Create Account

Sports Talk Forums

I was looking to see if we had a "NHL General Discussion Thread" and I see that we do not. I would recommend putting up one. But even bigger scale, I was thinking that perhaps we would get some more real sports talk around here if the organization was a bit better.

I would suggest opening up a new "Sports Talk" Category in which each sports has it's own forum and of course, the hockey forum would be at the top and have the most subforums.

Example:
Quote:>Sports Talk
>>Hockey
>>>NHL
>>>Juniors
>>>IHF
>>Football
>>Baseball
>>Basketball
>>Other Sports

And these NHL team forums, eeh, a little excessive. 30 forums, there's about 5 which still have no posts, most don't have any legit posting, and there's only 7 that have had a recent post within the last 3-4 days. I believe we need to wipe out those forums, go with my idea for a sports talk category and then in the NHL Forum, create a stickied team thread for those teams who have enough fans and have enough constant discussion.

Quote:Originally posted by Nero@Feb 3 2012, 11:03 PM
I was looking to see if we had a "NHL General Discussion Thread" and I see that we do not. I would recommend putting up one. But even bigger scale, I was thinking that perhaps we would get some more real sports talk around here if the organization was a bit better.

I would suggest opening up a new "Sports Talk" Category in which each sports has it's own forum and of course, the hockey forum would be at the top and have the most subforums.

Example:

And these NHL team forums, eeh, a little excessive. 30 forums, there's about 5 which still have no posts, most don't have any legit posting, and there's only 7 that have had a recent post within the last 3-4 days. I believe we need to wipe out those forums, go with my idea for a sports talk category and then in the NHL Forum, create a stickied team thread for those teams who have enough fans and have enough constant discussion.
the reason we started the whole team forum thing was because most of the leafs fans were unable to have reasonable hockey discussion...and it was basically a shitshow everytime someone posted in the NHL discussion thread.

so we seperated it into teams so you can avoid certain threads if you want.

This wouldn't be an issue if people actually used them instead of posting team specific topics in the discussion board because "if I post it there, nobody will see it!" Stick your neck out and be a trailblazer. Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by alext6792@Feb 3 2012, 08:14 PM

the reason we started the whole team forum thing was because most of the leafs fans were unable to have reasonable hockey discussion...and it was basically a shitshow everytime someone posted in the NHL discussion thread.

so we seperated it into teams so you can avoid certain threads if you want.
I don't see how these "shitshow's" aren't just as likely to go down in the leafs' forum.

And even if, you cannot tell that is the only reason why the site is literally wasting webspace with 25 empty/dead NHL team forums.

Quote:Originally posted by Nero@Feb 3 2012, 11:27 PM

[b]I don't see how these "shitshow's" aren't just as likely to go down in the leafs' forum.

And even if, you cannot tell that is the only reason why the site is literally wasting webspace with 25 empty/dead NHL team forums.[/b]
They do, in fact its pretty pointless even having them since 90% of the NHL discussion goes down in the Leafs forum anyways.

I find the 30 team forums pretty pointless and find this better tbh.

soccer thread tbh so i can talk to myself