Create Account

[3/3] [2x Team Spotlight]! Raptors of Colorado
(This post was last modified: 03-02-2024, 09:36 PM by Mysterious_Fish.)

Raptors  Raptors of Colorado Raptors
Baby Fish

Alright so as of starting writing this we still have 2 sims left in the season but I am finishing this after the season. Most questions were answered before the season ended.
Colorado is a great team with great fans and great management. We all know that they are going for the cup once again after losing in 7 to Detroit last season. Colorado being one of the best teams in the league with basically the same top 6 as last season but better and better depth all around you expect a good season from everyone. The Raptors completely showed up at home not even losing 10 games at home but when they were on the road it was rough going .500 on the road. With players doing well at times and other times being cold the depth is crazy. When the 2nd line was not doing well, the 1st line came in to cover that cold streak. A lot of players are hitting career highs this season. It is only a matter of time until we see what will happen in the playoffs. With 6 players having a point per game or higher and a defender who was 1 shy along with Fenix being the first ever Raptor to get 100 points in a season the fans are sure enjoying this. This season you can not say only one person got this team into the playoffs or just one line it was the entire team that stepped up and worked as a team. 
With all that being said I shall give this over to reporter Eric Fish.
Thanks Joe! I'm here at the Colorado Raptors practice facility and I am going to ask a few players and maybe even a GM some questions.
Code:
Brooklyn Physt:
Joe: “Physt is almost at a point per game and is leading Colorado D in points aswell as leading all D in points. What do you think has helped you get that success?”

Physt: “Not sure if it’s just having another year at this pace or the fresh change of place. Three seasons in Kelowna felt like not being able to skate through mud.
Out here our style is just so much faster and the passing crisper.”

Joe: “What would you say you need to worry about as a defender on a top team and if you make a mistake do you think you would get a lot of hate if ends poorly?”

Physt: “Every D man knows that if they get walked or turnstiled they are gonna end up on the wrong end of the highlight reel. Even on a top team like Colorado. You’ve proved you can play well, so you’re under that microscope.”
Code:
Leonard Wood:
Joe: “What has been your thoughts playing for the Raptors during your J carrer?”

Wood: “I couldn't be happier play for the Raptors. They're a great organization all around. I feel that their team and locker room culture provide an excellent development path for the big league.”

Joe: “On a Raptors 2nd line that has been hot and cold throughout the season how do you enjoy playing with your line and do you think good chemistry has helped all of the line do well?”

Wood: “This is the second season of this second line being together as an entire unit. We've had growing pains and we've also had tremendous success. We saw that last season as we went to the finals. We're seeing that again this year as all three of us are having career years.

But the fact that we have such great talent up and down the roster, it's alright if we go cold once in awhile. That's usually when the other two lines are hot. But when we're hot, I feel like that takes a lot of pressure off of Jussi, Shadow, and Xavier. They don't feel as much pressure when we're finding the back of the net consistently. And that chemistry between the two lines are great. The top two lines have been playing together for awhile now. The results will come, one way or another.”
Code:
Jussi Mutou:
Joe: “3 games left in this season and you have 45 goals do you think you can hit the 50 goal mark?”
“On the topic of points, Fenix has hit 100 points on the season do you think you can join him in that 100 point club?”

Mutou: “It’s gonna be tough for sure. I’m gonna need a couple really big games to break 50 and 100. But at the end of the day, ensuring my team finishes the season strong is going to be way more important. I’m not going to try and force something that isn’t there if it means it’s taking chances away from everyone else. It’s been a great season and I’ve already passed my career highs. I’m gonna go into the playoffs this season happy with my performance.”
Code:
Xavier Beausoleil:
Joe: “Xavier has been doing great with that 1st line from last season. Do you think you have gone better through this 2nd season with this line?”
“What do you think you have done better/worse with the same line?”

Beausoleil: “I’ve been giving everything I can for this team since I joined back in 73. I try to not think too much about the past and just focus on the next game, always! Working with cap and Shadow
Has always been a real treat and I can’t think of better linesmates than these guys! If it was up to me I’d stick with them until I retire but that’s not how the league works!”
Code:
Tannar Pitts:
Joe: “Not the best season from Pitts but do you think that you are getting unlucky or are you just not playing as well?”

Pitts: “I think its a mix of both really. Alot of the bounces I'm used to getting are not going my way this season and it has let my team down this year. Luckily we have a great goalie in Herman that has picked up some of the slack while I work through a few of the goaltending issues.”

Joe: “What do you think has been the best part about being inbetween the pipes for Colorado these past 3 seasons?”

Pitts: “I would say the support that the teammates have provided through the past three seasons has been amazing. Without a strong locker room, Colorado would not be home. I appreciate a lot of my teammates that have been exteremly supportive throughout my career here”
Code:
Joe: “Alright I am lucky enough to get to interview Co-GM Takk of the Colorado Raptors.

GM Takk:
Joe: “Colorado is 4 points behind Quebec City. Is this what you are expecting from the team?”
“What player has stepped up the most this season that has shocked you?”

Takk: “As part of the management team here in Colorado, looking at who’s in front or who’s behind us during the regular season is of little importance to me. My goal is for us to come out as champions at the end of the season. Last year we were expected to not go very far into the playoffs based on our regular season record. By the end of it, we ended our campaign in game 7 of the finals while the team you mentioned got swept.

“Don’t get me wrong, playing well during these past few months has been really important. The real test begins now however. I’m extremely proud of the team we’ve built and every single player has played to the best of their abilities. I can’t thank them enough for all the blood, sweat and tears they’ve put into this dream that we all share. I remain confident that we have the best team on the ice right now and I can’t wait to show the rest of the league.”
Word Counts:
@CptSquall 85 Words
@MuNk22 177 Words
@ThisSeemsFishy 85 Words
@TannerPitts 102 Words
@Takk806 246 Words
Me @Mysterious_Fish 294 Words

[Image: mysteriousfish.png?ex=66328b0b&is=662016...98bf81f46&]
Amazing Sig done by @OrbitingDeath

[Image: 8W5aE8t8_o.jpg]
@MuNk22 with the amazing sig

Up the Raps baybee!