Create Account

Projecting Canada's 2014 Olympic Roster

It's definatley hard to project the team right now. Some players are having bad years whereas others are breaking out. I wouldn't be surprised to see Schenn, Subban and Doughty being on the team but this year I wouldn't have any of them.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

[Image: HFFO.gif]

The thought of Crosby not playing is too devastating just as a hockey fan, so I think he'll be good to go by next year.

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Quote:Originally posted by TACOLORDOFEVIL@Jan 24 2012, 04:53 PM
The thought of Crosby not playing is too devastating just as a hockey fan, so I think he'll be good to go by next year.

It's similar to the impact Lindros had on hockey imo.

“The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. ... There are neither beginnings nor endings to the Wheel of Time. But it was a beginning.”

IMO Fleury or Price should be the starter. Luongo has been so overrated for so long it's not even funny, he's really not that good. Fleury on the other hand, imo is one of the best in the league.

[Image: eyM9Y3U.png]

[Image: 2gotrRl.png]

Fleury and Hockey Canada have bad memories :lol:

I completely forgot about joe Thornton

USA Roster:

Parise - Kesler - Kane
Ryan - Statsny - Kessel
Couturier - Pavelski - vanRiemsdyk
Backes - Stepan - Brown
Extra: Callahan

Yandle - Suter
Erik Johnson - Jack Johnson
Byfuglien - Carlson
Extra: Martin

Howard
Quick
Extra: Miller

Only left off Thomas because he's getting old, and i'm not sure if he'll still be at the same level in 2014.

Obviously not as good as Canada, but still good.

Finland is gonna have a sick goaltending team, Rinne and Rask

Quote:Originally posted by Parise9@Jan 24 2012, 05:18 PM
USA Roster:

Parise - Kesler - Kane
Ryan - Statsny - Kessel
Backes - Stepan - Brown

Yandle - Suter
Byfuglien - Carlson

Howard
Quick

Only left off Thomas because he's getting old, and i'm not sure if he'll still be at the same level in 2014.

I really like those bottom two lines. Big fan of them. The defense and goaltending is where your weaker than us.

The starting spot will be Luongo's to lose, I don't see how anyone can doubt that. Just as Brodeur got the starting job because of his past experience, Lu will get it. If he fucks up then Fleury/Price will get a shot.

[Image: S3zuZxo.png]
[Image: 10cjae8.png]

Quote:Originally posted by habsfanfromontario@Jan 24 2012, 04:21 PM

I really like those bottom two lines. Big fan of them.  The defense and goaltending is where your weaker than us.
If Howard can keep playing like he is now for Detroit he's gonna emerge as one of the league's best, so I think goaltending we'll be fine, I agree defense is a weak point though. Yandle, Suter, and Byfuglien are all great though.

Quote:Originally posted by Parise9@Jan 24 2012, 04:18 PM
USA Roster:

Parise - Kesler - Kane
Ryan - Statsny - Kessel
Backes - Stepan - Brown

Yandle - Suter
Byfuglien - Carlson

Howard
Quick

Pretty sure Couturier isn't going to represent the States after he's already represented Canada internationally. He's American born but Canadian raised.

[Image: ArmiaJr.png]

Quote:Originally posted by wadeyb@Jan 24 2012, 04:36 PM

Pretty sure Couturier isn't going to represent the States after he's already represented Canada internationally. He's American born but Canadian raised.
I really don't think he's gonna crack Canada's roster so maybe USA will shoot him an invite.

Skinner - Crosby - Perry
Nash - Toews - M. Richards
RNH - Stamkos - Giroux
T. Hall - Tavares - Seguin
Getzlaf

Doughty - Weber
Keith - Letang
Pietrangelo - T. Myers
Subban

Fleury
Price
Ward

thats mine

[Image: w2d9MYW.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Parise9@Jan 24 2012, 04:18 PM
USA Roster:

Parise - Kesler - Kane
Ryan - Statsny - Kessel
Backes - Stepan - Brown

Yandle - Suter
Byfuglien - Carlson

Howard
Quick

you think Couturier would play for the US?