Create Account

X2 Draft media - pre draft speech POV Brayden point

Good morning class of S76 to our draft day! This is a day about us. We have trained for this moment - all roads lead to the draft within the SMJHL. Look at the draftee to your left, right, in front, and behind you; odds are you will end up on a different team but with the same goal of winning a cup. Never forget where you came from a humble beginning with a hungry passion to win and ultimately drink out of a cup with your future team. It is no fluke we are all here and even though the SMJHL scouts rely on “vibes” provided our similar dates of joining the league, TPE, and bank accounts - excluding the recreates here how we play going forward is going to determine how and where we end up joining the big leagues of the SHL. I say enjoy these games for many this is the first time stepping foot in a simulation! For recreates enjoy having the power to rewrite and change the future for us rookies know that history is made every day and the actions we take now are being watched by the SHL GM and players. Vibes are still a slight factor within the big league as far as I know but they push for activity and want to see strong potential on the ice. Know since joining the SMJHL as a draftee SHL GM have been watching and will continue to watch until either we or them quit or retire however many years from now. Draft day is a start of a career - many hockey players would kill for an opportunity to be drafted anywhere and yet we are here and they aren’t. No matter which team you end up on, no matter the contract you receive, no matter the location you have to move to my advice is focus on the puck and play hockey like you never played hockey before. No matter if you have the honor of first draft - a supposedly cut and dry answer that I hope we are incorrect on personally, or you are dead last in the draft. Remember there are billions of people in the world millions of which that would kill to be here over us. This is a draft night in Las Vegas for us and about us! The media, the teams, the fellow draftees, the fans - both live and on the TV, and all the SMJHL head office are all here in celebration of us and where we end up. I can’t speak of where I will be drafted I can say I hope my vibes get me to first draft but I can promise no matter where I end up I am going to score so many goals it would be a sin to not draft me! Class of S76 I ask that we maintain our class and that I know we have. This in my opinion is the best draft the league has ever had - I might be a bit bias though considering I have only seen one SMJHL draft class I have seen. At the end of the day I wish all of you the best. May the rivalry’s be friendly, may the hockey stay clean, may the activity of this class hold, may we all stay in touch, may this be the best hockey season in SMJHL history ever, may you make new lifelong bonds in the locker of your new team, may you never forget this day and where you came from, may we all stay humble and yet hungry for the win, may the best SMJHL team take the cup and all the fame that comes with it, and may the draft be ever in your favor! 

Look forward to seeing everyone in Vegas - I have a flight to catch! DM will always been open if you need me! 

*Mic drop*

(Word Count 658 - x2 draft media)

Falcons Hockey fan for life. I pack the heat and score the goals!   Barracuda

[Image: Point_Celly-13020730.gif] 

Hattricked: