Create Account

Players Undergoing Regression S20

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Sep 2 2014, 02:39 PM
That was the rule when this regression system was put in place. Wade made the rule.

but as I stated, regression is about moving the TPE you earned out of your build if you don't have banked. So if you earned it you should be able to remove it.

I know you said it was a rule, but I feel like its not necessary for it to be there

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Sep 2 2014, 11:39 AM
That was the rule when this regression system was put in place. Wade made the rule.

Fuck the rules! Fuck Wadey! Rant

:ph34r:

I think it was made so that regression actually affects the player. If you included those attributes, everyone is taking TPE away from them instead of more important ones.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2
Regular Season - [G 7] [A 13] [Pts 20] [+/- +27] [PIM 36] [Hits 37] [SB 125]
Playoffs - [G 0] [A 0] [Pts 0] [+/- 0] [PIM 0] [Hits 0] [SB 0]

[Image: ERs3IrD.png]

So basically we can't remove TPE that we've earned off of an attribute that we've positively impacted? How does that make sense? Wade and his illogical SHL propaganda. #DownWithWade :ph34r:

Quote:Originally posted by Underoath10@Sep 2 2014, 02:47 PM
[b]So basically we can't remove TPE that we've earned off of an attribute that we've positively impacted? How does that make sense? Wade and his illogical SHL propaganda. #DownWithWade :ph34r:[/b]

Then what's the point of having it as a stat, cause apparently it is not a strong stat.

I feel that all stats are strong except for durability. Penalty shot can win you games, fighting can boost team morale during games, discipline keeps you out of the box and keeps your team off of the PK (which is very helpful)

as for durability, with the rare occurrence of injuries I understand, but all the other ones you should be allowed to remove TPE from as they are important.

It's the same reasoning as to why you can't have these attributes as weaknesses. They just aren't as important. If you're losing 30 TPE, are you going to lower skating and puck-handling or durability and fighting?

That's what I thought.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Sep 2 2014, 02:51 PM
It's the same reasoning as to why you can't have these attributes as weaknesses. They just aren't as important. If you're losing 30 TPE, are you going to lower skating and puck-handling or durability and fighting?

That's what I thought.

look at my edited post above

Each One should remove the earned TPE! Which skill is not important! If we should maybe change what ... then the percantage of the regression numbers

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Quote:Originally posted by mryourface2468@Sep 2 2014, 03:48 PM

Then what's the point of having it as a stat, cause apparently it is not a strong stat.

I feel that all stats are strong. Penalty shot can win you games, fighting can boost team morale during games, discipline keeps you out of the box and keeps your team off of the PK (which is very helpful)

as for durability, with the rare occurrence of injuries I understand, but all the other ones you should be allowed to remove TPE from.

Personally, I think penalty shots are a crap shoot. I've had players that have trained penalty shot and there was hardly any difference between them and players with 50. Fighting doesn't affect the game enough and doesn't happen enough for me to take it seriously. Discipline starts at 62 so it can't go lower than that anyway.

Put it this way, there's a reason you guys want these attributes to be included, because you want to remove the points from them and not other, more valuable, attributes. I wonder why that is?

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2

Where in the rulebook does it say it can't be removed from there? Here's the rule:

http://theshl.b1.jcink.com/index.php?showtopic=8686

It just says you remove TPE. It doesn't say there's restrictions.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Sep 2 2014, 02:58 PM

Personally, I think penalty shots are a crap shoot. I've had players that have trained penalty shot and there was hardly any difference between them and players with 50. Fighting doesn't affect the game enough and doesn't happen enough for me to take it seriously. Discipline starts at 62 so it can't go lower than that anyway.

Put it this way, there's a reason you guys want these attributes to be included, because you want to remove the points from them and not other, more valuable, attributes. I wonder why that is?

actually I am taking my points away from checking. with my 64 banked and 68 points in checking (its my weakness) I have enough for regression.

Quote:Originally posted by Leafs4ever@Sep 2 2014, 03:58 PM

Part of it is that banking TPE is now worthless, so might as well put the points somewhere instead. So now people put the points in and then you say that you can't take those points out. So overall, people just lose out on this fuckin deal.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Sep 2 2014, 02:59 PM
Where in the rulebook does it say it can't be removed from there? Here's the rule:

[Image: franco_boom.gif]

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Sep 2 2014, 03:59 PM

I saw the rule under the Season 18 Regression thread by Wadey. He posted it at the end of the opening post.

Truth be told, I didn't know about it until this regression. I didn't mention it for last season's regression because I didn't know it existed until I saw it in that thread.

If Wade wants to come in and take the rule away I have no problem, but right now I have to go with what he said.

Guy Incognito - D - #24
Texas Renegades
Season 76
47-17-2

Someone get Wadey in here :ph34r: