Create Account

TOR-EDM

With the new opening at general manager, I'd say everyone should come up with Trade Proposals for what they think would be a trade to get the new GM in TOR. Personally, I've thought it over before the announcement was made and talked with tez and so far here's what I have:

TOR receives:
Jakub Aittokallio

EDM receives:
Mika Aalto
1st Overall (or whatever it is this season)
S20 TEX 1st round pick
S21 TOR 1st Round Pick

Which side would have to add? How would you alter this deal?

*Note* I will not be applying for GM of Toronto, I don't believe they have the assets while still being able to build a team. Just feel this would be fun, and think everyone should try this for the hell of it.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

RIP TOR

1) Toronto will be shit with no first rounders for three season. (or whatever they have in the third season)
2) No. No. No. You will not be able to complete rebuild with second rounders.
3)You have basically sold all your assets for a goalie that will be a GM. That's it. You're not gonna sell Toast and his price will not be three first rounders to basically level out the price that was given away here. Even if you do trade him, you are just further halting your rebuild (ie Seth way)
4) You will be in rebuild for 539827#m5 seasons.
5) Toronto is fucked

Discord are for plebs

I'd demand off Toronto if that deal ever went through :|

[Image: BrettBroadway.gif]
[Image: Hunter.png]

LOL thinking you're worth that much!

That's part of the complication with Toronto; any GM that comes in via trade is either going to be young or will cost a significant amount to acquire. Their best bet is to get a young player.

Honestly, if I were going to pick someone, I'd pick Esa. Yeah, he'd be expensive, but in my limited interactions with him, he has solid GM potential.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jun 11 2014, 08:57 PM
That's part of the complication with Toronto; any GM that comes in via trade is either going to be young or will cost a significant amount to acquire. Their best bet is to get a young player.

Honestly, if I were going to pick someone, I'd pick Esa. Yeah, he'd be expensive, but in my limited interactions with him, he has solid GM potential.
Thing about GMs is they get their player for free. So age isn't an issue. Especially on a team that's a work in progress

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 11 2014, 08:59 PM

Thing about GMs is they get their player for free.  So age isn't an issue. Especially on a team that's a work in progress

I mention age because of development level, not retirement. Getting a 900 or 1000 TPE player is typically more expensive than a 450 TPE player.

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jun 11 2014, 09:57 PM

I see the same. That's why I told Esa to apply for Finland, and it's why I've told him to apply for TOR. He's a good bet for this, and wouldn't be worth too much to his team because they have other people filling a similar role.

And Jme, this is after what I've talked to teztify about. And he said he wouldn't be happy with this. Trust me, 1000 TPE goalie w/ 2 cups and an MVP is worth a lot to a team in comparison to a 500 TPE goalie w/ 2 cup finals losses on super super stacked teams.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Conspiracy now, all Blizz leave for FA and sign with Toronto S20

[Image: grogu111-A11.jpg]
norway                             IIHF Team Norway                          norway

Quote:Originally posted by Gifter of Bikes@Jun 11 2014, 09:03 PM

I mention age because of development level, not retirement. Getting a 900 or 1000 TPE player is typically more expensive than a 450 TPE player.
Ah gotcha. But it also works the opposite way as well. A 4th year player will generally cost more than an 8th-9th yr player if their TPE progression is similar depending on the team trading for and to

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@Jun 11 2014, 06:05 PM
Conspiracy now, all Blizz leave for FA and sign with Toronto S20

only if Toronto relocates to Edmonton and be named Blizzard

Discord are for plebs

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Jun 11 2014, 09:06 PM

Ah gotcha.  But it also works the opposite way as well. A 4th year player will generally cost more than an 8th-9th yr player if their TPE progression is similar depending on the team trading for and to

Also true. Either way, getting a quality player is expensive Smile

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Jun 11 2014, 10:05 PM

I see the same. That's why I told Esa to apply for Finland, and it's why I've told him to apply for TOR. He's a good bet for this, and wouldn't be worth too much to his team because they have other people filling a similar role.

And Jme, this is after what I've talked to teztify about. And he said he wouldn't be happy with this. Trust me, 1000 TPE goalie w/ 2 cups and an MVP is worth a lot to a team in comparison to a 500 TPE goalie w/ 2 cup finals losses on super super stacked teams.
Meh you've only had one stellar season. Most goalies would do well on a stacked Blizzard team.

Esa's worth so much to Calgary.