Create Account

S76 mPT #1: Lessons from pre(diction)-season Due: Sunday, April 14th @ 11:59 PM PST

Code:
Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S45
Against. I don't care if Buffalo is rebuilding/retooling. There's no way they end up bottom 2 in the Eastern Conference. Their S68 class is strong enough to keep them afloat and at least into the wildcard spots. Frankly, I think 3rd seed in their division is their floor.

Platoon Elk Elk Platoon
Argonauts Argonauts
PlatoonGermanyRaptors

[Image: AH23zKq.png]
Thank you karey, OrbitingDeath Ragnar, and sköldpaddor for sigs! 
[Image: BAL_Player_Page.png] [Image: BAL_Update.png]

Code:
New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

Against. This season has been written in the start, a million miles away. Philly is the clear choice for presidents trophy and they aren't going to give a care because the season doesn't matter.

[Image: krash.gif]

[Image: kLRJavo.png][Image: ZjgHcNL.png]

[Image: s9JOf1N.png][Image: wW0VNnL.png]

Nobody cares about the SMJHL

against, obviously - I am a GM in the J and so are thirty-one other people, so clearly they all care. Then there's everybody in SMJHL head office. So that's a solid number of people right there, before you even consider the fact that it's the place every first generation player on this site lands for their first time, and it's hugely formative in putting down roots and getting people attached to the site. Whether or not you care about your player's performance in the SMJHL, you have to recognize the important role it plays in the health of the site on the whole. It's not about the points or the awards, it's about user retention - helping people find their niche, helping them figure out how the site works, helping them form those early connections that keep them coming back.

[Image: gunnarsoderberg.gif]

[Image: xJXeYmQ.png]
[Image: DG0jZcS.png]
. : [Image: zS2lCMp.png] : .

Disagree

Each season, the draft class room buzzes around the draft and stick together through the inevitability of the draft class channel becoming irrelevant. The channel itself becoming irrelevant is due to the player becoming immersed in their J locker room. That fact alone should say that SOMEONE cares about the Js.

[Image: photostudio-1710898490476.jpg]

Against. Every good player at one point has played in the SMJHL, a fam favorite league and one that every hockey fan should keep their eyes on. If no one else, SHL GMs and scouts care about it as the players are perhaps the future of their team,

[Image: t0DZX3k]

Code:
Nobody cares about the SMJHL.
HARD against. Many people are saying the SMJHL is the peak sim hockey experience. True grit and passion in the J, not like the prima donnas of the SHL that don't want to play HARD SWEATY MEATY HOCKEY like those of us in the J. They're too busy making far more fake SHL money than any of us will ever see in real money in our lives. You know, I think it's time that we all boycott the SHL and start retiring our players immediately upon being informed we're being called up. I'll be damned if I set foot on that putrid SHL ice, damn it!

Elk  Rage
[Image: cLeHjn1.png]
Sig by sulovilen!

Code:

Code:

Against. The main reason this is unlikely to happen is a relatively weak division and conference. Buffalo has enough talent to make it to the playoffs and has a history of squeezing just enough out of their roster to maximize their performance.

Citadelles  S68 - Jarrod Lakemore - C Stampede
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2024, 05:42 AM by Snussu.)

New England will win the Presidents’ Trophy

Against
The team in New England is getting older and while Luke is doing his best to replace aging players with younger guys, the team is ccurrently in a weird position where they have regressing players with not high tpe and young players who are getting better as seasons go on

Finland Update Page  Interview  Player Page  Wolfpack

[Image: Snussu.gif]

Thanks to everyone made sigs to me!!!! (Gif made by myself)

Maine is going to win the Four Star Cup

AGAINST
No way is Maine gunna win the four star cup. It’s going to be the same outcome as last season for Maine. NL is gunna dump them outta the playoffs again

[Image: cuffana.png]

Against
Quote:Buffalo will miss the playoffs for first time since S4

Because that is just rude and it is my team and also tomen is some sort of creepy German wizard and I am pretty sure he sold his soul to the actual devil in order to never miss the playoffs as long as he is the general manager.

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

Code:

Against

Well I look back on my time in the J fondly and can confidently say I would not have enjoyed my time in the SHL as a whole if not for my time as a member of the Battleborn. Proof though that I care about the J is that I have sent more messages in my J locker room than I have in my majors locker room this month. Given that as long as the Battleborn remain a part of the SMJHL I can say I care about the SMJHL.

Code:
Word Count: 90

I think there’s absolutely no way that Buffalo misses the playoffs this season. They always get the most out of their players regardless of tpe and MTL and MAN are still much worse teams

[Image: pppoopoo.gif]
[Image: 7925.png]
Thanks to @karey and @JSS for the sigs!

Former USA Fed Head, Carolina Kraken Co-GM, Tampa Bay Barracuda GM

Code:

I say false, maybe the SHL players dont care much about the J anymore after their trip there but almost everyone playing in the J cares about it plus any people working in the head offices

Code:

For: They just aren't the powerhouse that used to be, even just a couple of seasons ago. Selich has finally succumbed to father time and Lakemore can't do everything by himself.

Code:
Words: 25+

Player Page || Update Page

[Image: a5C9JXf.png]

CERTIFIED THREAD KILLER
MONTREAL IMPACT FOREVER

Code:
Either Olof Karsikko or Sir Devoir will win the John McBride Trophy

Against. The John McBride finally, rightfully went to one Justin Time in the last Awards ceremony we had for S75. While he has changed address in the off-season, his new team, the San Francisco Pride, is poised to challenge for the Presidents' Cup and the Challenge Cup this season. This means he will once more have the occasion to show he is the best goaltender in the SHL.

(69 words)

[Image: KlusteR.gif]

Chiefs Monarchs Lions Berserkers Switzerland Blizzard pride Panthers Grizzlies

[Image: EePsAwN.png]    [Image: e0LuHwa.png]    [Image: eaex9S1.png]

Special thanks to @Carpy48, @Chevy, @Turd Ferguson, @fever95 and @enigmatic for the signatures!