Create Account

Wondering re: Sim Engine

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Mar 11 2013, 10:08 AM

You mean Minority will Bitch? Also I have a good idea how to run something like this.

I don't see why a vote needs to happen, this is the best sim out of the three.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

I'd lke to hear from goalies and defensemen in particular, since the former pushed for the change the most and the latter no longer have access to GA/TA stats.

1.5 >>>>

I'm a defenseman and I love this sim

/topic

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by grimreaper@Mar 11 2013, 10:36 AM
I quite like the sim engine change, as it keeps the numbers somewhat realistic, and it's a competitive league. Also, the best players are still typically performing the best, though there is obviously some variation. I think the main problem is that many players have very similar attributes. I think with a harsher update scale and little to no max attributes amongst players in the league, 1.5 will be the best engine to use going forward.

Actually 2.1 would be better with a harsher update scale

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Mar 11 2013, 01:12 PM
2.1.= Scoring is 2 high

1.5= Scoring is 2 low

Would rather have 2 high.
Of course you would, you're a forward. It's not realistic though.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Mar 11 2013, 01:14 PM

Actually 2.1 would be better with a harsher update scale

Not it wouldn't. 1.5 is based on decision making. So if you have 99 scoring/passing your player has a harder time figuring out what to do. So really, 1.5 with a harsher scale is better so that players won't have the 99 dilemma

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Mar 11 2013, 01:12 PM
I'd lke to hear from goalies and defensemen in particular, since the former pushed for the change the most and the latter no longer have access to GA/TA stats.
Takeaways and Giveaways don't really count for much anyways, they're a broken stat. The 124 giveaways from Hall is just ridiculous.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Mar 11 2013, 11:15 AM

Of course you would, you're a forward. It's not realistic though.

It's a sim league does it have to be realistic? Higher scoring= more fun.

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Mar 11 2013, 11:12 AM
2.1.= Scoring is 2 high

1.5= Scoring is 2 low

[b]Would rather have 2 high.
[/b]

Who cares about those stupid goalies right? :ph34r:

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@Mar 11 2013, 11:17 AM

Not it wouldn't. 1.5 is based on decision making. So if you have 99 scoring/passing your player has a harder time figuring out what to do. So really, 1.5 with a harsher scale is better so that players won't have the 99 dilemma

:facepalm:

Quote:Originally posted by Aaron "AAA" Allen@Mar 11 2013, 01:17 PM

Who cares about those stupid goalies right?  :ph34r:

Get out of here, you stupid goalie.

LETS HAVE ALL DA GOALZ

The thing ist that 2.1 was too good for Forwards and Defensemen and too bad for Goalies. Now 1.5 is bad for Forwards and good for Defensemen and I'd say spot on for Goalies (although I'd like to hear their opinion). Just like Hallsy said Scoring was to high in 2.1 while in 1.5 Scoring is too low and random. That doesn't necessarily mean that we should change back, but we should certainly look at ways to improve on our current situation.

For example I thought that my guy had a pretty bad season, but then I realized that I'm still close to the Top-10 in Forward-Scoring (I think i'm 11th to 12th). Which means that a lot of Forwards must've had either bad seasons, or that Scoring is just a bit too low.

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Quote:Originally posted by +Minus@Mar 11 2013, 12:54 PM
i agree that with a new or updated Scale things could work better, i mean take a look in real hockey teams like (Boston, Philly Detroit Pittsburgh) will on times loose the the weaker teams (phoenix, Toronto ETC..) its just what happens so with the ability of not knowing what happens is actually making me want to stay in the SHL instead of knowing before the season starts who the top 4 will always be

I know you ain't chirping Toronto..... :ph34r:

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

Quote:Originally posted by hallsy@Mar 11 2013, 01:18 PM

:facepalm:

So wait, you're facepalming me after some of the stuff you've said in this thread. HA. Best part is I actually know what I'm talking about.