Create Account

LAP///EDM

Plus the point of the deal on our end would be to give up the better goalie in order to get two "offensive stars"...

but Edmonton is outscoring Los Angeles.

Donini > Muerto

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@May 18 2014, 01:27 PM

And Muerto's not going anywhere for 9-10 seasons. What's better? Younger with the same skillset is still worth it. Who cares if you did better than him while he's playing 3rd line while we work on him to get him up to a top liner? This is nothing against you, this is saying that it's a dumb fuckin deal for EDM to make because we'd give up great depth for star players we don't need and get worse in goal.

I just don't see how you can say a guy with 2 full seasons under his belt is better than an established player...I have nothing against Muerto...he was probably one of my favorite Knights players while I was co-GM and he's done an amazing job already with Kelowna as co-GM now. Just think he needs to play abit more before you can say so easily that he's better than me.

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@May 18 2014, 02:56 PM

I just don't see how you can say a guy with 2 full seasons under his belt is better than an established player...I have nothing against Muerto...he was probably one of my favorite Knights players while I was co-GM and he's done an amazing job already with Kelowna as co-GM now. Just think he needs to play abit more before you can say so easily that he's better than me.
I'm not saying he's better in the sim. I'm saying in terms of value, someone 4 years younger is always more valuable.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

When I grow up I want to be Donini

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

Quote:Originally posted by Toast@May 18 2014, 08:30 AM
Muerto > Donini
Emils and Belial > Kylrad
Aitto >>> CJ (even if the sim is weird and CJ is jesus)

There is no win for Edmonton there at all.

did you just say Belial and Emils were better than Kylrad? I am sorry, have you gone insane?

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@May 18 2014, 03:34 PM

did you just say Belial and Emils were better than Kylrad?  I am sorry, have you gone insane?

13 and 11 points versus 17 points while Villy has over six times as many hits as Kylrad, with Stud having the same amount, and shots blocked are 0 for all three. Kylrad is fantastic but in terms of this trade, I'll take the depth and goaltender every time.

Depth > Superstars

Edmonton has won 2 of the past 3 cups with arguably no real superstar

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Ya sorry I will take the guy who finished top 10 in scoring over two replaceable parts.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@May 18 2014, 04:01 PM
Ya sorry I will take the guy who finished top 10 in scoring over two replaceable parts.

Villy has 4 points less (averaging over 4 minutes less per game), and has 42 more hits. Then you add Stud who has just 6 points less and gives us an extra solid top six player. Let's hold off on the "replaceable parts".

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee@May 18 2014, 03:01 PM

"replaceable parts"

For sure

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by Buster@May 18 2014, 01:48 PM
Depth > Superstars

Edmonton has won 2 of the past 3 cups with arguably no real superstar
FU

Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride Armada pride

[Image: Q4Adkgo.png]

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@May 18 2014, 03:13 PM

Villy has 4 points less (averaging over 4 minutes less per game), and has 42 more hits. Then you add Stud who has just 6 points less and gives us an extra solid top six player. Let's hold off on the "replaceable parts".

Me and Kyl at our best:

Adam Kylrad 50 24 37 61
Brandon Donini 50 20 29 49

you won't get that from any of those 3. Not to mention that that season Kyl didn't get one penalty, I had 232 hits and we combined for 350 shots

When I thought up this trade I was really just imagining a Keenan-Donini-Kylrad line :o

Quote:Originally posted by Donini13@May 18 2014, 04:18 PM

Me and Kyl at our best:

Adam Kylrad 50 24 37 61
Brandon Donini 50 20 29 49

you won't get that from any of those 3. Not to mention that that season Kyl didn't get one penalty, I had 232 hits and we combined for 350 shots

When I thought up this trade I was really just imagining a Keenan-Donini-Kylrad line :o

Damn. even though Muerto is on pace to beat your TPE at the same age you had your best season, I guess we'll never get that from him though. Too bad your best seasons are indicative of what's to come as well, even though you're closer to regression than our three.

Can you also tell me how well I'm going to do in my career? Since you can predict these things? Like if I should just give up now 'cuz it's hopeless I'd appreciate you saving me the time.

Quote:Originally posted by teztify@May 18 2014, 03:22 PM

Damn. even though Muerto is on pace to beat your TPE at the same age you had your best season, I guess we'll never get that from him though. Too bad your best seasons are indicative of what's to come as well, even though you're closer to regression than our three.

Can you also tell me how well I'm going to do in my career? Since you can predict these things? Like if I should just give up now 'cuz it's hopeless I'd appreciate you saving me the time.

I was referring more to Belial/Emils in that part and if you go back to my update page at the beginning of my 3rd season I had 759 but nice try.

An yea retire Vikstrand he's a scrub