Create Account

S76 SMJHL PT #1 - New Places Deadline: Sunday, April 7th @ 11:59pm PST

The Kelowna Knights elected to draft Cyrus the Virus in the SMJHL rookie draft. Upon strolling up to the locker room, bag in hand, the Virus walked into pure jubilation that such a hockey presence had entered the locker room. Fellow draft pick Polah Bergeron was ecstatic to see another Bruins fan enter the room. Despite this, the Virus immediately put him in his place regarding the infamous Goalie Hug, stating that the hug is one of the most overblown stories of the NHL season. Remaining members also expressed welcome, but many were confused because the expected the Virus to be a goaltender. The Virus had to let everyone know that he had a last minute change of heart. "I may not be the expected netminder, but I look forward to playing elite defense, and dishing you all the puck to pad your goal stats." Everyone cheered, and the celebration concluded with the entire team belting KernKraft 400 by Zombie Nation.

As Vent walked into the locker room full of brand new faces he was filled with excitement and anxiety. Excitement to start the next chapter of his career and anxious because he had no idea who any of these people were. He did some research about the team and who was going to be on it. He knows last season was not the best for the Whalers finishing with only 16 wins. However, that did not stop Vent from going up to each and every player and personnel in the locker room and introducing himself. After the introductions Vent made his way to his stall and began to try and organize it the best way for himself. He saw the other two rookie defensemen also getting situated. He knew he could bond with Trevor Lopez and Oliver Cornwall on this journey throughout their time together. Vent also wanted to make sure to take it all in and still enjoy himself. Many people do not get this far into their dreams and Vent was going to make the most out of it.

[Image: ImShiny.gif]
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2024, 04:22 PM by Whitecap.)

Emeric Gagner wasn't sure where he'd go in the draft, but was surprised to hear his name called at 10th overall when Kelowna drafted him. Given the strength of the top of the draft class, he wasn't sure how far he'd fall, but was super grateful with where the Knights chose him. Upon entering the locker room for the first time, he was shocked to see a polar bear lacing up its skates alongside the rest of the team. Since no one else really thought it odd, he just assumed this was a weird Kelowna thing. In general he was very happy with the reception he received, as the team was very happy to have him, and likewise he was happy to be there. Coming to North America for the first time was always going to be a challenge but his team helped him ease right in. Now Gagner has been able to shift his focus to making his debut with the team tomorrow, something he is very excited for.

170 words

PanthersPanthersPanthersPanthers

KnightsKnightsKnightsKnights

I didn't think I was gonna get drafted but with the 45th pick the Great Falls Grizzlies drafted me and the first time I walked in with confidence saying I was gonna be a draft steal and everyone was telling me I have a great attitude and I told everyone that my third player is gonna be a smjhl hall of famer, but this season i plan on having at least 25G and at least 50 points and i plan for this team to go to the final four. I feel like this a big year for us and we gonna get far. The locker room is not too bad it's not toxic, it's a nice community and we have a bunch of great people to know in there. 
Watch out the Great Falls Grizzlies and Marian Hanak is finna come for that league championship this year.

[Image: img]

160 Words -

It was quite amusing when Pohler Beargeron walked into the Kelowna Knights locker room for the first time. He was quite shocked to see that there was barely anyone else in there! The General Manager came down and assured the large furry bear that he had nothing to worry about, and his new teammates would soon arrive. He was a man of his word, but, Pohler remains concerned about how this season will go in Kelowna. There’s a large void of talent, and that is both a boon, as he will have a more elevated role in Kelowna than he’d have elsewhere, but it’s also going to mean that the Knights are likely in for a very long, difficult season. When Pohler met his new teammates, they were all quite shocked that he could speak English and play ice hockey. Pohler countered with the simple fact that polar bears are uniquely qualified for feeling right at home on the ice!

Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights Aurora Knights
[Image: VZtEodi.png]
[Image: 1n0REYx.png]

RIP Dangel. See you on the other side, brother

Joining the Ottawa Highlanders locker room is everything I could have imagined, from the moment of seeing the moves taking place giving a shimmer of hope to seeing my name called when it was the Ottawa Highlanders turn to pick through to actually joining the locker room is all a very happy blur. It’s great to join some people that I have known of for a while but have never got to share a team with and work together on making this expansion team a wild success in the league. I was extremely grateful that Demir Bellona organized a game night to welcome me but then was super picky about what games were being played, and wouldn’t stop ranting about how bad jackbox games are. In the end we just watched the bear so he would shut up. I cant wait to see what kind of hijinks we get up to during the season and am extremely excited to be part of the welcoming party for our draft picks next season.

[Image: Z8yXihx.png]

Just walked into the Regina Elks Locker Room!!! Everyone is very nice and so helpful (especially to a rookie like me). We announce captains about a day or two ago and I would agree they are very well deserved.

04-07-2024, 10:50 PMSamwich Wrote: Just walked into the Regina Elks Locker Room!!! Everyone is very nice and so helpful (especially to a rookie like me). We announce captains about a day or two ago and I would agree they are very well deserved. The management is also awesome. Any questions I have they are there to answer. I am very grateful I was drafted to an amazing team like the Elks. I also love the colors that we wear. I’m very exited to start the season, and it seems the rest of the team is to. I’m also glad to have other oilers fans in the Locker Room. The sports talk chat is definitely my favourite chat room. It’s very nice to discuss real sports (NHL) with other teammates. That’s about all that’s happened so far. Being apart of this Locker Room and organization has been great!!!

When I walked into the locker room, a lot of my teammates gave me this very strange look. The look was along the lines of "wait, this stinky dude who doesn't apply deodorant regularly is our "new commish?" There was a bit of feeling of regret on my part. I was nervous to enter into the Knights locker room - I have a lot of friends who are very active in the SHL, but I never gave myself the chance to join. Once my teammates covered their noses with clothespins, they came up to me and gave me some high fives and hugs. I haven't been to British Columbia since Austin Bentley was drafted by the Vancouver Vandals and stayed there for most of his career. It was very cold and I didn't dress for the occasion. Being a Floridian, I do not have much winter wear. But overall, I had a great welcoming by my teammates and GM's. I'm grateful to be a Knight!

when i first walked into the Yukon locker room i was in awe that i finally made it to a new area other than Vancouver i walked around the arena with joy saw my jersey hung up and everything i said hi to all the staff members that i could when one stopped me to say "you know i knew a player once who had that same joyous look on his face shame he didn't stay longer here though" i was curious and asked him what the players name was and he said " he was another defenseman like yourself named Trevor warner don't really know what happened behind the scenes but he was only here for a season he ended up at Maine where he won the four star cup though and then after that i have no idea" i told him i hope to be here for as long as can and he gave me a thumbs up and told me i hope so too