Create Account

S75 SMJHL PT#4 - Pre-game Playlist Due: Sunday, March 3rd @ 11:59 PST

The locker room playlist. A near impossible and unenviable task for whomever is tasked with curating it. Long gone are the days where the radio and MTV told you what was popular and who/what to listen to. One guy likes country, another likes death metal while yet another likes.....well, you get the idea. The best locker room jams find some grey area in between that everyone can get pumped up to  and have some fun with. 

So what's playing in the Armada locker room?:

"I See You Baby" - Groove Armada

Remember this one? "I see you baby. Shaking that ass." Usually one of the first songs you can hear blaring from the Anchorage LR. What better way to loosen up and relax than twerking with your teammates. Plus, Groove Armada, Anchorage Armada.....so clever. 

"Levi Johnston Blues" - Ben Folds and Nick Hornby

There was a small window of time where you couldn't turn on the television without seeing Sarah Palin. Or Tina Fey pretending to be Sarah Palin. (I'm still not entirely convinced they're not the same person). What does that have to do with this playlist? Well, Palin was the governor of Alaska for a short period of time. Politics schmolitics I hear you saying. Exactly. Levi Johnston saw himself pulled into all of the drama and was immortalised on this particular track. You'll hear the team singing the chorus at the top of their lungs....
"I'm a fucking redneck,
I live to hang out with the boys, play some hockey, do some fishing
And kill some moose.
I like to shoot the shit, do some chilling I guess,
You fuck with me and I kick your ass."

"Floating (Time Isn't Working My Side)" - Portugal. The Man

Geography fans will know that Wasilla, AK is about 45 miles north of Anchorage. Close enough for Anchorage to claim them as their own. A boppy little number.  "Did you forget you're floating? Did you forget we were only men?". You know what else floats? Boats. (did I mention I was clever?)

"Renegades" - 36 Crazyfists

Oh. Another band that was formed in Anchorage. It's almost like there's a theme happening here. What a strange coincidence....
Defunct metacore outfit 36 Crazyfists (or 36CF for funsies) can often be heard playing from the Armada dressing room. Why not Killswitch Engage or Avenged Sevenfold or any other metalcore band? Because they're not from Alaska. Duh. Is it weird that there's some sort of Alaska only metalcore rule? Absolutely. But I didn't make the rules, I'm just writing this article. 

"Alaska" - Little Hurt

Hooray for themes! This one should be pretty self-explanatory. One of the lines from the songs is likely something every player on the team told their family and friends when dropping the bomb that they were headed to the remoteness of Anchorage. "Sorry I had to move to Alaska". 

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

The Citadelles have a really diverse collection of music tastes in the locker room, but when Anna gets the aux cord for the day, here's a sample of what can be found on her playlist.

Take on me by a-Ha: This song is potentially Norway's greatest export and everyone loves it. It's at the beginning of the playlist as is often listened to while the team stretches out at the beginning of practice.

Cities on flame with Rock and Roll by Blue Oyster Cult: Anna's parents listened to classic rock for the most part, and some of her favorites made it onto her playlists. 

Threat level midnight by Neck Deep: As a teenager during the revitalization of pop punk in the early 2010s, she loves all of the bands from this era, but at the top of Anna's list is Neck Deep. 

Anti Hero by Taylor Swift: Not even the players at the top of the hockey world are immune to the draw of TSwift. This would be Anna's goal song if Quebec City did personalized goal songs. 

Levels by Avicii: A fantastic hype song has to be on the playlist somewhere, and this one always gets the team going.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

Song #1 - The Bare Necessities (Bruce Reitherman). A song that reminds us of the simple things in life, and what we need to remember before losing ourselves in a climb to the top. It calls the bears together, ready for a game.

Song #2 - No More Mr. Nice Guy (Alice Cooper). As time draws nearer, it’s time to become a fearsome force on the ice. No matter what we are on the outside, for the next few hours we’re the fearsome Grizzlies!

Song #3 - Kickstart My Heart (Motley Crue). You hear the opening guitars, the pulse-pounding music, and you know that it’s time to get ready for the game. Within the energy of the song though, the band reminisces on their success as a team, something the Grizzlies fully relate to.

Song #4 - Rock and Roll, Rock Hard Maniac (NAOKI). Keeping up the theme of energy, this one doesn’t reminisce. It is simple rock and roll, something to keep the energy up during long practices and to avoid pre-game jitters.

Song #5 - The Road to Baldur’s Gate (Borislav Slavov). The perfect music to head onto the ice to, a triumphant march toward the victory. From it’s point in Baldur’s Gate 3 though, you have to remember that there’s a higher goal still.

"I'm the best there is at what I do... and what I do isn't very nice."

[Image: KMCIWeC.png]

The Detroit Falcons like to keep a pretty varied playlist to accommodate as many players' tastes in music as possible. Journey's Don't Stop Believin' is an obvious choice for the Falcons, being a hometown favourite, but it's always good to get the team hyped up before big games like the upcoming playoffs. Another staple is "Saturday Night's Alright" by Elton John on game nights that call for it, as it's got a nice beat that can get the team ready when they're playing on, as the name suggests, Saturday. Other songs are more individual player favourites, with Avicii's jams like Levels being popular with Detroit's Swedish contingent, as well as songs like Righteous Smoke by Monster Truck that got popularity from these players playing SHL video games in their youth. The final song that gets played a lot is a bit of a meme song in Bad Blood by Taylor Swift. It's a song that's just impossible to hate, and for big rivalry games like Quebec City it's a must-have.

[Image: vd5hdkM.png][Image: 8cjeXrB.png]
[Image: XigYVPM.png]
[Image: umZ0HLG.png][Image: VGl3CB4.png]

ISFL Affiliate

The songs that are played in the colroado raptors locker room :

World's Apart. Xavier Beausoleil looks a lot like Sammy ZAin the wrestler and this is the entry song of the strongest wrestler in the world and it motivates us a lot! @takk

Then we play the jurassic park theme song becasue we all love dinosaurs lmao and we love the movie about dinosaurs turns out its a real banger too! No time for napping @Jayba1t

Another song that is played is one of nathangus mcexplosion favorite, murmaider. This is a metal song about mermaids and murder and it is very brutal and very violent and it sets the tone for a legion of boom hockey game! @ThisSeemsFishy doesnt like it much but they like the boom side of it.

Another song that is played is the starcraft protoss theme for shadow fenix. A very mysterious character that one and playing that theme song seems to light up a fire of pylons under them. We always win.

The last song is whatever anyone has istuck in their heads at the moment and we don't make a big deal out of it but it is often lady gaga songs and we are not ashamed about it.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

The Knights have carefully curated our pregame song lineup. First we all got together and picked songs to add to a pool. Then we through out all the kpop that @Bfine was trying to push. We came to the following list of songs. Now there was some debate over if this song should be first but we settled man or muppet. It really sets the tone for if we are going to play hockey or just skate on the ice like a muppet. To move us to a harder place song two is gangsta’s paradise. Now that we are vibing we hit it with lightning in a bottle from summerset. Once we are in that mindset we get extra hype with burn it down by linkin park. Lastly as we walk out we need a song that builds that rage. The only song that really gives us that is walking in the snow by run the jewels. The only problem is sometimes the playlist gets us too hype and we forget we are actually playing hockey. This also totally wasn’t my recommended song list on youtube.

[Image: qm0v49d.png]

The Nevada Battleborn are rocking an entirely vampire themed pre-game playlist. This is the best way to really get into the mood to start sucking on some enemy players and win some hockey games. We start off with Yes to Err Is Human, So Don't be One by Will Wood. To be a great hockey player is to be more than human, you cannot make a mistake out there. Up next is Sexy Vampire by Disko Warp, to make us all feel like the true hot studs that we are. Can't win without confidence. We follow that up with Vampire Reference in a Minor Key, which is also by Will Wood. With the line "If you need me, I'll be in my coffin. You can come a-knockin, and I'll raise hell for you" it sets the tone that if you wake us up we'll be ready to raise hell on the ice. 4th on the list is Rivers is a Vampire by Bear Ghost, which is about infiltrating a party and them vamping on everybody in there. If we can't win the hockey game we're just breaking into their locker room and taking them out there. To round it out we got Midnight, by Caravan Palace. That song is just a banger I feel like it would get the team hyped up

I have a problem coming up with my team's playlist because apparently we have got so many European players, and my guy is a bird from Tarkir, a plane of dragons and vaguely problematic Asian imagery.

I think if I could add some songs to the playlist, they'd be different bird calls. Think the coolest cards in Wingspan but ranked in power level.

I think for my team, they'd probably go for the Eurovision songs this year. I don't actually really know what Eurovision is but I think it's different European countries making songs and then submitting them as a country.

This feels like it would be in vibe with my locker room read.

I'll go in order from Wikipedia

Queen of Kings
Dance (our own party)
Samo mi se sparva
Aija
Ai coraca

I'm not sure what it says about either me that I don't know what Eurovision is or that I feel like our LR is into it.

[Image: em7phjr.jpg]

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

Lyle Odelein IV did not know too much about the Anchorage Armada before signing with them as a free agent a few weeks back. He thought he would create a playlist to bring to his new team with an Armada theme. The first five songs on the playlist are as follows:

1. I'm On A Boat - By: The Londely Island f/ T-Pain - This was the first song that came to mind when Lyle thought about boats. He has been heard humming this tune to himself when he steps out onto the ice.

2. Come Sail Away - By: Styx - A classic rock song that will get any player or fan going during a game.

3. Southern Cross - By Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - I don't think you can see the Southern Cross from Alaska, but this song is pretty great anyway.

4. In the Navy - By The Village People - No explanation needed here.

5. The Wreck of Edmund Fitzgerald - By Gordon Lightfoot - This classic tune may not be one you'd associate with sports, but this Canadian classic is one of the most iconic boat tunes around.

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

In order to prep for a game, Scar Bealey will be found with his airpods in, jamming to his favorite pump up tunes. He uses it before games, and before workouts. The first song up is “You Can’t Hurry Love” by Phil Collins. The fantastic beats and upbeat tempo really make this banger help get the blood (and the dance moves) flowing. After that, “Real American” by Rick Derringer pops on. Better known as the theme song for Hulk Hogan, this jam gets Scar in the mood to take out his anger on the other team. After that, we have the following three songs: “Cruel Summer” by Taylor Swift (banger), “Hells Bells” by AC/DC, and “Bye Bye Bye” by N’sync. All three of these songs get Scar jamming and focused in on playing at a high paced tempo on the ice, or for lifting heavy weights. They’re not exactly the normal pump up songs people are used to hearing, but they work for Scar, and that’s all that matters. (170)

[Image: JKortesi81.gif]
SpectersScarecrowsDragonsBlizzardUsaSpectersMilitiaDragonsBlizzardScarecrows

Update Page
Player Page
(This post was last modified: 03-04-2024, 03:12 AM by Ultimatedestroye.)

We're in Vegas baby, and the range of music varies from person to person, loudspeaker to loudspeaker. You can hear the old days with Elvis' smooth voice and rocking lines in some of the manager's offices, and can hear some old rock and roll from our GMs and Coaches. From the locker room itself, it can be a cacophony of noises, from old tunes such as Bach or Beethoven, to modern-day rap, to early 2010 country. Cade de Vries immerses himself in the myriad of Amsterdam Electronic songs from his local scene, with Yellow Claw and Showtek making regular appearances on his speaker. However, having foreign music on can make the team confused, but not as much as U. Horror does, as we're pretty sure their music is just the tortured screams of the souls they have claimed over the years, and always makes the players a little unnerved when one of your teammates is warming up to the people they have damned.