Create Account

Interesting goalie stats from Season 53
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2024, 08:53 AM by WildfireMicro. Edited 1 time in total.)

Hey guys and gals and everything in between WildfireMicro here with what will hopefully be a new media series for me: Best Goalies from each season! Basically I will be going through the index, as far back as I can go, and I will be looking at the goalie leaders for each positive stat and telling you who they are. I will not be going all the way back to season 1 because I'm pretty sure the index does not go back that far unfortunately (it only goes back to season 53, and I really don't feel like digging up the old indexes right now). So without any further ado, let's begin:

In season 53, the goalie who had the most wins played for the Hamilton Steelhawks and was named Geezus Kryyst with 35, three more than Knox Booth who had 32. They do not seem to lead the league in any other category, so maybe they benefitted from a really good Hamilton team, and goalies benefitting from a good team will probably become a theme here in this series. Now when I say they benefitted from a good team, I am not saying that they wouldn't be good on another team, I'm just saying that usually a goalie on a better team gets more wins. Harry Carpet lead the league in saves with 1832, but he eas also tied for the most losses with 34 so he was probably getting shots thrown at him all the time our there, which is also evidenced by the fact that he gave up the most goals with 189, while the next player down had 154 and also happened to be the other player tied with the most losses in Benjamin Blue.

Mike Hroch for the New England Wolfpack had the best goals against average with an impressive 0.70. Keep in mind that in the NHL right now, the player with the best GAA is Anthony Stolarz for the Florida Panthers with 2.03. I know that comparing a player in a sim league to real life is not that good of a comparison, but I just wanted to give you an idea of what the real life equivalent is. Mike also had the best save percentage as you could imagine with 0.958%. Interestingly enough, his teammate Johannes Leitner lead the league in shutouts with 7, while Mike only had 5. Peter Larson and Harry Carpet played the most games with 46, and old Platoon legend Luca Del Vecchio lead the league in Goals Saved Above Average with 18.95.

For fun, let's look at the finals: Hamilton played Edmonton, with the Blizzard winning game 1 3-1 at Hamilton. Hamilton would win the next two games 3-2 in Overtime and 3-0 before Edmonton tied it up with a 2-1 victory at home. Unfortunately for the Blizzard, Hamilton would not be denied as they would win the next two games 1-0 and 3-1 to win the Challenge Cup. At least I think that's what the cup is called, I haven't won it yet personally.

Well I hope you enjoyed the start of what I hope will be a great media series. I am thinking that I will rename this series "interesting goalie facts from each season" because just saying the positive stats will limit me. Thank you all for reading and I hope to see you all on 
the ice!

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Looking forward to reading more about goalies. Of course a backup goalie has better GAA/SV% than a starter, that happens a lot. Especially if they didn't play very many games. That's some info I'm missing from the article, at least if you're trying to compare different goalie performances and not simply list categories.

You theoretically can find the old STHS files out there, but it makes sense to start with FHM I think. S53 for me is one I'd rather forget about and you already mentioned why in the article.

A suggestion: why not add some McBride info every season?

[Image: zS2lCMp.png] 

[Image: carpy48.gif]
sigs either by @Wasty, @Nokazoa, @sulovilen, @Capt_Blitzkrieg, @sköldpaddor, @Ragnar, @enigmatic, @Lime or myself

Stars Lions Berserkers
[Image: p1gG0LD.png][Image: DKMMlC3.png][Image: sXDU6JX.png][Image: ctsxTFg.png]
my portfolio | my sig shop | gfx discord
[Image: 3GX9nYb.png]
[Image: AfpXX8l.png]

04-17-2024, 08:58 AMCarpy48 Wrote: Looking forward to reading more about goalies. Of course a backup goalie has better GAA/SV% than a starter, that happens a lot. Especially if they didn't play very many games. That's some info I'm missing from the article, at least if you're trying to compare different goalie performances and not simply list categories.

You theoretically can find the old STHS files out there, but it makes sense to start with FHM I think. S53 for me is one I'd rather forget about and you already mentioned why in the article.

A suggestion: why not add some McBride info every season?
I'm not a hockey expert I will say, so me listing the stats is mostly the best I can do

[Image: wfm-sig.png]
[Image: Wf5B9wj.png]

Brings me back
Lets reignite the Knox Booth Kata Vilde debate that was fun

[Image: Duff101.gif]
Credit to Geck, Ragnar and Juni for sigs