Create Account

Flames 2013-2014

Quote:Originally posted by KingTutslovechild@Oct 9 2013, 06:47 PM
I'm loving Monahan I had my doubts I still think he plateaus as a 2nd line centet but kids been great for us

I have no idea why calgary wins with their roster. and we lose and play like shit with ours :(

[Image: hallsy.png]

Monahan is amazing, watched him play in Ottawa for years, knew he had talent.

You hit the jackpot with him, Calgary.

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsy@Oct 11 2013, 10:46 PM

I have no idea why calgary wins with their roster. and we lose and play like shit with ours :(

Were playing to prove people wrong. Your playing to.prove how skilled you are. I think it just comes down to our work ethic. Its much like Ottawa last year all the kids palying to prove they belong vs living on pure skill. Monahan was our pick not because he was set to be our franchise piece but beacuse he strives to be the best and works hard.

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by KingTutslovechild@Oct 11 2013, 08:52 PM

Were playing to prove people wrong. Your playing to.prove how skilled you are. I think it just comes down to our work ethic. Its much like Ottawa last year all the kids palying to prove they belong vs living on pure skill. Monahan was our pick not because he was set to be our franchise piece but beacuse he strives to be the best and works hard.

I don't think work ethnic is a problem anymore its the pressure that the media, etc puts on these young star "skilled" forwards every time the team gets mentioned. Right now there is no team that matches the amount of pressure has rigth now just to reach the post-season. This is a team that has struggled to win for a very long time ( minus the post-lockout year) the last 15-20 years have been shit. Fans and the media are getting sick of the losing success. I think edmonton is the oakland raiders of the NHL right now.

Yes, its early in the season but we are 1-3 right now we need 93-94 more points in 78 games and we only play 9 home games in our first 30. We should of been 3-1 if he had any hope to make the post-season.

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsy@Oct 11 2013, 11:00 PM

I don't think work ethnic is a problem anymore its the pressure that the media, etc puts on these young star "skilled" forwards every time the team gets mentioned.  Right now there is no team that matches the amount of pressure has rigth now just to reach the post-season. This is a team that has struggled to win for a very long time ( minus the post-lockout year) the last 15-20 years have been shit. Fans and the media are getting sick of the losing success. I think edmonton is the oakland raiders of the NHL right now.

Yes, its early in the season but we are 1-3 right now we need 93-94 more points in 78 games and we only play 9 home games in our first 30. We should of been 3-1 if he had any hope to make the post-season.

I think part of your issue is a losing culture aswell. Though a lot of its gone its still.very much there. In that LR

West Kendall

Monahan <3

West Kendall

No goalie with under 3gaa or over 900sv% no problem well just score more. Where was this last 4 years lol

West Kendall

Liking Berra so far looks solid better than what we have but its one game so could change

West Kendall

Wow.. Glencross with a beauty shot.

Flames up 2-1 :(

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates

Quote:Originally posted by HawksFan19@Nov 3 2013, 09:35 PM
Wow.. Glencross with a beauty shot.

Flames up 2-1 :(

Glencross always been an underrated scorer hes nothing more than a second line scorer but hes consistent and always plays with heart.

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by KingTutslovechild@Nov 3 2013, 07:38 PM

Glencross always been an underrated scorer hes nothing more than a second line scorer but hes consistent and always plays with heart.

Glencross has been awful this season. Hasn't been consistent or played with heart, even tonight he had some really bad giveaways which luckily didn't result in a goal against.

Quote:Originally posted by funny_munk@Nov 4 2013, 01:56 AM

Glencross has been awful this season. Hasn't been consistent or played with heart, even tonight he had some really bad giveaways which luckily didn't result in a goal against.

I think he's playing injured this year tbh. I do agree he hasn't been great this year but still on pace for 20goal year. Also how about Berra 42sv performance in his first game few big saves.

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by KingTutslovechild@Nov 4 2013, 12:10 AM

I think he's playing injured this year tbh. I do agree he hasn't been great this year but still on pace for 20goal year. Also how about Berra 42sv performance in his first game few big saves.

Maybe, he's also playing the most against the top lines every game so that might have something to do with it.

Yeah that was nice, hopefully he can keep it up and push Ramo to be better as well. I prefer Ramo to be honest but Berra did a good job of keeping the team calm when Chicago was pressing which is something neither Ramo or McD ever did.

I thought last nights game was so good. Both teams played fantastically well. Glad it ended in the flames' favor. But they got lucky honestly with that defection Tongue Good game for both teams. Berra played magnificent.

[Image: 336.jpg]

Hey how's Joey Colborne playing for the Flames?