Create Account

Revamp the team training camp

The team training camp we are using right now is for when we regressed in around 5 seasons (I believe). Since then, it's been brought up by 4 seasons to 9 seasons which means we have 4 extra seasons of +3.

This is what it looks like before the new regression.
S1:21 [7]
S2:15 [5]
S3:15 [5]
S4:9 [3]
S5:3 [1]

and after the new regression

S3:15 [5]
S6:3 [1]
S7:3 [1]
S8:3 [1]
S9:3 [1]
To: 75 [25]

Those +3 training are boring and are really redundant. Have you ever had the time where you couldn't train anyting in team training camp because you were maxed? Yes, that happened to me in four seasons.

See the problem here is that the training is so front-loaded. If we don't have the training front-loaded, newer players will not be maxed in one season and we could have more flexibility in the TPE we hand out.

Include an improved team training camp with my previous suggestions about new update scales and new player template base and we'll fix the inflation of TPE in no time.

New suggested team training camp

S1: 15 [5]
S2: 15 [5]
S3: 9 [3]
S4: 9 [3]
S5: 9 [3]
S6: 9 [3]
S7: 3 [1]
S8: 3 [1]
S9 3 [1]
To: 75 [25]

In the current one, you get 51 TPE on your first three season. On the new suggested one, you get 39 TPE on your first three season.

Discord are for plebs

stop making tpe harder to get you monster

Quote:Originally posted by gorlab@Jul 14 2013, 01:43 AM
stop making tpe harder to get you monster

You'll still get the TPE, just not on your first season.

Discord are for plebs

Like this suggestion

[Image: m38.gif]
Update Thread - Player Page
Update Scale

Former players:
Ivo Willems (S9 SMJHL) (S10-28 SHL)  
Xander Green  (S33-35 SMJHL) (S36-47 SHL)
Vorian Atreides (S49-51 SMJHL) (S52-61 SHL)

Stud for Pres.

[Image: MaU5eKD.png]
[Image: kECK2tc.png]

I like this.

TBH, I don't have nearly as much experience as most of you, but I do think it's slightly humorous that in the current system, you can build a VERY legit player in such a short time.

On the other hand, seeing it from the view of new users, in the new system proposed here will take longer to see a return on their investment so to speak.

I think it's a problem, currently happening, that the SHL season is underway and the SMJHL isn't being publicly discussed. How discouraging for new users. This waiting around drives peope away.

Sorry, I'll get off my soap box now.

One thing wrong in your post: S3 and 4 you get 3 days and 9TPE currently. Not 15 in S3. Still, it could be very much worth it to make some kind of change.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Jul 14 2013, 09:07 AM
One thing wrong in your post: S3 and 4 you get 3 days and 9TPE currently. Not 15 in S3. Still, it could be very much worth it to make some kind of change.

I guess they changed it from the old site. Still more of a reason why a revamped team training camp is better. With them lowering one day, more percentage of the total TPE earned in all team training camp goes to the first season.

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by Lucifer@Jul 14 2013, 03:08 PM

I guess they changed it from the old site. Still more of a reason why a revamped team training camp is better. With them lowering one day, more percentage of the total TPE earned in all team training camp goes to the first season.
Yes but, to play devil's advocate here (not disagreeing with you, just making a point) your new system does add more TPE to a player over time through TTC than is currently achieved. You take 6 points from the first season of it, then add those 6 points in the 5th year and add another 6 points in the 6th year. Would this really be worthwhile to continue adding more TPE to players when you're saying that after so many seasons you're left with nothing to train as you've maxed anyway and the hope is to withhold people from maxing out so quickly?

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

That's pretty much nitpicking it. What matters is the idea of revamping the team training camp, not the suggestion of the new numbers for the new training camp. The new numbers is there to prove the theory that the new training camp is not front-loaded or so we can make it that it's not front-loaded

S3:9 [3]
S6:3 [1]
S7:3 [1]
S8:3 [1]
S9:3 [1]
To: 69 [23]

to

S1: 15 [5]