Create Account

Nationality Randomization

So that more players can participate in the Olympics and IIHF tournaments... I am recommending that when a new player signs up, their nationality is determined randomly. They would be distributed based off of some preset percentages so that their would be more canadians, russians, and americans and less slovenians and germans. Special cases would be made for players from countries without a lot of players such as the latvians.

no

nah

Why would we want more USA and Canada and less Germany and Slovenia (do we even have one of them?) when those smaller countries need the players and USA and CAN have too many?

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

maybe have an option to randomize for players like me who don't care which national team they play for?

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Aug 2 2013, 06:22 PM
Why would we want more USA and Canada and less Germany and Slovenia (do we even have one of them?) when those smaller countries need the players and USA and CAN have too many?
maybe off the get go have more of smaller countries so that numbers even out but the better hockey countries should have a deeper pool of players to choose from

Quote:Originally posted by mole@Aug 2 2013, 03:37 PM

maybe off the get go have more of smaller countries so that numbers even out but the better hockey countries should have a deeper pool of players to choose from
I dunno I know there's a number of people that don't care about it but I'd be pretty pissed if I had a player idea and storyline with a specific country and then it's randomized for no reason. I don't really think there's a problem with nationalities in this league besides the stupidity of the dual citizenship that was brought in for Olympics.

I wish there were more rules on names and nationalities though.

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Wasty@Aug 2 2013, 06:51 PM

I dunno I know there's a number of people that don't care about it but I'd be pretty pissed if I had a player idea and storyline with a specific country and then it's randomized for no reason. I don't really think there's a problem with nationalities in this league besides the stupidity of the dual citizenship that was brought in for Olympics.

I wish there were more rules on names and nationalities though.
i guess it would be better for their to be a choice, but I think it would be cool to have 16 countries with teams.... also randomizing the countries would help members meet ones they might not have other wise

I guess if they don't care what nationality their player is, I don't have a problem with randomization.

The website I find, is unrealistic in terms of Nationally enough. More Itilans then Czechs AND Slovakians COMBINED?

Only in a online game...

Quote:Originally posted by meow@Aug 7 2013, 08:26 PM
The website I find, is unrealistic in terms of Nationally enough. More Itilans then Czechs AND Slovakians COMBINED?

Only in a online game...

we're not going for realism....we want everyone to get a chance to participate in the tournaments

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@Aug 7 2013, 08:30 PM

we're not going for realism....we want everyone to get a chance to participate in the tournaments

Haha I know that, I wanted to make a guy from Greenland! I understand that, of course, just so insane which teams are hard to get into, and the ones that are.