Create Account

S75 PT#1: Orr What? Due: Monday, February 19th @ 11:59pm PST

OPTION 2

Funny that you should ask! I actually just took a web course in hand-eye coordination development in order to become a better hockey player. It's a common misconception that hand-eye coordination is all about the connection between our hands, eyes and brain. But actually, that's just a small part. Humans do things with their hands all the time, 24/7, so the connection between hands and brain is basically perfect for everyone with a fully functional body. But the aspect where there's room for development is actually our "eye memory". It consists of all the movement our eyes have witnessed. The more different kind of movement we have seen, the better our brain can predict what's going to happen, and the better information can be sent to our hands. So the key to practicing hand-eye coordination is just watching things with fast movements, from as many different angles as possible. The most efficient training is, for example, watching a ping ping match from a close distance. Surprising, but true!

[Image: sulov.gif]

Hand eye coordination can come naturally to some, but others may need to put in a bit of work. A super easy way to build up your hand-eye coordination is to bounce a ball on a wall and catch it, this is extremely easy to do before a game and whenever you have spare time. This exercise is super simple but yet effective and can done basically any time, anywhere. Another good exercise is to pick up a sport casually like tennis, tennis is good for hand-eye coordination due to having to hit the ball and also hitting the ball at different speeds, angles, heights and more. I would recommend a more casual game compared to competitive due to the nature of tennis but it would be an easy and effective way to build up your hand-eye coordination if one was looking for a more "sporty" or
"athletic" way of doing it. Another easy hockey way is to play keep up with a puck on your stick whether on the ice or in the gym.

175 words

[Image: tylard13.gif]
Made by Rindiee, rum_ham & Carpy

Jacob Mueller S5-S
Julien Dupont S6-S13
S9 Challenge Cup - Calgary Dragons
IIHF Gold - Germany
Rufus Reinhart S13-S24
S14 Challenge Cup - Texas Renegades
Christoffer Björnsson - S25-S35
S25 Four Stars Cup
S26 Tom Corcoran Trophy - SMJHL Top Goalie

Sami Owens - S36-S52
S38 IIHF Bronze - Canada
S39 IIHF Gold - Canada
S42 IIHF Silver - Canada
S51 Challenge Cup Champion - HAM

Liam Slate - S54-Present
S53 WJC Bronze - British Isles
S54 WJC Silver - British Isles
S55 Four Star Cup Champion - Newfoundland Berserkers
S57 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S58 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S60 IIHF Silver - Great Britain
S61 IIIHF Gold - Great Britain
S67 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
S68 Challenge Cup Champion - Seattle Argonauts
Triple Gold Club

PBE Affiliate

[Image: source.gif]
[Image: image.png]

Option 2:

How do you improve your hand/eye coordination? Why, endless training and exercise, of course! Every day of every hour of your life, except when necessary, practice! Wake up, and then spend eight hours on the ice perfecting everything from shots, to tips, to passes, picking the puck out of the air. Absolutely everything. Break for lunch and then immediately to the ice for another four hours becoming the greatest ever to lace up the skates. Eat dinner. And then a nice easy, intensive and multi-faceted four hour skate to finish off the evening. Do this every single day of you waking life and you will surely make noticeable headway on your coordination! It's what I've done, and it's how I've gotten as good as I have! For the entire 13 years of my existence I spend just about every second I can on the ice to ensure I leave absolutely nothing to chance! Czechia will prevail!

MWHazard Wrote:i'll playwith anyone
playing with my teammates is part of the intangibles I bring to the table
i play with them a lot.
they didn't like it at first
but after a while, it just felt normal
Justice,Sep 18 2016, 02:09 PM Wrote:4-0 and 0-4 aren't that different tbh
McJesus - Today at 10:38 PM Wrote:FIRE EGGY
HIRE ARTY
[Image: xuHy0EF.png]
[Image: Artermis.gif]

Option 2:
Mänty would likely try to think some other games to play other than hockey to get some variation to training to improve players hand eye coordination. From top of his head he would suggest trying pesäpallo which is pretty similar to baseball though pitch is more predictable making it easier to hit but then trying to hit the ball with required precision and with right amount of power is easier said than done, and not just the batting but also throwing and catching the ball would be quite good training for hand eye coordination. Other than that he would likely steer his teammate to try something that requires more speed to get working on that too, for example start playing guitar hero at increased speeds in hopes of being first player to play Dragonforce's Through Fire and Flames at 200% speed without missing a note, might not help his game but would be absolutely epic achievement.

[Image: puolivalmiste2.gif]
Sigs by @Carpy48, @Nokazoa and me

Option 2

So you want to know about how to train hand-eye coordination? Good that you've come to a goalie, we know a lot about this, because it's part of our daily job. In fact I believe I might be the best person to teach you because I'm so good at this. The ideal method to improve your hand-eye coordination is not to practice anything about hands and eyes, but to do the opposite. Practice foot-ear coordination instead. Sounds weird? Believe me, it works. I've tried. It's even better if you come up with a method yourself, because you know your feet and ears better than anyone else and to be honest I don't even want to look at either of them. Once you have figured out how to build the perfect connection between your left ear and your right foot, you're ready for the game. Don't worry about it, the rest will happen automatically. Just don't ask me for details. Or ever talk about this again. Don't mention it to anyone.

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

The Ghost of Bobby Orr appeared one night while Ubba Lodbrok, center for the Anchorage Armada of the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League, prospect for the Philly Forge of the Simulation Hockey League, and made quite the impression. The first thing he told Ubba to do? Get an agent, but not just any agent. Get the Agent of all Agents, Jerry Maguire. You see, Bobby Orr had some major financial issues while he was in his hey day. Of course, none of it his fault, minus not keeping track of his money while his Agent embezzled a vast majority of it away. As Jerry says to all his clients, SHOW ME THE BODY, I mean MONEY!

Now the next few things that Bobby Orr told Ubba Lodbrok were once thought to be completely conicidental, but the no socks thing? That holds up, you see Bobby had massive shoes to fill, and he of course had massive feet too. So to make them fit properly, he wore no socks. And don't tape your stick too much. YOu have to feel hockey, y'know man!

[Image: unknown.png]
[Image: wearingabear.gif]
render cred: @rum_ham, @Rangerjase @Ragnar @supertardis101 @Jogurtaa @Drokeep @evilallbran @Carpy48 @enigmatic
Player Page | Update Page
Armada  Forge  Finland

If a teammate approached Billy Herrington seeking advice on enhancing hand-eye coordination, he'd likely delve into an unorthodox yet surprisingly effective method: pelvic power. Billy firmly believes that harnessing the strength and accuracy of one's pelvis can significantly improve hand-eye coordination on the ice. His unconventional approach might involve a series of pelvic thrust exercises, combined with precise hand movements to mimic stickhandling motions. Picture Billy leading his teammates through a rigorous routine, emphasizing the importance of pelvic engagement in generating power and precision. Additionally, Billy might incorporate visual drills, such as tracking moving objects or reacting to rapidly changing stimuli, to further hone hand-eye coordination skills. He'd advocate for consistency in training and a focus on fluidity of movement, stressing the interconnectedness of body mechanics and visual processing. While his methods may raise eyebrows, Billy's track record of success speaks for itself. With his guidance, teammates would embark on a journey of discovery, unlocking the untapped potential of their pelvises and revolutionizing their approach to hand-eye coordination training.

[Image: image.png]
[Image: dankestmemes69420.gif]

[Image: vhY18i8.png] [Image: gs89eGV.png] [Image: nBgNUTY.png]
Armada        Canada        Stampede
Falcons        Usa

Quote:Graphic Task: Draw your player playing a videogame and losing.

[Image: sdGfmeT.jpeg]

[Image: TqPg1ou.gif]

[Image: U66t7Jy.png] [Image: zyyvIFD.png]

[Image: wu5MVvy.png%5D]

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

PT PAss

[Image: BoucherFan12.gif]

[Image: benzeev.gif]

06-11-2021, 05:33 PMKenitohMenara Wrote: [Image: BLUE.jpeg]
Welcome to the hall, Ben!

I don't know if this is exactly for hand eye training but I've always seen these weird bubble grid things on walls in like, arcades and stuff? But apparently they're also used for real training. Anyway you stand in front of this like, 5x5 grid and one of the bubbles on the grid lights up then you have to whack it within a certain timeframe. I guess it's like vertical whack a mole. You get less and less time to whack the bubble as it goes on and you're trying to get as many as you can before you miss. It looks fun as hell to be honest, sadly I've never done it, they're always like $9 a play or something insane like that in an arcade. BUT I've always thought those would be amazing for like, goalies to train reaction times or hand eye stuff. If I could afford to buy one I think I would just for the fun of it but I imagine the training benefits are also numerous.

[Image: pin1_1.gif?ex=661a1734&is=6607a234&hm=b8...1bf5caed8&]

Ahh @CloudRobot you want to know how to get amazing eye hand coordination, like me? Well I'll tell you the secret. Believe it or not I learned this method from @Cash savage way back in the olden times. It's very easy, just do like the spider do. Spiders have 8 eyes, and 8 legs, which is 4 times the amount of eyes and legs we have. So they are 4 times better than us. Spiders sleep in webs, so get some webs in your sheets. Spiders eat a raw diet so no more cooking beside you eat. Spiders scare people all the time so jump out at people. The most important thing, and I cannot stress this enough, Spiders don't wear clothing. So whenever possible, train naked. Oh also, crawl around like a spider. If that doesn't work, you can always do that tennis ball drill from miracle on ice.

[Image: TROYMCCLURE.gif]
Colorado Raptors Capitan S42-Until Forever!
Czechia Wants you! Ask about a transfer!!

Option 2:

When it comes down to hand eye coordination, Jussi Mutou has found a system that works well. This season, he has passed his knowledge down to his teammates so that they too may succeed like Jussi. However, many find his system is quite strange and unorthodox and as such, have found it difficult to succeed.

Jussi Mutou catches bullets with his bare hands. No, really. Wait, why are you walking away? It’s true! Jussi Mutou has a training area he goes to where someone sets up at one end with a loaded gun while Jussi stands at the other end of a long corridor. The other participant then fires the gun and Jussi Mutou attempts to catch the bullet with just his hand. Most of his teammates haven’t even given it a go, admittedly. But Jussi doesn’t mind. More space for him to train.

“I haven’t caught a bullet yet. But imagine how cool it will be when I do.” Says the Colorado captain.

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

If you're going to the Carter Crutchfield school of training your hand eye coordination, look no further than the most challenging, and most fun experience of your life.

GUITAR HERO.

If you're playing Cowboys from Hell on Expert Mode, you're sure as shit going to be able to redirect shots on net and score goals in the Simulation Hockey League. From the makers of Tony Hawk's Pro Skater --- the biggest training tool that an athlete could ever dream for in terms of helping their hand eye coordination. Guitar Hero has it all.

If you beat Carter Crutchfield at Guitar Hero, you can have his ice time. Needless to say, nobody has been able to beat Crutchfield at the music rhythm game thus far into his career. It has become a staple of Anchorage Armada plane rides to see Crutchfield activate Star Power at 5000 feet. Rock on!!

[Image: g7VtVXX.png?1]

[Image: Z8YSDad.gif]

[Image: crutchfield.gif]