Create Account

S75 PT#3: McHockey Present Due: Monday, March 4th at 11:59 PST

Option 2

Like it was mentioned last week, the biggest thing that Kenny does in order to train his stamina and endurance is pro wrestling. A lot of the drills he used to perform when getting ready for a wrestling match are actually pretty effective when it comes to building up stamina for a hockey game, and they also help keep Kenny in the shape that he feels he is the most effective in. Some of what those drills entail are running the ropes of the wrestling ring until you are physically too tired to run them, performing various wrestling moves to keep them fresh in your mind and to work out the various muscle groups, and doing some sparring with a training partner. He'll also do the usual gym workouts to round out the routine with something more conventional. I think when you look at his results over this season, it's clear that the unique way of training is paying dividends for Kenny.

Code:
Word count: 162 words

[Image: RaidTheArcade.gif]

Prompt 2

Stamina is so important to everything. You always want the ability to go hard for as long as possible. Nothing feels worse when you're done after only a few seconds and already a sweaty mess, gasping for air. So for Andren, he trains stamina hard. The up and coming pugilist and agitator runs 10 kilometers every morning when it's not a game day and for him, that's enough for the long term, pace yourself stamina. The hard pushing, no oxygen in the lungs kind of stamina though, that requires a different type of workout and much like his workout for hand eye coordination, Andren falls back on the art of Boxing. Working the bag, specifically working through a complicated set of combos in rapid succession leaves anyone gassed and Andren will do that over and over. He'll even throw on one of the masks that simulates being at a high atmosphere in order to make it that much harder. Anything might mean an edge over an opponent.

167 words.

Andren Akerson (Present)
Adrik Baranov (S55 to S70)
Rurik Razin (S32 to S44)
Roy Razin (S17 to S32) (HOF/Rage HOF)
Audun Wissink (S5 to S15)

Endurance and stamina are of utmost importance when playing hockey. A single shift can be so tiring, and you have several of them in a 20 minute span 3 times with only 15 minutes of rest between each period. You need to be able to have the energy to backcheck, and be ready to spring for a breakaway if the opportunity presents itself. One great way to train endurance is simply running. Before he was a pro hockey player, my player ran track and field, so he has some experience with endurance training. One good exercise is ladder sprints, where you increase the distance you run in increments of 100 meters, starting from 100 meters up to 500. Then you go back down to 100 in increments of 100. Also just long runs in general are good, I’m talking several mile runs here. Strength training is important too but I would argue that endurance training is just as important if not even more so.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

I think it would be prudent to talk about the benefits of endurance training, because quite frankly there is no second best to endurance. Yeah, I mean you can spend all day stick handling, working on new moves at the rink, trying to improve, but without endurance what do you really have??? Nothing! Hockey players are born with gifts, and at the SHL level, the skills you have to get up to where you are all that matter. It’s kind of too late to learn those skills now, it’s not the developmental league. Thus, endurance reigns supreme. You can harness the full ability of your hockey skills, and continue on the path to greatness. Because without endurance, you have no puck handling, no speed, no acceleration. Endurance is the ethos of a hockey player — probably his most important asset out on the ice, make sure you don’t waste it!!

“I thought I was a goalie, but STA told me forget being a goalie they make nothing, and no one cares about them.  Guess what I was a center all along and I had no idea. Now I am the toast of the town, and I am getting offers from all the GMs and Scouts.”

– Spidey Talent Agency, on Activity Check

Option 2

Sonja's approach to training her stamina and her strength is actually pretty simple. She starts off with some run on the treadmill to lay the base work for her cardio. Though of course when it's a nicer day she much prefers to do her running outside rather than inside on a treadmill. Of course as an athlete she spends a lot of time in the gym so she of course uses the available tools there to further her strength. Be that dumbbells to barbells or even heavy training machinery. On the ice Sonja usually goes for training methods that strengthen her endurance be that by such simple methods as practicing her skating or practicing her ability to stay on her feet. After all as simple as those may be they are a really important aspect of hockey. Of course she also like to mix her training methods each training day so it's not always the same thing she does. And she doesn't even have to mix it up too much, only changing one or two things from the previous training day seems to be enough for her.

(187 words)

" Maybe someones er... they don't like me but... because i'm too good, i don't know why. "

[Image: Ant7F8q.png]

Option 1:

He's really barking up the wrong tree because Slip McScruff already has longevity and lacks playoff success. You could really say that Slip McScruff is the Connor McDavid of the SHL blueline and I doubt that anyone would correct you on that. The logic is foolproof.

Furthermore, Slip McScruff wants to stay as far away from a deal with Connor McDavid as possible. As discussed last week, we don't want any insane McDavid skills so sneak into Slip McScruff's toolbox because it will be hard to cruise along once they are in there. Just because he is the Connor McDavid of the SHL blueline now, doesn't mean that we want him to become the Double McDavid and blow up the league with too much skill.

Slip McScruff is really doing everyone a favor by refusing this power. You're welcome.

Also, I think inheriting McDavid's raw charisma would be too much for the media department of the SHL. Every single post would be about who he is wearing and what he is eating. Again, you're welcome.

[Image: scrufdaddy2.gif]
credit to Flappy, ToeDragon, and Carpy

Patriotes Stars Panthers Platoon Specters Platoon Panthers Specters Aurora Jets Usa Scarecrows

[Image: Tqabyfh.png][Image: UDyqktK.png][Image: 1DL5JDX.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-05-2024, 03:55 AM by Count Chocula. Edited 1 time in total.)

[Image: 2coKXE4.png]

@Accka

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France