Create Account

S76 PT #4: Changing Stripes Due: Sunday, May 5th @ 11:59 PM PST

Simmer PT pass

[Image: 64ab35f10e124af48d4cf95b00a9b2f6-xl.png]

Denebor Milasch is a very proud member of Team Sweden in the IIHF. He left Poland to play in the u-18 leagues in Sweden at a young age and it had become a true home away from home for him. If for some reason Denebor was forced to leave Sweden he would likely look to join one of the other Norwegian countries. Norway could be a good home, but he would also consider joining Czechia. Denebor would love to have the option to join or found Team Poland one day and truly represent his home country, but that isn't likely to happen any time soon. Denebor has generally gotten along well with any European country he has spent time in and would be happy playing for any country in IIHF. He truly just wants to play hockey on any level or stage and would be happy to just get to spend some time in the net for any team that would have him.

[Image: 1161116581909246052.gif][Image: cobb.png?ex=663d5bb2&is=663c0a32&hm=7637...ae0e53216&][Image: 1161116581909246052.gif]
Thank you @Ragnar  for the Sig!
Previously: Patrick Shepherd (S52 - S64)

Option 1:

I'm under two opinions. First and foremost, Paul Bondage wouldn't play under any flag other than Germany. He's German born and raised, plus Germany has an incredibly strong history in this league. He would be honored to play for his country under any circumstances. Even should he be benched, if he were to be selected to be on the roster, that would be an incredible day not only for him but also for his family, having a history of hockey in his lineage. Now if he was FORCED to pick another country, he may opt in for Austria. Being nextdoor neighbors to Germany, it makes the most sense geographically, but he also played for a couple youth teams near Austria when growing up. One of his idols growing up, Paul Binder, played for Austria. While Binder wasn't the big goal scoring presence of an all star, he loved the grit that Binder played with and looked up to him as a role model.

WC: 167

[Image: lPQWyve.png?ex=662bf46d&is=66197f6d&hm=a...dd3527ca4&]

Option2: A good hockey ref is one that likes pudding more than they like calling penalties. Pudding, especially my unique zen blend, helps referees find their chill and look the other way when egregious acts done with malicious intent take place mere feet from them on the ice. A good ref is one that thinks slashing should not be a penalty. Slashing builds character, it thickens skin. Grow up a little, it was just a light tap on the wrists... Some might suggest that gifting a unique blend of personalized pudding to the referees could be construed as bribery, or at least should be considered a conflict of interest, but people who would suggest that should also pick up their own, specialized blend of zen pudding, which will help them forget any grievances they may have held toward the refs. The best refs are the ones who eat the most pudding. I have statistics to back this up. Anyone who wishes to see them can email information.noreplay(at)pudding.com. I promise you will hear back promptly...

Our refs are pretty bad. It is quite simple. The job of a ref is to maximise my points. And my points are rather low, at just 21 for the soon to be concluded season.
So, I recommend to all refs to give me penalty shots! Why? Because why the heck not? I deserve more goals. So next time I touch the puck call a penalty shot.
Another thing they can do is start allowing illegal goals. I passed the puck to a teammate who was offside? Let is go, seeing as maybe I will get an assist. And if there is a video replay? Forget about it, if I get a point on an allowed goal then the goal is allowed no questions asked.
Now you might say it will be become clear they they are fixing the games for me. Well too bad. I need more goals, more assists. So do it!

Class S55
Reincarnated- Class S71

[Image: x17WALp.png][Image: uNh8ZtE.png]

With the teams the IIHF have at the moment, I would say that the only team that would make sense for Anthony Dionne to move, is France.

The goalie is born in Québec, an old settlement from France since the years 1600 so there is a part of French in his blood. 
The Québec is also the only part in Canada that speak only French, a part that is still there after all those years.

So playing for the country that were the first to discover America and is the foundation of his identidy would be a really good option if he can't play for Canada anymore.

There is a player in that team that he already know, Dirty Boots. One of the oldest player in the Texas Renages teams and a teammates of him. So at least a really familiar face! 
As a goalie, you know a lot of players since they all want to score on you, so in every team I know someone.

[Image: SyiOY8U.png]
[Image: un22.png] [Image: 5tu6.png]

A good referee in hockey possesses a blend of attributes that ensure fair play, player safety, and a smoothly run game. First and foremost, a referee must have a deep understanding of the rules, applying them consistently and decisively. They should also have excellent communication skills, being able to explain calls clearly to players, coaches, and fans. Additionally, a good referee needs to have strong situational awareness, being able to anticipate and react to the fast-paced nature of the game. To improve officiating in hockey, one possible change could be the implementation of video review for certain types of calls, such as goals, penalties, or offside plays. This would help ensure accuracy in critical moments. Another change could be to increase the number of referees on the ice, allowing for better coverage and reducing the likelihood of missed calls. Finally, ongoing training and evaluation programs for referees could help maintain high standards and consistency across all levels of play.

As someone that has refereed some hockey in the past, I know that it's a tremendously difficult sport to call. The game is so fast, the players are so mouthy, and things can get out of hand very quickly with poor officiating. To me, the marks of a good referee are consistency, self awareness, and communication. Players will adjust to a tightly refereed game or a loose physical game as long the same calls go both ways. A good referee has to aware what type of game they're officiating and adjust accordingly as well. If it's a rough and tumble rivalry game, you can let the boys and girls be aggressive within the gray areas of the rules. Conversely, if it's a finesse game where little holds and hooks are prevalent, then those potential calls should be a little more by the book. Which brings us to my final point, communication. A good referee will communicate with players and coaches to tell them if they're close to the line of getting a penalty call, or how they crossed that line so a standard is set. 

190 words

After reviewing some game tape, and some mic'd up moments, i now have a nuanced understanding on what exactly it takes to be a good referee in the shl.

First of all, the officials who try to be 'one of the boys' are the worst. they are basically doing performance art. They are acutely aware that everyone is looking at them, and they try to be a hard ass and swear at the players when theres a scrum or a conflict. Conversely, the referees who try to kick it with the star players in order to get in their good books. Both of these referee styles are awful and should be reprimanded for obvious biases.

Referees need to gauge the game, and understand that it's going to be rough. I think you need a good hockey IQ to find a balance, but you need to call them as you see them. Just be objective with no room for negotiation.

Written Option 1: If for some reason you had to leave your IIHF nation today, which other IIHF nation would you choose to play for and why? An affinity for that nation, you like some of the players on it, their colors are cool, any reason is valid. If you’d outright refuse to play the IIHF tournament under a flag other than your current one, why?

Bobby Tkachuky most likely will never leave Independent Russia since Ace recruited him to join and now Bobby helps run the team. Bobby originally was on team Canada since that the birth place of Bobby, but with a chance to play he left for Russia. So the obvious choice would be go back to team Canada or maybe go play for team USA since the Tkachuks in real life are American. The truth is Bobby Tkachuky would pick team Japan to go too. The reason for picking team Japan is because the person behind Bobby has always love Japan culture and would want to go there. So I would selfishly pick team Japan, but as I said before I'll probably never leave team Independent Russia. I have to much invested into Independent Russia to just leave and while we might suck I hope that one day we'll be a good strong team.

[Image: ThkcuFb.png]
[Image: e4CexU0.png]

Graphic Option: Draw your player accidentally bulldozing a ref or otherwise ruining his day (in or out of the game). It’s the official’s fault for being in the wrong spot, obviously.

[Image: WE6TgiO.png]

[Image: dinonuggets2.gif]
[Image: lIYTYDN.png]
Credit to Amidships & sulovilen

[Image: Dd4jksR.png]

[Image: jovera.gif]

[Image: tZH05l4.png]

It would be so hard to switch countries from the US of A, so I think I would have to stay there. I am a proud American, so that is why I would have to stay where I am. I would choose not to play for another team. Once I have put the red, white, and blue jerseys, that is it for me. That is all I need, that is what we play for. The chance to play for our country just hits differently, it almost becomes bigger than the game. It becomes something that I am so proud of and something that I worked for. I am up with the other greats in America which is such a great feeling, why would I pass that up? Seeing people in my Pride jersey is awesome, but seeing people in my USA jersey is great. Think of the movie miracle, this is what we play for. We play for everything. We are playing for USA

[Image: huNeCNb.png]
Thank you OrbitingDeath! <3

A good referee is one that can see the whole game as it’s being played. Far too many times, you get out there and the refs are blind. Just give me one with good vision, or a good eye prescription. Seriously, and sometimes, it’s the blind leading the blind out here on the ice. You sometimes get a gaggle of blind referees. And for my money, it really messes up the flow of the game. If they are missing penalties or if a linesman is missing off-sides, then I don’t know what to really expect out of these guys. I like a good ref with a sense of integrity and a good pair of eyes on them. Call the game fairly, consistently and we can have a good game. It’s always interesting to see what others consider a good referee. Some might say one that lets certain penalties off easy, but I mean if it’s on the books, it’s on the books. Ref’s gotta address what’s on the books.

Reed Kobo - Winger - #33
Player Page- Update Page
Elijah Jones - Winger - #33 Retired
Player Page - Update Page
Toivo Kosonen - Defenseman - #33 Retired
Player PageUpdate Page
[Image: 2ew9foG.png][Image: rnSNsnU.png]