Create Account

SMJHL Player Limits Number of Seasons Player in SMJHL

With the recent uptick in new players (inactives and actives alike), I think it might be time to "clean house" in the SMJHL some.

My proposal is that any player that is not a current rookie (S20) or a sent down prospect of the SHL (S19 or before), should automatically be placed into the SHL FA thread.

The SHL is allowed to sign any player from the FA thread regardless of season, while the SMJHL may only sign a player from within the last 3-5 seasons (S17-S15, or thereabouts). SHL teams will have the higher claim for a player (though this is unlikely to happen).

All current rookies (again inactive and active alike) and send downs have automatic spots on the rosters top spots, and the signing of free agents is to fill open spots only (no more robot players). Given that teams can have no more than 22 dressed players, I would say that once a team has that many players they cannot sign a player from the SHL FA thread.

Current players who join after the draft are free to sign anywhere, and will automatically replace previous season inactives (SHL FA players). If all players are send downs and current rookies, then the teams are allowed to go over the 22 man limit. Giving S20 inactives little to no ice time (obviously).

That is my idea. I know some will hate it, but given that there are players who are on SMJHL rosters from before S10 and not regressing, I think its time to clean it up a bit.

And while we are on the subject of "cleaning house" can we lose these two threads:

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showforum=404 (Last Date Sept 8, 2013)
http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showforum=496 (Last Date Oct 23, 2013)

I don't see any of these players coming back, and think it would free up space. Not to mention I really don't want to add about 400 names to the database of free agents who will 99% probability not come back, or will just recreate anyways.

Thanks for your time,
AGH

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

An addendum to this proposal. SMJHL teams shall retain the rights to their FAs (as in they get first pick over other teams) as long as they are not older than 2 seasons (Essentially have their rights for 3 seasons overall).

[Image: BUzKbLn.png]

[Image: 5p7vOwY.png]  |  [Image: NA3IV5m.png]

Good idea imo

There aren't any inactive FA's this year in the SMJHL.

[Image: NCQjJT2.png]
Berserkers     -       syndicate      -     Berserkers