAKE  :italy: ROSTER

Thanks for reminding me, although everyone makes the roster. :lol:

Everybodys getting fucked

Quote:Originally posted by Corcoran@Sep 4 2012, 02:38 PM
Everybodys getting fucked
Except Spangs.. He never gets fucked :ph34r:

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

This issue has been finalized privately already. I am closing this down.