Create Account

RIP Ofer

Quote:Originally posted by meow@Nov 8 2013, 08:58 PM
Calgary STILL thinks they're a contending team..
Shut up :ph34r:

[Image: 336.jpg]

Smids still young enough that he can be a vet leader and be part of.our rebuild brosiout is good but we have Gilles. Berras looked good (but been hung out to dry). Horaks nothing more than a depth forward(he.couldn't even beat bloody colburne out for an NHL spot). And Roy was a good goalie in juniors could recover in a new system goalies are an odd creature.

Personally its a good deal for both teams all in all. This isn't a deal that CGY thinks its a contender btw its just adding to.a weakness we lost Gio people.act like we.traded Youth for an old fart he's still young enough to fit in with our long and short term plans and cuts some minutes from Butler whose looked outta place as a top 4 defender

West Kendall

I have warmed up to the trade a bit more, Smid has not been himself the past two seasons, however he is still one of my favourite Oilers of all-time, he is the ultimate heart and soul player and seeing him in that awful flaming C is going to be a really weird, really going to miss him but the fact is he was behind Belov, Petry, JSchultz and Ference. I am sure we tried to move Nick Schultz over him but I am pretty certain nobody would of wanted him. I have gotten to watch Brossoit a TON over the past few years with the Oil Kings and he is definitely a better goalie prospect then Roy was for us, he does tend to suffer from some mental lapses from time to time but he is the best goalie prospect we've had in seasons.

MacT definitely isn't done, the matter what he's telling the media, we could of afforded both Bryz at 1.75 and Smid at his salary so I would bet that there is something coming.

[Image: 57879_s.gif]
[Image: 37742_s.gif]
[Image: jov7Yk9.png]

"“HA HA! THIS GAME WILL NEVER END! I POSSESS THE SOUL OF EVERY GOALIE ON TEAM B!! CREW 4 LIFE!! SIGN WITH EDMONTON FOR THE CUP!!!” cackled Belial as he placed a Fedora on his head."
SMJHL Commisioner S17-S26
Calgary Dragons GM S14-S23

Quote:Originally posted by HabsFanFromOntario@Nov 8 2013, 04:58 PM
Isn't Brossoit CGY's top goaltending prospect...?

No he was 5th on the list.

Quote:Originally posted by O4L@Nov 9 2013, 03:51 PM
I have warmed up to the trade a bit more, Smid has not been himself the past two seasons, however he is still one of my favourite Oilers of all-time, he is the ultimate heart and soul player and seeing him in that awful flaming C is going to be a really weird, really going to miss him but the fact is he was behind Belov, Petry, JSchultz and Ference. I am sure we tried to move Nick Schultz over him but I am pretty certain nobody would of wanted him. I have gotten to watch Brossoit a TON over the past few years with the Oil Kings and he is definitely a better goalie prospect then Roy was for us, he does tend to suffer from some mental lapses from time to time but he is the best goalie prospect we've had in seasons.

MacT definitely isn't done, the matter what he's telling the media, we could of afforded both Bryz at 1.75 and Smid at his salary so I would bet that there is something coming.
Try hard enough for a reason to like something and eventually you will find it Exercise