Create Account

SHL Weekly Update - 10/26/2014

Guys if pay goes up to like even 5m im making 20m off of jobs alone... that's way too much every season imo

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

An example would be 2-3 uncapped TPE per week for an updater with strict rules regarding reliability.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Damn. That's pretty good pay.

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Quote:Originally posted by kitras@Oct 26 2014, 07:09 PM
Guys if pay goes up to like even 5m im making 20m off of jobs alone... that's way too much every season imo

Not everybody has 100 jobs like you, buttnugget.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

1st time doing 250k

2nd time doing (250k)(bonus)

3rd time pay= 2nd time(bonus)

Miss one: back to the start.

smt like dat

[Image: hallsy.png]

Bowdown I for one welcome our new overlords. Bowdown

Quote:Originally posted by Lunaro@Oct 26 2014, 06:13 PM
Bowdown  I for one welcome our new fuhrer.  Bowdown

ftfy

Quote:Originally posted by Lunaro@Oct 26 2014, 07:11 PM
Damn. That's pretty good pay.
the issue is we have struggled with player updaters either quitting or not doing their job.
and Jack can only update the sim when every team gets updated.
its unfair to the active teams as they essentially lose that advantage.

with the raise in pay/incentive we make the player updater job a job that members will kill for, rather than a job they end up stopping or quitting.
as it directly effects the sim and performance of teams, its one of the most important jobs around here.

that way if somebody doesnt do the job in sufficient time, we can fire him and immediately find somebody else that is more than willing to do it.

when you are getting paid 3mil a season to player update, it makes it kind of tough to stick with it

Trust me I know. I've done my share of extra backup work in my first season as an updater hahaha

Quote:Originally posted by Lunaro@Oct 26 2014, 07:36 PM
Trust me I know. I've done my share of extra backup work in my first season as an updater hahaha
well yea…it makes sense to try and make the updater job a job that people actually WANT to do

might be a lot of pay/TPE, but for a job like that, its worth giving out imo

i was a player updater for a season way back when and quit because i was like, fuck this not worth it Smile)

I don't see a problem with it and I hope it actually leads to more quality work as it encourages people to apply and stay responsible

Quote:Originally posted by xDParK@Oct 26 2014, 04:10 PM
An example would be 2-3 uncapped TPE per week for an updater with strict rules regarding reliability.

I really like this idea, but I'm pushing to take on more jobs as it is because I enjoying being active int he league and I feel like I would have jobs cut from me in terms of fairness, or I would be gaining a ton of TPE which is bad in terms of fairness. Also we have a pretty limited pool of jobs as it is and with more pay/TPE being handed out we'd either have to create more/new job opportunities and/or we'll run into the issue where people are doing the bare minimum to scrape by and get their TPE.

If we did choose to give TPE the heads of each job would have to really scrutinize the people doing them to make sure everyone is at very least doing everything properly.

Also love the transparency with the members of the league, I think this is going to go a long way to make this league better and the community stronger.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

TPE could be a bonus, like Anada's idea.

You can't just choose to get TPE over cash, Like a PT, you have to put in that extra effort to get the extra +1 capped or whatever it is. More of an incentive program instead of part of the pay

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

You guys should also discuss having IIHF concurrent with the season rather than stopping the season

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Nah no way on the +3 TPE per week....that is crazy.

I know we want more commitment by the people that have jobs, but for the n00bs it might start to look like you can't really get ahead unless you are long time member of the site.

Lets say I join. Then you have re-creates that would be ahead by what like 30+ points by the end of the season, just because they had a player update job. Which would also mean that they would be ahead of me at the start of the draft.... That would have made me pretty mad as a n00b. The older members already have an advantage by keeping their bank accounts....which I completely understand, but now we would be adding another thing in there....And now I have to fight with the long time members who are trying to get these jobs that pay so much, and I would be last in line.

I say just increase bank...and I understand some people have 4 jobs...but maybe make it have some kind of diminishing returns for multiple jobs? Or maybe a mix of both? 5TPE for a whole season, plus money? That way it wouldn't be too unfair for the noobs?