Create Account

R.I.P 2012-2013 NHL Season

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 16 2012, 05:06 PM

there were just as many pukes in the nhl in Gretzkys days the rules were more lenient. i mean look at guys like McSorely, Ulf Samuelson, Cam Neely, Scott Stevens even,  they may not be Gretzkys time per se but honestly I'm having a brain fart about players back in the 80s atm
would they take runs at gretzky without having to fight with a teammate of his though?

Quote:Originally posted by OriginsZ@Sep 16 2012, 01:13 PM

basically what maxy said so you want them to have an easy way out of a contract? they have the ability to buy guys out already. They gave these guys offer they should pay for them not the player the player didnt go into the contract and say ya if i suck you can not give me my money the owners feel they deserved that money at one point in time. Not to mention these stupid long term contracts are signed by owners to circumvent the salary cap to the best of there ability so now you reward them for that by letting them walk out of a contract they signed and approved

so the Bruins should be penalized because Savard won't retire but has a career ending injury?

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by RedGibby@Sep 16 2012, 10:37 PM

would they take runs at gretzky without having to fight with a teammate of his though?
Marty McSorely's job for pretty much his entire career was to make sure Gretzky didn't get hit and if he did was to stand up for him

Same way that if someone hits Sidney Crosby it's Matt Cooke's job to get out there and fuck somebody up.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@Sep 16 2012, 10:38 PM

so the Bruins should be penalized because Savard won't retire but has a career ending injury?
That's completely different. And would have to be looked at but there's no way they should be able to walk out of their contract with no reprocussions at all. They signed the contract knowing the risks. You don't want a risk like that it's simple don't sign 5+ year deals for EVERYONE

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

On a different note I understand why the owners don't want to play this season under the current CBA..

Does anyone remember the 94-95 MLB season. The Expos were the best team in the league? Well Fehr told the owner the players would play under the current cba back then to but then the players went on strike right before the playoffs started and lost the post season and playoffs.

I am not saying that will happen I am just saying if I were the Owners I would not have a good feeling when he said that.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

This will end exactly the same way as the NBA lockout did, we will lose part of the season, but as soon as season time comes around and both parties start to lose money it will get resolved quickly, we will have a shortened season thought.

Quote:Originally posted by oiler4life@Sep 17 2012, 11:55 AM
On a different note I understand why the owners don't want to play this season under the current CBA..

Does anyone remember the 94-95 MLB season. The Expos were the best team in the league? Well Fehr told the owner the players would play under the current cba back then to but then the players went on strike right before the playoffs started and lost the post season and playoffs.

I am not saying that will happen I am just saying if I were the Owners I would not have a good feeling when he said that.
Nothing gets by you Tongue

Anyone have any idea of what they will show on TSN and CBC in place of hockey until the lockout ends? I know the KHL was working on English broadcasts, so maybe TSN will show something like that, or the AHL or SEL? I guess CBC will do their Movie Night in Canada thing again.

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 17 2012, 11:43 AM

Marty McSorely's job for pretty much his entire career was to make sure Gretzky didn't get hit and if he did was to stand up for him

Same way that if someone hits Sidney Crosby it's Matt Cooke's job to get out there and fuck somebody up.
From what I've heard though, it was more fighting. Matt Cooke doesn't fight.

Quote:Originally posted by RedGibby@Sep 17 2012, 05:05 PM

From what I've heard though, it was more fighting. Matt Cooke doesn't fight.

Hockey used to be much dirtier than it is now. The rules that they claim safety takes a lot away from the game in both a good and bad way. It needs to be more wide open defensive hockey can be boring to watch and if it was not the devils would have a much larger fan base.

Quote:Originally posted by Teztify@Sep 17 2012, 05:03 PM
Anyone have any idea of what they will show on TSN and CBC in place of hockey until the lockout ends? I know the KHL was working on English broadcasts, so maybe TSN will show something like that, or the AHL or SEL? I guess CBC will do their Movie Night in Canada thing again.

I heard NBC sports network was trying to work something out with the AHL. Also the KHL is talking to a network (would be GREAT if it was espn to stick it to the NHL even when they are back)

would be cool to see WHL/OHL/QMJHL take those spots actually

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Sep 17 2012, 05:24 PM
would be cool to see WHL/OHL/QMJHL take those spots actually

Sportsnet does that on friday nights and those teams get minor coverage in there areas. Example i live in brampton and get OHL games on tv and live

West Kendall

i live in MTL so i rarely see those games on TV apparently there's some quality hockey there so it'd be interesting to see it on the major networks if there were a season-wide lockout

PS. is there a bigger version of your avy Tongue

I'm a bit biased because I know Denis Savard, but this is all on the owners. The players just can't take more pay cuts.