Create Account

Dear Colorado
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM by ThisSeemsFishy. Edited 2 times in total.)

The day after the finals came to a close, Jussi Mutou appears in front of the media to address his team, and the fans of the Colorado Raptors. As he takes the stage, tears already stain his face. The Four Star Cup sits on the table next to him as he takes a seat. Before we get to the press conference, let’s take a look back at the career in the Simulation Major Junior Hockey League for Jussi Mutou.

Jussi Mutou was drafted 19th overall by Colorado in the Season 72 SMJHL Draft. He would be part of the last crop of players alongside Xavier Beausoleil (1st), Update Portal (7th), Liam Rodgers (22nd), Nik Smith (33rd), and Valerija Serapin (41st) picked by former GM @Jayba1t before @Takk806 took over in Season 73. Of that crop of rookies, only Beausoleil, and Serapin would play out the entire 4 years with Colorado.

In his rookie season, Jussi Mutou was placed on the top line alongside fellow rookie and 1st overall pick, Xavier Beausoleil. Both players would be voted to wear an A on their jerseys, serving as Alternate Captains to fellow rookie Update Portal. The pair of Mutou and Beausoleil were a dominant force both on and off the puck quickly earning themselves the nickname “The Legion of Boom.” Jussi would finish the season with 37 goals, 37 assists, 74 points, 245 shots, and 227 hits. He would go on to capture the Esa Anrikkanen award for Rookie of The Year and be named to the All-Rookie team at the end of the season. Despite this strong showing, Colorado would fall in 5 games to the Carolina Kraken in the SMJHL Playoffs. Jussi would score 4 and assist on 2 for 6 points in 5 games played.

Season 73 would see Jussi Mutou voted in as captain by his teammates. Update Portal and Nick Kodiak would be named as his Alternates. Jussi would continue where he left off the previous season with 35 goals and 38 assists for 73 points. He would add 261 shots on goal and 147 hits. When asked at the end of the season why his hit totals dropped so suddenly, he simply replied, “I was trying to focus more on my offence this season. I spent a lot of time in the box in my rookie year. And I think if I hit less, I can be out there for the moments that matter. Obviously that didn’t work.” Jussi would go from 59 PIMs in his rookie season to 79 PIMs in year 2. This season, the Raptors would miss the playoffs.

Season 74 Jussi was once again captain of the squad. Defenceman Oranj Konhe and winger Leonard Wood would (wood would?) be named Alternates for this season. This was a massive season for Jussi as he surpassed his career best in most stats. He scored 40 goals and picked up 49 assists for 89 points on the season. “I can owe most of those assists to Shadow Fenix. He was a really big part of the squad this season and was always good at finding the open lane to take a shot. I think he was the missing piece this line needed.” Jussi would say at the end of the season. The Raptors would finish the regular season as one of the top teams in the league and make it all the way to the finals. Despite a strong showing from the entire squad, they would fall to the Detroit Falcons in 7 games, continuing the longest championship drought in the SMJHL. Jussi Mutou would finish the playoffs with 12 goals, and 13 assists for 25 points in 24 games played.

Season 75 was the last chance for Jussi Mutou and his fellow S72 Raptors draftees, Xavier Beausoleil, and Valerija Serapin. Once again named captain, Oranj Konhe and Leonard Wood would reprise their roles as Alternates for the season. “It feels good to have some consistency in the main leadership team. Of course, having said that, there’s so many great leaders on this squad that don’t wear a letter. Everyone is doing their part.” said Mutou. The Raptors would make several trades in the off-season, bringing in Brooklyn Physt from Kelowna and Charlie Slurpe, and Herman Stahl from St. Louis. These acquisitions would prove very wise for Colorado as the team would improve on their efforts from season 74. Jussi Mutou would improve yet again on his career bests, picking up 46 goals and 48 assists for 94 points. 321 shots and 193 hits would round out his stats as the rest of the team fell into place around him. “It definitely feels like we’ve found the missing puzzle pieces. Whenever someone slips, there’s 2 guys there to cover every time. We’re primed and ready for the cup.” stated Jussi in a mid-season interview. The playoffs were an absolute barn burner as the Raptors ate up the Kraken in 6 games, downed the Owls in Quebec in 6, and then managed to tame the rage of the Berserkers in 5 games to claim the Four Star Cup. Jussi would have a very strong showing in the playoffs, 15 goals and 13 assists for 28 points in 17 games played. And just like that, the drought was over.

But so was the J career of Jussi Mutou.

Jussi Mutou Career totals

Games Played: 264
Goals: 158 (ranked 1st all time for COL, 3rd all time for SMJHL)
Assists: 172 (ranked 2nd all time for COL, 18th all time for SMJHL)
Points: 330 (ranked 1st all time for COL, 4th all time for SMJHL)
Shots: 1089 (ranked 1st all time for SMJHL)
Hits: 752 (ranked 2nd all time for COL, 12th all time for SMJHL)
PP Points: 114 (ranked 2nd all time for COL, 5th all time for SMJHL)

Awards and recognition (as of S74):
Esa Anrikkanen Award
All-Rookie Team
All-SMJHL 2nd Team
Linna Landvik Trophy x2
Four Star Cup
Captain of the Raptors x3

In a social media post put up by Jussi Mutou, he had this to say:

Dear Colorado

To the fans, from the bottom of my heart, I want to say thank you. These last four seasons have been incredible and I’m so grateful for my time here. Denver will always be home for me and it’s hard to imagine myself living anywhere else. Having said that, they won’t let me stay. It’s time for me to head up to Montreal. I can only hope you all continue to root for the success of my career as I take the next step in my journey. If I can find even a measure of the joy I’ve felt here as part of the Raptors, I can call my career a success.

To all my teammates past and present, I thank you for your unwavering trust and support. To be named to lead the team as Captain for three straight seasons brings me so much honour and was an absolute joy. It has been a privilege to play with each and every one of you, and an even bigger honour to be chosen to lead such a talented and dedicated squad. We finally did it. I’ll see you soon.

To the GMs @Jayba1t @NYR73 @Takk806
Thank you for believing in me and continuing to take a chance on me. You’ve never let me down. Thank you for helping surround me with such an excellent team. I wouldn’t have been able to do it without them.

Thank you, and goodnight.
- Jussi Mutou, Captain of the Four Star Cup Champs.

With that, we come back to the press conference with Jussi Mutou

J.M.: “I wanted to thank everyone for being here today. I’ve had a long night so I apologize if I seem tired. I wanted to come here to answer any questions before I return to be with my family and friends.”

(I’m going to answer some questions as Jussi and some as myself so I’m sorry if it gets confusing)

“Real question not bait: what made you want to join Colorado when I first talked to you?” - @Jayba1t

Fishy: “Just how friendly you seemed. I got very energetic and caring vibes from you and it made me excited at the idea of joining the Raptors. My last two players were both part of the ANC/PGF squad so I was open to the idea of going somewhere else. But you made me excited about the idea of being somewhere else. It also helped that it was likely you were going to draft @Takk806 who was a big reason I came back to the site in the first place.”

1. What advice would you give the next captain that'll take your place?
2. How would you describe COL to a player soon to be drafted waiting to know where he'll end up?
3. What are you hoping to bring from your experience with COL in your SHL career?
-@Takk806

J.M.: “1. I have a good idea of who could likely be the next captain, so I know they know what yo expect. All I can really say is good luck, treat them well, and lead like I know you can.
2. This is a locker room that really cares. It’s about so much more than hockey in Colorado. At the end of the day, we’re all there pulling together. This is a really fun place to be, and our memes are the best in the league.
3. Hopefully how to win a championship! But in all seriousness, I’m hoping to bring the same level of fun from the Colorado locker room to Montreal. I want Montreal to be as well regarded as Colorado has been in the J.”

1. What are your thoughts on micool winning the cup
2. Who did you hand the cup off to
3. What made this season special? How did you lead the raptors to the promised land after so long?
4. When are you requesting a trade to the Los Angeles Panthers?
-@Zerg

Fishy: “1. I’m so glad he got one, he’s been talking about it forever now. I’m just glad I’m included in that.”

J.M.: “2. I had to hand it off to Xavier Beausoleil. We’ve been linemates for the entirety of our time in the J and this was our last chance. He’s not just my teammate, he’s my brother. There was really no other choice of who to get it. From there, it only made sense to hand it off to Valerija Serapin and then Brooklyn Physt. With all four of us heading off to the SHL next season, this was our only opportunity to hold that trophy.

3. I think what made it so special was losing in the finals last year. I think it made us hungry for a championship after coming so close. We were able to find a whole other gear and elevate our game to a level we didn’t know we could reach. I don’t know if we could do that if we didn’t lose in the finals.

Fishy: “4. Maybe this time you guys don’t leave me exposed in the expansion draft  Wink

Other than the cup, can you name an impactful moment of your time in colorado?
What does it feel like to be at the top of the leaderboards? Actually gratifying or just another day at the office?
Favorite micool trope
-@micool132

J.M.: “1. I think it was the season 73 SMJHL draft. We picked up a massive crop of rookies that year who were all massive parts of the championship winning squad. Being able to add Oranj Konhe, Leonard Wood, Shadow Fenix, Brandon Gilleyes, Napoleon Dinklage and Tanner Pitts all in one draft has been incredible. To be able to play with these guys has been a privilege.

2. It feels amazing to have my name up there. I know that no matter what happens my name is up there forever. My time in Colorado is historic and I’m so incredibly grateful for the way it turned out. And I can’t wait to see some of my teammates getting up there as well.”

Fishy “3. Not really a specific micool trope, but more of a bit. I really enjoy the “I’m watching over you while you sleep” bit, and even though we won’t be on the same team next season, I will still watch over you while you sleep to keep you safe from ghosts,”

I just wanted to end this by saying my thank you’s to everyone in Colorado. @Jayba1t, @Takk806, @NYR73, @ShadowFenix, @micool132, @Mysterious_Fish, @Zema, @leviadan, @Canadian_Goose25, @MuNk22, @Akoustique, @CreHuf8, @christopolees, @Esso2264, @TannerPitts, @CptSquall, @Will3, @“serpe X 13” @thewhovian @Ruggsy
I love you all and am very excited to see you all in the SHL real soon.

I apologize if I’ve missed anyone, I am very impatient and have decided to post. :3

Raptors for Lyfe  Raptors

[If anyone else would like to ask questions for the presser, plz do]

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

Congrats guys! It was a hell of a fight

[Image: riU14F5.gif]

[img=0x0]https://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/sburbine.gif[/img]

I am crying my eye's out O' Captain my Captain, You were my first captain and you will always be one of the best. :raptorhands:

Nationality: Usa
Trent Wisemen - Raptors
Two-way Defenseman
[Image: image-2023-12-18-232600166.png]
Made by Wasty with love and care!

Great retrospective, pure class, expected nothing less from you and was proud to have you as captain and dino-friend. I'm sure we'll keep in touch over discord.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

For the homies

The GOAT raptor. So thrilled to have you in the locker room, you made the last 4 seasons so special. So sad to see you go but it couldn’t have ended on a better note.

[Image: NYR73.gif]
sigs from @sulovilen @_Blitz_ @Ragnar and @enigmatic

[Image: 9tINabI.png] [Image: c97iD9R.png] [Image: cEbgUph.png]

Colorado has gotta retire Jussi's number. He's simply the greatest. Gonna miss him on the team next season. Gonna miss this whole era once we all go pro.

Raptors Forever.

[Image: Leonard-Wood-1.jpg?ex=65e9fdaf&is=65d788...3d17ea60e&]
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 10:39 PM by TannerPitts. Edited 1 time in total.)

A very strong SMJHL Career from a true Raptor Legend. Best of luck in all future career endeavours. I hope that we can play together again in the future
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2024, 10:40 PM by TannerPitts. Edited 1 time in total.)

Best of luck in the SHL

Such a great piece of media. Then again, I'm not surprised!
Couldn't have hoped for a better linemate all these seasons. I hope ou paths will cross again in the SHL.

Raptors for Lyfe! Raptors

Xavier Beausoleil
Raptors
Position RW
Height : 6.5ft
Weight : 236lbs
[Image: Takk806.gif] [Image: sf4IwSc.gif]

An absolute legend man. Thanks for taking me in here and making this yet another home.

[Image: CptSquall.gif]

Raptors legend, gonna miss those 2 points, -1 plus/minus games from Mutou.

03-21-2024, 02:52 AMShadowFenix Wrote: Raptors legend, gonna miss those 2 points, -1 plus/minus games from Mutou.

The Jussi Mutou special

[Image: M7PYRAS.jpg]
[Image: eL4cCu1.jpg]
credit to MuNk22 for the sig

Raptors legend, glad I was able to share the LR with you!

Vadim Askerov Player Page
Vadim Askerov Update Thread

Glad we could win a championship together.