Create Account

Armin Brovalchuk Press Conference

Armin Brovalchuk agreed to answer everyone's questions today, Sunday the 23rd of September. He will be answering questions all day about anything, SHL related, Personal Life and any other freaky-weird questions people like Munk or Asto might have.

First off, the SHL reporters decided to ask there own questions to Armin.

How are you feeling right now with the Jets current start to the season?

It's very disappointing, I truly thought we could be a team to beat right out of the gate, however right now we just have not been playing up to par. I feel as though there is too much going on behind the scenes for our guys to really focus on winning games at the moment, however that should be all resolved and I am confident we will turn this ship around.

Do you feel as though its time to change something?

I do actually, however nothing drastic. I don't think we need to make a shake up trade or sign a big FA. All I feel we need to change is our lines. Some players need to be given the chance to shine and really prove they can be a big part of the Winnipeg Jets.

Kovalenko has recently been announced as good as traded, how do you sit with that?

I do not sit well at all. I find the team was hurt immensely. Not only did we lose our top winger and top 2 point producer, but we also lost a great player in the lockeroom and a huge member of our team.

I also feel as though Kovalenko was being very selfish, he demanded a trade, but waived his NTC to play Texas only. He could have at the very minimum given a choice of teams to try and get the best return.

How do you feel about the return the jets got for Kovy?

I dont feel it was enough. He's a top 5 forward in the entire league and still had 2 good seasons left in him. Nicholas Mastromarino is aging and has lost almost all his value, we received a young potential forward who may not aspire to anything. The only thing I am happy about is the 1st round pick, if that pick turns into a lottery pick then that is at least a good return considering the circumstances.

Seeing as though Kovy betrayed the Jets, do you feel as though it will be weird playing for Russia with him, you guys are usually line mates.

I do not think so, I still love Kovy and I do respect that he wanted to move out of Winnipeg before his time was up. I will continue to enjoy his presence and skill for team Russia, however I probably would never want to play on his SHL team again, because he is always talking about retiring of getting traded, he creates a stressful environment and is really not a player you can build your team around despite his skill.

Will this hurt the Jets and make it tougher to turn things around in the season?

It could, it could not. If the lines are changed for the better, then we could turn this around easily. I believe myself and Jordan Hall need to be given a shot at the top line with Ron Mexico. However it could also be very tough to turn around because we all need to produce more to make up for Kovy's production.

Has a rebuild been considered?

No, we have what it takes to win now, we just need to find it and use it.

So with Kovy gone, you were named assistant captain for the home games, do you feel you should have been named the sole assistant?

I was named the assistant captain, however I gave it away to Hall because I feel he is just as prodcutive, just as hard working and just as active as I am, except he was here a season before me. He deserves it more. He then decided to give it right back to me, so we decided to split it home/away.

There is now an open spot on the top line, rumour has it that Mastromarino will fill it, is that true?

Yes, Mastro will be on the top line for now, I have mentioned the Mexico-Brovalchuk-Hall line and it seems to be getting a good reaction from the players, hopefully that can be a projected line-up in the future.

How good would you rank the Jets future in the SHL?

I rank it very good. Hall and myself have got great potential and plan to lead the team's offense with the ageless Ron Mexico. Also Alex Smirnov and Zach Cuff should be a big part of the offense aswell. The defense is incredibly young and so talented, Willie Weber will be the next Scott Stevens if he keeps up this pace, while Lance Uppercut could be the next Erik Chisling. Hjalmarsson, Mortellaro have also got great futures ahead of them.

How about your future?

I feel great in my second season and much more confident. I hope my play will get a good result from that. I feel as though my career will only continue to get better, at least I really hope it does.

Speaking of your future, what are your plans for when your contract is up?

Well the plan right now is to re-sign in Winnipeg. I do feel as though I belong here on the Jets. However a lot can happen in a season. In just a few days kovalenko was sent packing, so imagine what could change in a season and then the rest of this season. I will for sure be waitting until right before/during free agency to re-sign though, its what me and my agent Michael Abdalla believe in.

That's all the reporters had to ask the Jesster finalist. He will be answering questions all day today (sunday) and will be answering them as often as possible while watching the NFL. so tune in and ask as many questions as you wish.

Code:
1,014 Words

Come to Edmonton Wink

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Sep 23 2012, 03:27 AM
Come to Edmonton Wink

ok,If you

A. Change your GM
B. End the rebuild

Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Sep 23 2012, 02:33 AM

B. End the rebuild

Have you seen the start of the season for us? 1 regulation loss so far with a rookie goalie.

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56@Sep 23 2012, 03:48 AM

Have you seen the start of the season for us? 1 regulation loss so far with a rookie goalie.

>10 games :lol:

Come to LA B)

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Quote:Originally posted by Chris-McZehrl@Sep 23 2012, 03:51 AM
Come to LA B)

Neverrr

Quote:Originally posted by Harr1son56+Sep 23 2012, 02:27 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Harr1son56 @ Sep 23 2012, 02:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Come to Edmonton Wink[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-Chris-McZehrl@Sep 23 2012, 02:51 AM
Come to LA B)[/quote]

Tampering :ph34r:

play with me qt

Quote:Originally posted by snipealldaylong@Sep 23 2012, 02:11 PM

Tampering&nbsp; :ph34r:

come to edmonton

Quote:Originally posted by diglet@Sep 23 2012, 03:12 PM
play with me qt

ilu but nahh

cum to heaven

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Sep 23 2012, 04:50 AM

>10 games :lol:

>1/5 of the season Wink

Also I resent that "get a new GM" comment. Feels have been hurt. Tsk tsk.

Quote:Originally posted by Teztify@Sep 23 2012, 03:49 PM

>1/5 of the season&nbsp; Wink

Also I resent that "get a new GM" comment. Feels have been hurt. Tsk tsk.

I didn't say get a new CO-GM Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by Abdeezy@Sep 23 2012, 06:09 PM

I didn't say get a new CO-GM Tongue

:lol: Fair enough Tongue