Create Account

Swiss Stars of the Week - S76, Week 1

I'm trying something a bit different here. Whether I keep doing it or not depends on if people are genuinely interested (and how much effort it's going to require), buuuut hey it doesn't hurt to have some IIHF stuff outside of tournament season.

So...this is the first installation of Swiss Stars of the Week for Season 76! Where I totally steal what we did in Edmonton once upon a time take a look at the Swiss national pool and pick out the most impressive performances of the week. This will also include a Junior Player of the Week taking a look at our J players!

Without further ado....

Third Star: Stars Louise St. Martin
Stats: 17 GP, 5 G, 8 A, 13 P, Even, 22:30 TOI
There were a few I was debating having here (namely, forwards Ivan Lacksamus and Meta Knight, and blueliners Isaac Forty-One and Emil Egli), but in the end I went with...my own player. Great optics! But in all seriousness, LSM has been one of the Swiss fed's more well-rounded players thus far. Not included in the stats listed is that she's second in the league in takeaways (and with only 3 giveaways!), and her offensive production is heating up.
Second Star: Forge Antonio Flusso
Stats: 17 GP, 2 G, 16 A, 18 P, +2, 23:13 TOI
The national pool's TPE leader is sure playing like it. Flusso is currently the top-scoring blueliner in the league, he takes good care of the puck (only 2 giveaways to 18 takeaways), he's playing regular PK minutes (on a team with a pretty solid kill). The Forge have continued to be one of the East's best, and Flusso is a huge reason why! Heck, he even has a faceoff win this season. What can't he do?
First Star: Steelhawks Sebastien Regazzoni
Stats: 16 GP, 17 G, 15 A, 32 P, +10
He's back and better than ever. After missing out from the previous IIHF squad due to status, Regazzoni is on a revenge tour right now. He's currently third in the league in goals and tied for third in total points while helping the Steelhawks jump out to a 12-4 start. He also continues to be automatic at the faceoff dot with a staggering 62% on pretty heavy volume. Oh yeah, and he plays a ton of shorthanded minutes too. A man for all situations.
Junior Player of the Week: Berserkers Slowpoke
Stats: 15 GP, 3 G, 14 A, 17 P, +9, 23:44 TOI
Newfoundland is off to a 14-1 start, and Slowpoke is a huge part of that. Currently top-5 in J defense scoring, the water/psychic type also features pretty regularly on the penalty kill. That Zerks PK is currently operating at a staggering 90%. Perhaps it's because Slowpoke is out here using Psychic on the puck, leading to easy clears? Whatever the case, the waters of the North Atlantic suit this one just fine.

[Image: valpix.gif]
Thanks to @Ragnar, @Symmetrik, @Merica, @enigmatic, and @sulovilen for the sigs! 
Avi courtesy of @MN_Moosey
[Image: d9J5DHT.png]
Citadelles Switzerland Stars Blizzard 
[Image: VGl3CB4.png]
[Image: valpixpride.gif]

Switzerland

[Image: thiefofcheese.gif]

[Image: Yztckjo.png] 

Sig credit: Ragnar, Carpy48, High Stick King

Switzerland

Tibuk Soonika - G - Tampa Bay Barracuda| Portal Page
BarracudaSwitzerlandKnights

Not swiss but this is a cool idea!

[Image: AwDqhTW.png]

Nice idea Smile Lets hope for some good performances from Montagne to be included hehe

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland Switzerland

[Image: DqlVneu.png][Image: FVlMRDN.png][Image: q30YniK.png]

Credit to enigmatic, Merica, and tweedledunn for sigs