Create Account

S76 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places Deadline: Sunday, April 7th @ 11:59pm PST

PBE PT

[Image: bgwUtVZ.png]

The team made a warm welcome to the first 3 rookies of the franchise. Volta finds a good sport in the middle of the lockeroom seats to just relax and think for the upcoming season, as one by one, his new teammates make some handshakes with Volta and welcomes him in the league. After, Volta takes a short trip to the beach to relax, with the other rookies, before the whole pre-camp starts. ''Really a nice welcome from the team. I'm really glad to be in this new franchise.'' Volta says to the media. I mean, Volta is really surprised to be drafted in a new organization. He knows that it's a new challenge to start since everyone is new to the team, even the veterans in the Juniors. But Volta makes sure to get a good chemistry with his new teammates since it's one of his principal task to start in a good track.

[Image: volta-sig1.2.jpg?ex=66285ea3&is=6615e9a3...c1aab470f&] [Image: VJEQ5Rl.png]

Walking into the Tidal locker room was one of the coolest experiences I’ve ever had in my young life. Fresh start, fresh faces, brand new everything. Clean record books, clean slate. The team was great to us rookies, happy to jump in and help with whatever we needed. It feels like a team ready to dominate and have a ton of fun doing it. There’s press hovering outside the door, Sam Volta was answering some questions on the way in. I could tell the pressure of this place was more than anywhere I’ve ever played before, but I was just so pumped up and ready to kick some butt. Walking into that locker room is that feeling that I’m ready to take on the world, and the response from the guys confirmed they’re along for the ride. Watch out for the Tidal, folks, we’re coming for you all.

Stepping into the locker room for the first time, I was surprised how cool it was. I guess that's why they call it Coolarado - I always thought it was because of the weather. I walked over to my locker and saw a package sitting there among the usual sports gear. Opening it up, I found some interesting stuff— a bottle of Cuban rum, and a note saying welcome to the team. "Not too bad." i thought to myself, grinning. I hung up some of my decorations from home in my locker—a string of garlic, a miniature skull, and a rubber chicken—I couldn't help but laugh at some of the expressions, but lucky charms are an important aspect of my game. Nonetheless, my teammates welcomed me warmly and I'm pretty stoked to get on the ice for the Raptors and show what I can do for the fans here in Colorado.

[Image: QX0ggFb.png]

Essentially the moment I walked into the locker room, @DigDoug11 was pulling out the fireball. The energy was electric in the locker room with all the new guys joining in one by one. They really have a solid veteran presence within the team and everyone felt welcomed. It was a lot of fun and very stress free which is always good. The chemistry was there and that is only going to lead to very positive things when we get out on the ice. One of the first things I said was how this draft class is going to win at least 1 cup. There is just too much talent here for us not to pull it off at least once within the next 4 seasons. It wasn't just for fun though. We did get right to business and the management showed us around the arena. We met with all the coaches and discussed our playstyles and how we want to be progressing going forward!

Falcons Canada

Jefferson was shocked to be taken in the middle of the first round, and wasn't sure what exactly to expect when first walking into the locker room, but it hardly mattered as nothing could've prepared him for what he saw. The Anchorage locker room was sheer anarchy and chaos the moment he entered, and clearly had been long before his arrival. Wild animals roamed freely, scavenging from the player's communal fridge. Nearby, a wall on the far side of the facility had collapsed into the nearby ocean which was encroaching on the team's practice facility with every passing day. To Jefferson's immediate left there was a deep pit in the ground with smoke rising from a fire -- a fire, which Jeff was told by an unimpressed team captain huddling nearby for warmth, had been burning for decades. No one knew why or really cared as it provided free heating, saving the team some money.

The team gathered around and roasted hot dogs over the abyssal fire pit to celebrate Jeff's arrival as they spoke of better days to come for the club. Rumor has it they had ordered an extra hockey stick for the team to share in anticipation of the arrival of the team's new rookies. Jefferson was excited to be home.

[Image: W4vTrno.png]

PBE Affiliate

Username: Zodiac.EXE

[Image: hiFAlFV.png]

Walking into the Whalers locker room as a waiver wire acquisition was a very different experience when compared to how Oliver Cornwall expected it to be as a drafted prospect. However, he was welcomed immediately and integrated into the already forming team dynamic.

As a relatively fresh face with experience way back in the day, he had some idea of how things functioned in the locker room and in the league, and from there Oliver’s focus has been on getting to know his teammates and the senior figures who will be helping him develop into a legit SMJHL talent.

This locker room is one where everyone has a good time and everyone is welcomed. The GM leads the charge on that front, beginning introductions by inviting Cornwall into the room and immediately diving into banter with Oliver and the established roster. This was a bit of a shock for the mild-mannered Cornwall, but as he broke his practice stick against the net and gave his best whale cry, he knew this was the start of something special.

177 words

Evil Kyle Murray is really just Kyle Murray in disguise to take out all of Carolinas Competition in an effort to finally win them a 4 star cup so the first thing he does when he walks into the locker room is he starts putting icey hot on the souls of his team mates skates in an effort to throw them off. He will also begin replacing all of the funny little containers of powdered Gatorade that trainers use to fill up the big jugs, with cretonne powder instead in an effort to throw his teammates of their game with an insane over abundance of energy. STL also has state of the art player recovery room in their training center, and so he is going to replace all the cushions for seating and relaxation with more firm and uncomfortable cushions in an effort to make his teammates backs hurt more often than not,

[Image: Screenshot_87.png]
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2024, 01:57 AM by Noah Johns.)

Tomas walked into the locker room for the first time, looking to prove himself. Having missed the draft and going through waivers was something, not knowing where he was going to land. However, a friend knew the GM and decided to take a chance on him. Suchanek had a lengthy conversation with the Battleborn GM, with whom he previously had ties as well. The draft party had already commenced by the time Suchanek arrived, as the draft had commenced a few days prior, and Suchanek was obviously taken on waivers. Suchanek checked out his locker room and let the equipment manager take care of his gear before exploring the Battleborn facilities firsthand. The next day, Suchanek was warmly welcomed at the rink and felt at home. The next few months will surely be exciting as Suchanek looks to prove himself and enjoy the vibrant atmosphere in Nevada that Suchanek will cherish for a lifetime.

It was a cold Monday night in the province of Quebec when Louis Belanger got the call from his agent, St-Louis was about to select him from the waiver wire. Belanger had a good idea this was coming, he had talks with Jimmy the GM and he seemed interested. There were rumblings that some other teams were interested and might try to trade for him, but it looked like Jimmy wasn't interested in trading him. He wanted to select him.

Belanger took a direct flight out of Montreal to get to St-Louis. Once out of the airport, he took a cab directly to the arena to meet his teammates. At the door was a kid, he was kind of funny, making jokes to everyones passing by and looked to fun to be around. Louis pulled out his hand to do a handshake and the guy responded: "Hey there! I'm Jay! I'm the co-gm of St-Louis. You'll be seeing me a lot around here! Even though I play for another team, I actually spend all my time here in St-Louis talking to alumnis. We're happy to have you, please go in". At this moment, Louis knew he would be welcomed well in this team. While walking to the locker-room, he saw Alexa. Alexa was kind of a big deal. St-Louis had traded a lot to have the chance to pick her and she had been named captain in her first year "Hi Louis, I'm Alexa. You can also call me Cake. We're happy to have you!". Cake had a pronouced Australian accent, but there was a warmth around her. You knew right away why people seemed to appreciate her so much. While talking to her, there was another guy in the background that Louis later learned was called Pyro. Pyro kept making snarky comments and making sure everyone knew he was an adult, but then he disappeared.

Once in the locker room, there wasn't many people there. Jay, Cake, Pyro and Jimmy were in a corner talking about who should be ban or fired. He saw a man called Waldo in the doorframe but he just came in for a second complaining about the captain vote, but left right as Louis was trying to introduce himself. Louis went in the corner and joined the small group.

A few days later, right before the preseason was about to start, a man who seemed quite busy came in screaming" sorry everyone! I've been so busy! My name is NRF or Jack Booth. Happy to you see you all after a few weeks of absence".

And that's how Louis met his team. He was happy to be there. It can be hard for a rookie to join a group thats been together for so long, but with time, he felt he could become someone his team could rely on and build a relationship with.

[Image: image.png?ex=6626bf9c&is=66144a9c&hm=d87...height=676]

Thank you Jay for the graphic!

Rumours must have spread by the time my teammates and I walked through the locker room the first time. Everyone greeted us with beloved hellos, but the locker room was off compared to many others. They had prepared for a marathon of a famous trilogy, the Lord of the Rings. Soon enough, I felt at home as I settled down with the rest of the team. Sure, training is important, but I was the first of the draft. With the amount of hard work I pursued before the draft, a couple days off wouldn't hurt. Here, a bond almost instantly formed where everyone relaxed together, made jokes, and thrived like a family. The amusing nature of the atmosphere is that, while the team is focused around a sport, it was more like the times I spent at home growing up with my friends. Lord of the Rings is one of the most stereo-typically nerdy franchises after all.

ISFL Affilate

[Image: 9x1vcNx.png]

I wasn't able to attend the draft, but when i found out I was going to Great Falls to be a Grizzly I was beyond thrilled. The trip to Great Falls was filled with anxiety and excitement. The anxiety of travelling across the world from my home country of Iceland to the big 'ol US of A filled my soul until I reached the arena to drop off my gear. The smell of the arena instantly made me feel like home. I could smell the quality of the ice, the buzz in the air as the arena crew readied us for our first game and the visualization of the stands being filled with cheering fans calmed my nerves. My anxiety of an unknown new home faded as i met some of my team mates and they made me feel welcome. There was even another Icelander drafted at the same time as me. The fresh new Jerseys with the great big bear were hung in the locker room and seeing my name on the back with my number 42. I cannot wait to play!

[Image: WcULpFF.png]

Getting drafted #2 overall to the Vancouver Whalers was a super satisfying experience, but the time for celebration has ended, and it's time to get to work. I arrive at the arena for my first scheduled practice, walk my way into the locker room, and what do I see? Nothing extravagant, this IS a business for everyone, after all. That's not to say my teammates are rude, however, it's far from it. They all greet me with a pat on the back and a nice firm handshake, saying that they look forward to working with me. We get changed into our gear, put on our skates and get out onto the ice, and what happens next? Well, it just so happens that I made the mistake of putting TOO much effort out there, hitting at my full strength during scrimmages and being an all-around niusance for my teammates to score on. Coach is going to work with me on my self-restraint, but otherwise, it was an eventful first practice.

Trevor "The Tijuana Tornado" Lopez