Create Account

Fowler Re-signed!

We re-signed Fowler for 5 years, 20 mill so should be 4 mill a year cap hit.

Thoughts? I think it's risky for that much money. We lose Lydman, Selanne and Koivu next season more than likely. We still have to re-sign Getzlaf and Perry and fill out our roster. Granted we have oodles of cap space next season but I really hope this is a positive to re-sign Getz and Perry

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 18 2012, 11:23 AM
We re-signed Fowler for 5 years, 20 mill so should be 4 mill a year cap hit.

Thoughts? I think it's risky for that much money. We lose Lydman, Selanne and Koivu next season more than likely. We still have to re-sign Getzlaf and Perry and fill out our roster. Granted we have oodles of cap space next season but I really hope this is a positive to re-sign Getz and Perry

I think its a good signing. Could go both ways with that kind of money though. Could be great if he takes the next step and at a cheap price. If he stays the same massive overpayment.

I have a feeling perry wont be with this team come next year. Getz will though. Fowler with BB as coach should see his point totals sky rockets but last season did nothing to support that notion

Quote:Originally posted by lightningbolt444@Sep 18 2012, 11:32 AM

I think its a good signing. Could go both ways with that kind of money though. Could be great if he takes the next step and at a cheap price. If he stays the same massive overpayment.

I have a feeling perry wont be with this team come next year. Getz will though. Fowler with BB as coach should see his point totals sky rockets but last season did nothing to support that notion
Only reason I see Perry staying is because he and Getzlaf are so damn close. Even when they were on Portland together they were inseparable. I honestly hope Perry would have enough decency to tell us if he didn't intend on re-signing so we could deal him at the deadline at least. I know the guy is a royal dick but still lol

Doesn't matter, We're in a lockout. He ain't getting his money

Quote:Originally posted by Bork Laser@Sep 18 2012, 01:19 PM
Doesn't matter, We're in a lockout. He ain't getting his money
He's already signed for this year so the re-signing takes place next year. And I'll bet you dollars to donuts we'll be having a season starting at the absolute latest November 28th. You can quote me on that

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 18 2012, 01:41 PM

He's already signed for this year so the re-signing takes place next year. And I'll bet you dollars to donuts we'll be having a season starting at the absolute latest November 28th. You can quote me on that

Quoted :lol:

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 18 2012, 12:41 PM

Not with the clear difference between the Owner's proposal and the Players' Proposal. You can quote me here when I'm saying there won't be a season until probably after the New Year.

It's nothing like 2004, man. I know it.

Quote:Originally posted by Bork Laser@Sep 19 2012, 01:31 PM

Not with the clear difference between the Owner's proposal and the Players' Proposal. You can quote me here when I'm saying there won't be a season until probably after the New Year.

It's nothing like 2004, man. I know it.
the differences aren't THAT severe and now that the lockout is in full effect I expect one side or the other to start or continue (In the NHL's case) to bend until something is hammered out. I've read a few places that this weekend they plan on meeting for a "Extended" period of time

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Sep 19 2012, 01:36 PM

the differences aren't THAT severe and now that the lockout is in full effect I expect one side or the other to start or continue (In the NHL's case) to bend until something is hammered out. I've read a few places that this weekend they plan on meeting for a "Extended" period of time

Well they should have been meeting for an extended period of time in July and August.

The kicker with this for me is no the lockout it self but how few times the sides have met. The players taking three weeks to put their deal together tells me they are trying to use no hockey as a tactic and its just not right I hope the owners stick it to them the more I think about it.

They signed this money for Fowler cause they already know Getz and Perry both signing in Toronto :ph34r:

Whatever happened to the second contracts, ya know, the 2 year bridge contracts? They wonder why salaries are getting crazy. Fowler has good potential, but there's no way he's worth anything near 4 million per season.

What fucks over the NHL is how many players they have that are European and have no problem going back home to play for a season. No other league has that issue.