Create Account

S75 SMJHL PT #7 - One Season at a Time Due: Monday, March 25th @ 11:59 PM PST

I'd say this season went relatively well. Joining a deep Great Falls Grizzlies team I had to play out of position, flanking fellow rookie and fellow center James Howell on the 3rd line wing. Managed to put away 42 points, including two shorthanded goals which was nice. Got credited with 140+ hits as well. So throwing the body around, and killing penalties but still being able to contribute offensively. 

I don't recall setting any expectations for myself to be quite honest. For a while I was tracking on a point per game pace but that was hard to hold on to, still managed roughly 2/3rds of a point per game as well as 2 hits a game. So pretty good. 

I'm excited for the draft tomorrow,  but of course I know I'll spend some more time down in the Junior league. Great Falls had a massive improvement this season and we only have 1 age out we are losing (and one or two for expansion) so a lot of the same roster next season we should have a good year.

(185 words)

[Image: hudson.png]

I think I did pretty decent this season since I came in the middle of the season and still managed to get plenty of points although there is definitely room for improvement. I’ll be honest I didn’t really have any goals this season since I came in the middle of the season and I was a center playing defensemen, but now that I’ll be playing center I definitely have a few goals for this upcoming season. Well now that I’m gonna be a center I’d definitely like to score some goals and get some more points, winning an award would also be pretty cool. Yes, going to the cup finals in my first season is a pretty cool experience to have, couldn’t have done it without my awesome teammates. Playing defensemen as a center was also pretty cool ngl it’s different but I didn’t hate it was a pretty cool experience and I’ll definitely not forget it.

(157 Words)

I messed up with the timing of my player creation.  I was away for a long time and then found my way back on the site and decided right then and there that I wanted to get back into the SHL.  I should have considered where in the season everything was, but alas, I did not.  I created with the regular season in it's last third, an got really lucky that Gabe saw me floating in free agent limbo and threw my a life line and brought me in to the Armada.  I was able to get some games in which was amazing ad even got to get reacquainted with the SMJHL playoffs.  I wish I got to play a little bit longer in the playoffs, but thems the breaks.  Overall I was happy with Lyle Odelein IV's performance in small amount of time he had, but I am really looking forward to next season, with a little more TPE in hand and a full season to show what Lyle has to offer!

[Image: Ci4nm13.png]sig by @Bruins10 
Scarecrows   Specters   Canada 

I couldn't have for a better rookie season with Nathangus McExplosion. I knew rookies had it rougher with less ice time when they join a competitive team, so my personal expectations as far my points go were on the low side. I mostly wanted to put up a fair contribution and not hurt the team. The raptors were packed with veterans and they deserved the spotlight to be on them. That method of doing led the team to win a cup, meaning my rookie player has his name engraved on the 4 star cup forever which is the best thing I could ask for myself and the whole team, nothing else matters as much as this. I think I also got to bask into greatness and got to soak in experience which I will use to lead the team to success in the many seasons to come. I hope to improve constantly from here on an individual level and to keep the standards high as far a team success goes.

Character Page RD- Quarterback
[Image: micool132.gif]

Retired players:
-Toki Wartooth
-Nathan Explosion btw
-Angus McFife XVIII

[Image: lUeg4KM.png]

Well, Anna's season far exceeded even my wildest expectations. With a wild 26 goals and 39 assists, Anna Skovgaard led the league in points among rookies, despite what the broken bot would tell you. Perhaps the most impressive part of her season when it comes to scoring would be the fact that almost all of it came at even strength, and with only 16 minutes of even strength ice time per game. Another rare feat for rookies would be the fact that she had a positive giveaway/takeaway ratio, and was very high on the plus/minus with a +43. Her advanced stats all looked great too, being one of the top players on the Citadelles in many of the advanced stats. Really can't ask for much more in a rookie season stats wise, although I would love to get another rookie of the year trophy on my shelf, that would be sick.

[Image: Faelax.gif]
[Image: aroach.gif]
[Image: vhY18i8.png]    [Image: DNLeeu0.png]

All in all, I'm pretty happy with how I performed in my rookie year. 64 points in 66 games is honestly better than I could have expected, can't argue with a near point per game pace for a first season. Even as a team we overperformed a bit. Nevada was going into the season as one of the worst ranked teams, and we didn't finish very far from the bottom but still made the playoffs. We even won a round in the playoffs! I also tied for the team lead in points in those playoff which was dope too. Next season will be a fun one, we have so many young players in Nevada that are still developing and earning nicely. I'm really excited for what's to come for the Battleborn. Got drafted 8th overall to Montreal and I'm really excited to be there, Roddy and 7 are building something special and I'm happy to be a part of it. I can really say I'm proud of how the first year has been for me here

Matviy Cajabi's rookie season with the Anchorage Armada of the SMJHL was a bit of a mixed bag. He quietly put together a solid, if not unspectacular, campaign statistically. This was highlighted in perhaps was his best game of the season against the visiting St. Louis Scarecrows. Cajabi earned the 3rd star of the game, recording 1 goal and 3 assists. But as was the case during most games during the season, Cajabi skated a team-low 14:46. He'll be working on earning the trust of the coaching staff so that he may be utilised more often during his sophomore season. Never one to rest on his laurels, Cajabi plans on staying in Anchorage during the off-season, upon returning from an appearance with Team World at the WJC, and honing his skills on both sides of the puck. With the expected turnover that happens with junior teams, there should be an opportunity for more ice-time and Cajabi will do everything in his power to try and take advantage.

Off the ice, Cajabi is working on things as well. As one would expect with someone who's first language isn't English, he wasn't the most vocal player in the locker room. Having a full season under his belt, he's grown a bit more comfortable within the locker room and will try to be more of a presence and leader for his teammates this time around. That comfort level and chemistry with his team should do wonders for his confidence on and off the ice. 

The league as a whole was put on notice about Cajabi through S75, however, as evidenced by his selection as #13 during the recent SHL Entry Draft. All of the tenacity and determination shown by the youngster paid off, and there might not have been a player with a bigger smile on his face after hearing his name called by the Edmonton Blizzard. He knows the hard work doesn't stop here though. 

Expect big things from Cajabi in the upcoming season. 

[Image: bobdigi9.gif]

Jamie Fraser had many things on his mind that were more important than playing hockey. He also had to learn the game of hockey and how to skate from the ground up having only played shinty before. He failed to do much offensively, didn't take the game well on the defensive end, and was generally outclassed by his rookie peers. Taking a hiatus for personal reasons didn't help his development at all either, but things are starting to look better for the young Fraser. His eye for the game and elite physical traits landed him with the Montreal Patriotes with the first overall pick in the draft this weekend and with that will come excellent opportunities to learn alongside last draft's 1oa Demir Bellona. This development should lead to a notably more skilled Fraser this next season, something the Kraken will need as they take on a thinner field and their window opens.

[Image: sve7en.gif]

[Image: 1tWWEzv.png][Image: 8zFnf2t.png][Image: 6Lj3x8E.png][Image: xkAdpbO.png][Image: xnZrhKU.png][Image: 9YigPG2.png][Image: bpYxJ69.png]

I was not on a team in this past season as I was not picked up in the waiver claims or even in free agency, although I do believe that I get to do free agency or some shit like that in the future. I believe it is next week? But yeah, I feel like I made some really cool friends like @NaomiMannequeen this past season in the Simulation Hockey League and it was great to meet new people to talk to. Everyone is so nice and wholesome! So while I am expecting to be on a team by next season, I do not really have much to talk about besides the fact that I am at nearly 300 tpe and still trying my best to earn for my future team. Although I am super happy to have been drafted to the San Francisco Pride with the last pick by the way! lmao

[Image: lZacrUG.png]

My first season in Newfoundland was definitely a very great experience for myself and the team as a whole. I averaged around .6 points per game and for a rookie that is pretty good, and I hope to only increase that point total next season. My rookie season featured an awesome playoff run even though it did end in a very disappointing playoff final loss. Although, it was super fun to watch especially with my team and friends. I had a really good season and was able to get selected in the third round of the draft by Montreal, who had an insanely great draft, and I am super excited to be a part of this future Montreal team as I definitely think we have the skillset to make a future run. Everybody on Montreal is super friendly and everybody in my draft class have become super cool with each other and it is going to be a very exciting experience to see what the future holds for us in Montreal and in my last season or few with Newfoundland.  Berserkers Patriotes

This season turned out pretty good for Robo Sven. He ended up with 10 goals and 46 assists for 56 points total on the season, almost averaging a point per game in his rookie season. You can't really ask for too much more than that, especially considering how Vancouver's season as a whole shaped up. He also had 177 hits, showing that he wasn't scared to throw his body around at all and demand respect from the opposing team. He definitely has some things to work on next season though. For starters, 10 goals after a whole season is kind of lackluster, so we're going to be hoping to double that at least. A lot of the top end of the Whalers' lineup is getting called up, so he's gonna have to develop a finishing touch instead of just being a playmaker. He also gave the puck away twice as much as he took it, so we're gonna try to flip that around. All in all though, we have a promising sophomore season coming up.

[Image: steveoiscool.gif]

My first season was pretty memorable mainly it was finally getting into the league after only hearing good things for so long. Regina has been awesome and putting together a late run to make the playoffs was sick - shame we couldn't keep it going and run the table.

Miovski played as you would expect any rookie to play, started his career really slow. Barely registering any points and have a negative plus minus. By the end of the season we were up to double digit points, and he also got that plus minus into the positives before the end of the season which was probably the achievement I was most happy about

Next season is just about continuing to improve, got a big update to get in next week which will be about 100 TPE gained. So hoping to hit the ice red hot next season and just keep helping the Elk on the piss ice.

The offense fir the Sniper of Amsterdam just wasn't there throughout the season to be brutally honest with you. There wasn't enough goals or assists generated for the rookie point shooter, getting only 7 goals and 19 assists. An Offensive Game Rating of 57 wasn't great either. However the defense, which was supposed to be secondary, was stellar for the rookie in his year. He had a DGR of 68, with 97 blocked shots and 112 Hits on the season. Being on the first line of the defense, the rookie was shown into the spotlight and did his title well, "Defensemen". For next season, look to see a general stat increase across all Offensive and Defensive ratings, as his ORead, DRead, Getting Open all up to 14, with all other offensive stats upgraded to 13 (save for screening, still at 5), and all defensive stats upgraded to 13 (save for stickchecking at 12, faceoffs at 5)