Create Account

PBP's

Did my finals pbp 2 weeks ago and havent heard anything on it. Only 1 of 8 play by plays from the playoffs have actually been graded. And the one that was graded did a really good job but was told by the grader they wouldn't get paid for not including really dumb things that had nothing to do the the pbp itself.

Why not just go back to a straight payout system? Yeah a few people abused it, but at least more pbp's got done and coolstar or whoever the director was did payments directly and thngs went way more smoothly.

Ilike

Yeah personally I found the old system better. We'll discuss it and possibly make a change if we feel it's necessary.

What would you guys think of a system where we have 5-7 people who work like a trade committee would in a GM League. These 5-7 members would go into each PbP, read it and make sure it's not a pile of crap. if it's good, they simply write "pass/goo" or whatever. Once a PbP has two goods, it can be paid. It's very quick which should prevent delays and it doesn't require a lot of non-essential stuff, just makes sure yours is a legitimate PbP.

That's just a thought I had, wanted to know your thoughts.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

bump cause king penis told me to

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

bump

edit: eff u kylslut beat me to it

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Jul 2 2013, 09:11 PM
bump

edit: eff u kylslut beat me to it

i beat u in everything prima :lol:

[Image: Kylrad2.gif]
[Image: Kylrad.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Kylrad@Jul 3 2013, 12:13 AM

i beat u in everything prima  :lol:

dis true

My love for PbP's went to shit after not getting paid for a PbP I did for a game that didn't get done because I didn't do it in the old format... At 12 am PST.. They would have rather posted the box score lol

Edit stupid phone: Yes it should go back to base pay.

[Image: mTgAyCs.png]

Just graded all finals PBP's. If there are more ungraded PBP's then I'll do it later.

EDIT: All PBP's graded now, I hope i didn't miss anything. Smile

Quote:Originally posted by JNH@Jul 2 2013, 11:46 PM
Yeah personally I found the old system better.  We'll discuss it and possibly make a change if we feel it's necessary. 

What would you guys think of a system where we have 5-7 people who work like a trade committee would in a GM League.  These 5-7 members would go into each PbP, read it and make sure it's not a pile of crap.  if it's good, they simply write "pass/goo" or whatever.  Once a PbP has two goods, it can be paid.  It's very quick which should prevent delays and it doesn't require a lot of non-essential stuff, just makes sure yours is a legitimate PbP.

That's just a thought I had, wanted to know your thoughts.

I think something like this could work. This way guys like Prikulis who put work in dontlose their jobs and things move a lot more efficiently.

I'd say that we should give people as much freedom as possible with their PBPs, and then have maybe 2-3 different pay-outs (100k, 250k, 500k? or the corresponding number of TPE) which are solely based on the effort that went in, not formal categories Smile

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

I could have sworn I posted ur TPE in the Pbp claim thread

[Image: 53381_s.gif]

[Image: 49370_s.gif]

[Image: uKp7Piy.png]

Code:
1. Team Canada , Benjamin Wong 1 (Jay McDonald) at 8:49
first ever Canadian Olympic goal

Quote:Originally posted by Dooley@Jul 3 2013, 06:59 AM

I think something like this could work. This way guys like Prikulis who put work in dontlose their jobs and things move a lot more efficiently.

We'll be doing job reviews too now hopefully.

But yeah I think that as long as it has feel of a pbp to it and there's effort given, we reward the TPE.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers

The thing I dont like about PBPs is that once, it took me 1-2 hours to do, and I got 400K, and recently, I just wrote an article in 15 minutes, and got 550K... so yeah.