Create Account

S75 PT#3: McHockey Present Due: Monday, March 4th at 11:59 PST

Prompt 2

Being a goaltender is always a difficult balance. You need to build up enough muscle to be able to move quickly and hold your own in the goal, while also being lean enough to be able to react quickly and instinctively while in net. For Jon St. Ark, it is a balance of light weight exercise coupled with endurance training. Playing goal for a full 60 minutes is an exhausting prospect. Unlike every other person on the ice, you can’t skate over to the beach after a minute and catch a quick breather. So Jon balances his days between weight work in the weight room, endurance training on an exercise bike, and then a metric ton of yoga of varying difficulties. Nothing strikes a balance between training the body and the mind to operate in sync quite like yoga, so Jon has become a big fan as he has been in the league for longer and longer.

[Image: v71TGsT.gif]

[Image: 6vGU8QS.gif]

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60] [Image: kahri.gif][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif?%60]

Option 1:

Bobby wakes ups and screams at the top as his lungs as he looks face to face with Connor McDavid. After realizing its Connor McDavid in his bedroom Bobby gives him a confused look and asks why Connor broke into his house and room. After Conner explains why he's here Bobby shakes his head and sighs before agreeing to give Connor the advice he needs. Bobby goes on to tell Connor that he has to grow a pair and punch someone in the face from time to time. No more skating around the ice and doing fancy plays it's time to play hockey the right way and get dirty. Bobby rants for hours about how you have to finish your checks get into the dirty spots and drive the net and screen the goalie. Eventually Connor leaves and Bobby can help but shake his head as he doesn't believe Conner will ever win a cup.Bobby wakes ups and screams at the top as his lungs as he looks face to face with Connor McDavid. After realizing its Connor McDavid in his bedroom Bobby gives him a confused look and asks why Connor broke into his house and room. After Conner explains why he's here Bobby shakes his head and sighs before agreeing to give Connor the advice he needs. Bobby goes on to tell Connor that he has to grow a pair and punch someone in the face from time to time. No more skating around the ice and doing fancy plays it's time to play hockey the right way and get dirty. Bobby rants for hours about how you have to finish your checks get into the dirty spots and drive the net and screen the goalie. Eventually Connor leaves and Bobby can help but shake his head as he doesn't believe Conner will ever win a cup.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

Thomas Liebold works out a lot but he always follows one rule in the gym, that rule is to never do cardio. he thinks it is boring and useless, he does not think it helps on the ice either because most of the cardio that people do includes running or biking and those are clearly much different than ice skating so there is no way there is any correlation between the movements and therefore no need to do it. instead he prioritizes strength and skill training because being big and strong is important and he is a skill player so he needs to be able to score. to make sure he can do this he works on his hands and puck control and he shooting because it is impossible to score if you cannot shoot the puck. strength is important so he can check other players and help play defense but it is more fun to score so he focuses on his skills the most

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: puddlesoduck2.gif]

ISFL Affiliate

[Image: crunksig2.png]

ISFL affiliate +

Quote:
Citadelles

First off, Connor. How the fuck am I supposed to know how to win in the playoffs when I am as bad as I am. I get you’re an all time choke artist like the Leafs or Panthers or Sharks, but I really can not help you with that. I am terrible at hockey. I can ask some of my team mates. They probably know. But they haven’t told me yet. Probably because I don’t deserve to know. Anyway, give me that secret work out. Is the secret just having the personality of a wet paper bag that is sitting on the sidewalk outside a dollar general in a small town in Missouri? Because holy shit have you nailed that. If that is the secret, then I think I probably just want to be an average or mediocre player in the league and not a superstar. Because that is a trade off I am not willing to make.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

ISFL Affiliate - username is FTR.

RIP Mac & 701

Having a fellow hockey player, despite them not being on the same team, ask for help with their game will always result in a yes from me.  Especially when he's asking about probably the one area that I can provide any aid to McDavid's game.  In my 4 seasons in the J Detroit completed a total worst to first transformation not just in their division(s), but in the league.  The last time I played hockey as a junior player I got to lift the Four Star.  So, with all that in mind my advice to one Conor McDavid is simple.  Play bigger and stronger than your opponents in the playoffs.  Don't give them an inch when they have the puck and you'd better damn well make sure to keep yourself between them and the puck when your team has it.  I know he has all the skill in the world, but McDavid isn't tiny either. At 6'1" and 194lbs he should be able to throw his weight around a little better and not leave it up to his teammates because he's 'too important.'

O2

For training endurance and stamina nash is the kind of skater that always tries to push himself to the limit. Getting out there and just skating for long periods of time is really what is going to help. Lots of leg exerceses and time on the bike is super important. People always think Nash may have more endurance because he's a dog, but truth be told, standing on 2 legs and skating is nowhere near the same as running around on four legs like always. Having to retrain his body to rely more heavily on the two hind legs is a huge barrier here. Luckily t he coaching staff in both Detroit and Buffalo was really able to help nash train and get where he needs to physically. PLaying defense its essential to have that stamin and endurance to play at least 20 to 25 minutes a night when the coach really needs to you most.

[Image: topalo2.png] [Image: sig-nash.png]
[Image: Rangerjasegmailcom.gif]

Option 1:

I spring up in my bed, excited as a kid on Christmas morning - "OMIGOD Connor McDavid!!! You're my favorite player in the league!! I freakin love you!!!!" Bouncing up and down excitedly I babble on about how I have copied my game after him, I took myself to 20 Speed and 20 Puck handling stats because I wanted to try and be as good as him, He chuckles, "Maybe if you got it to 22, kid! Let's go I want to show you some drills!" For sure. He transports me to his heated driveway, where we grab a couple sticks and tennis balls and run up and down the driveway, stickhandling through an obstacle course of pylons and sniping bar down when we get to the net. It's a pretty good time, the air is cold and we can see our breath, just a couple kids playing some road hockey! He asks me if I know the secret to playoff success, all I can do is shrug and say "hey man you can do everything right and still lose, that's life!" But hopefully they win this year

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies     S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK     Grizzlies

Rip thunderdome is not a big fan of running on the treadmill or just in the streets, so he doesnt train endurance by just running. Rip thunderdome needs the cardio to be integrated with a more interesting and fun activity. So to train endurance, rip thunderdome likes to play a variety of sports from soccer to swimming to volleyball to flag football. This training strategy allows the endurance training that would normally feel very exhausting and hellish seem fun. Rip thunderdome has a deep appreciation for a lot of different sports and despite being a hockey player, he still likes to indulge in a variety of sports. Rip thunderdome believes that this helps to make him a more well rounded hockey player and person. By playing many different sports he is able to meet many different types of people and learn different strategies from different sports that might translate to hockey somehow

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Prompt 2: Lias deals with stamina by engaging in high intensity workouts with his boyfriend Conner Snooks or by challenging himself to keep up with his on again off again teammate in Sweden M'Baku Olubori. They are not exclusive but they do find new and exciting ways to test one another's stamina each day. Lias is also interested in working on stamina with Baku but he's not sure if Baku feels the same way and it's a weird question to ask when you have a long term situationship with somebody else to sort out too, you know? So mostly he just uh, focuses on the on-ice stuff, and pretends like the rest of that isn't a factor during the season because both of those guys are on other teams and it's not like they're training with each other during the season anyway. Off-season, though, all bets are off and he's either training with Baku at Cassius Darrow's summer camps or trying to get either Conner or Baku to come to Visby to see all the sights, which is a solid combination between lifting uh, stuff, or running laps around the town and seeing medieval ruins.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Isfl affiliate

[Image: captainLahey.png?width=1000&height=606]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png][Image: tCcIWQC.png][Image: 9pUocRs.png]