Create Account

S76 PT #2: Oohh, yo momma fight! Due: Sunday, April 21st @ 11:59 PM PST

PT Pass

[Image: downer.gif]

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]

ISFL Affiliate PT

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

If I could change one rule in hockey it would be adopting the jailbreak powerplay rule that has been introduced in the PWHL and I think is a great rule. Getting a short-handed goal is not an easy accomplishment to achieve and making it end the Power Play is an interesting twist on making them more important and teams working harder to get them in to end the powerplay early instead of just working the defence and resulting in pretty boring penalty kills a lot of the times. I think it would increase short handed goals and make powerplays way more interesting. A lot of other people in here touched on the goalie interference which I think is a pretty good one to look at too. It is just not a very clear rule that could improve immensely from being cleared up and not be as nebulous at it is at the moment.

153 words

[Image: gREvMiW.png]
Canada Timber  Jean-Jacques François Jacques-Jean || S74  Timber Canada
Austria Barracuda Kraken  Finn von Murphenstein || S57 - S72  Kraken Barracuda Austria 

Written Option 2:

If I could change one rule in hockey, I would certainly try to change the rule on the powerplay/penalty kill where if the team on the penalty kill scores a shorthanded goal, then the powerplay is ended. Seeing how it is playing out in the PWHL, it makes the powerplay extra exciting as the shorthanded team can apply pressure on the other team and even actively to try score goals compared to just simply dumping the puck down and killing time. Of course, this is up to the individual teams themselves on how they would like to play out their penalty kill as some teams could still play the dump the puck kind of strategy, but again this rule change just provides an additional way to play and thus making the game more interesting. This rule change would not affect the game itself too much as the penalty kill is a small part of the game, but it certainly makes it more exciting!

[Image: Dextaria.gif]

[Image: Niz2wua.png]  [Image: iB9r7kM.png]  [Image: 6by0kBi.png]
Thanks to @DELIRIVM, @Moreorless89 and @ValorX77 for the sigs!

PT Pass

[Image: olivercastillon.gif]

Thanks @enigmatic, @Carpy48, @Bayley, @Ragnar, @sulovilen, & @dasboot for the signatures!

(Love you OTT frens :3 Let's be rivals!)[Image: OpMiQh6.png]

[Image: loreoh.gif]
[Image: eP8F2Ne.png][Image: xm4idGe.png]

[Image: OgNASDg.png][Image: JvdaXOj.png]
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]

Option 2:

There are a few rules in the game of hockey that I'm sure people can't stand. Some of the common ones involve the goalie trapezoid, puck over glass, and offside reviews. I was thinking about touching on one of those, but I'll go a different direction.

The one rule that I think should change is losing your point if you pull your goalie in overtime and you lose. I think leagues should encourage teams to push for a win at every turn, especially if you can avoid going to a shootout. I think the idea behind it was centred around collusion, but I can't imagine that problem is big enough to have this rule in place. If a team is desperate for a win that they take the huge gamble to pull their goalie in overtime, how can you go and punish them for that? Do you want teams to play conservative? Aren't sports about winning? Change the rule and let teams push for wins.

(165 words)

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

(This post was last modified: 04-15-2024, 10:33 PM by leafsftw1967.)

Option 2 Written Text: Slava-Ukraini Heroyam-Slava would want to change the offside rule. The current offside rule states that an attacking player cannot precede the puck into the attacking zone past the blue line. While this rule serves to prevent cherry picking and maintain the integrity of the game, it often leads to contentious calls, and lengthy video reviews, and can disrupt the flow of play especially since the coach's challenge came into play for challenging offside calls after a goal. The aspect of the offside rule I'd address specifically is the requirement for a player to completely clear the offensive zone before re-entering to negate an offside call. Currently, if an attacking player is deemed offside, they must exit the offensive zone completely, often resulting in a stoppage of play and a faceoff in the neutral zone. This process can be time-consuming and interruptive, especially in cases where the offside infraction is marginal or inconsequential to the flow of play. I am not sure how this rule will be able to change without making it unfair offensive advantage but we need to stop the miniscule offsides from calling back goals and stopping play.

[Image: apSD6uj.gif]
[Image: leafsftw1967.gif] 

Malamutes  Stars Malamutes  Stars

Option 2

This feels like a deja-vu, I think we've had this one before... But after years and years of PTs there is bound to be some repetition, and if I cant remember the answer I gave back then, then how can I fault the PT team for not remembering that this was already way back in the day when completely different people were in charge? Alright, so the rule I would change this time around would in regards to the goaltender freezing the puck. I think the game would benefit from having fewer breaks and fewer face-offs and quite frankly, the rule that a goaltender can just bury the puck or ball to force a stoppage in play is pretty strange, when you compare it to almost any other team sport out there. I would change the rule so that the goalie has to play the puck after a few seconds, otherwise he could face a delay of game penalty. However, opposing players aren't allowed to actively pressure or block the goalie within a certain range. They can intercept any passes after a few feet and can pressure any Defenders of course, which rewards teams that have a well structured forecheck but can also create nice counter-attacking opportunities against those teams that don't.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Pt pass

[Image: 0XJkcN5.png]
Czechoslovakia PROFILE || UPDATE || RAGE. Rage 
[Image: luketd.gif]

Written Option 2:

There's a good chance someone has already posted a similar rule change for the NHL, so stop me if you've heard this one before... offside video reviews! Anyone who has watched their share of hockey, prior to the implementation of offside video review, can remember at least one specific instance where a play was so egregiously offside that you couldn't believe it wasn't caught in real-time. Anyone who has watched their share of hockey since then can also recall at least one instance when an offside video review took an absurd amount of time. My solution would be to eliminate slow-motion video replay for the purposes of reviewing offside. I do think it's good to have the opportunity to flag the clearly obvious fouls, without bogging down every game with excruciatingly long review processes. If the play isn't very clearly offside, without using slow-motion or zooming in, then it's hard to imagine it had any real effect on the outcome of the play. Video review can happen while the play continues, and the on-ice officials can be notified to stop play if an obvious offside was missed, which then prevents long delays to the game.

Argonauts Stars Battleborn Czechia

The biggest rule change I would make is that if you try and fight someone after a large hit, just for the fact that they made a large hit. You will be handed out a 10 minute misconduct and a 2 minute delay of game penalty. This would be applied game long, so trying to fight someone whos not interested at any point of the game will cost you time in the box. Now there would have to be some judgment on the part of the ref's and it wouldn't be called unless it's determined to be a direct result of the hit. Targeting said player with a big hit back is an ok thing but its getting ridicules that almost any hit nowadays is stopping play and we are seeing a fight happen as a result. I am a fan of fighting in hockey but think a hit should not be the catalyst to starting one every time.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

The rule change I would most like to see implemented across all hockey leagues, real and simulated, would be the implementation of the 3-2-1-0 scoring system for calculating the standings. Regulation win gets you 3 points, OT/SO win gets you 2 points, OT/SO loss gets you 1 point, and a regulation win gets you no points. I think that this system incentivizes teams not to sit back and play for the tie or hope the game just makes it to a shootout. It's absurd that a team with a true sub .500 record (when adding together regulation losses and extra time losses) can just rack up loser points rather than wins and make the playoffs comfortably. Looking at you, New York Islanders with your 16 extra time losses. Teams should be rewarded for playing to win the game and not just squeaking by playing for OT or shootout.

154 words

Please get rid of the trapezoid in the NHL. It’s been long overdue, Brodeur has been retired for almost a decade now and I really don’t see the point in limiting the playmaking ability of goalies. I’m sure there’s an argument for the safety of goalies not getting hit playing the puck but that happens even with the trapezoid. If it’s an “unfair advantage” then maybe other goalies should learn how to play the puck. If a team can use their goalie in a way that makes them better, why is the NHL limiting that potential? International hockey doesn’t have a trapezoid and while I don’t watch as much of it as I do the NHL, it doesn’t seem to have any game breaking impacts on the game. So why has the NHL stuck with a rule that was meant to limit the one or two elite goalie playmakers? It’s time to get rid of the NHL trapezoid and let goalies develop a new skillet.

[Image: OX6Yrrn.png]

[Image: hPSkjwC.jpg]
Thank you @xjoverax and @phoenix for the sigs!

Option 2

I would definitely change the hand pass rule. I know this rule was created for good reasons and should remain as a rule to at least some extent, but the ways it can be applied to a game are much too broad right now. The current rule doesn't take the circumstance of the "pass" into consideration. If the puck even just slightly clips a player's hand and then goes directly to an ally it's considered a hand pass and requires a stoppage of play. A missed stoppage can even be challenged after a goal in these ridiculously inconsequential situations. The rule shouldn't be used to stop play for slight deflections, it should be used to prevent players from taking control of the puck with their hand and directing it purposefully to a location anywhere other than directly down to their stick. I change this rule to put it in the same category as "distinct kicking motion" where the referees can use their discretion to determine if the contact with the hand was a deliberate game-altering pass rather than just a slight touch.

[Image: Keven.gif]
Thanks to @enigmatic, @Matteo, @sulovilen, @zeagle1, and @TheOPSquid for all the sigs!
Czechia Malamutes Rage Czechia
Canada Citadelles pride syndicate