Create Account

SHL Weekly Update - 10/26/2014

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Oct 26 2014, 09:18 PM
You guys should also discuss having IIHF concurrent with the season rather than stopping the season
we never discussed it…but I'm pretty sure that will never happen again Smile)

Noobs can get jobs too... 2-3 a week might be too much but maybe 1 or 2 a week in bonuses?

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Nice idea with the whole weekly update, I thinks it's a smart move and keeps us memebers without head office acess aware of what's going on.

Maybe 5 TPE for the season as long as the job has been done adequately. Probably shouldn't try to stack that though. If you have multiple jobs you shouldn't need any more incentive.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Interesting feedback, keep it coming

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Quote:Originally posted by Dj RaY@Oct 26 2014, 08:32 PM
Maybe 5 TPE for the season as long as the job has been done adequately. Probably shouldn't try to stack that though. If you have multiple jobs you shouldn't need any more incentive.
you just dont want me to be a better defenseman thatn you, smh bojo biscuit

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Quote:Originally posted by kitras@Oct 26 2014, 09:37 PM

you just dont want me to be a better defenseman thatn you, smh bojo biscuit

Why don't you stop being so greedy and quit hoggin up all the jobs! Wink

I think base pay should be ~4 mill, as opposed to the 2 mill that's usually handed out. Then there are bonuses which are usually handed out, which give another couple mill or whatever. I think, instead of money then TPE should be given as the bonus.

........I think Bojo said this earlier. I just got off work, and couldn't post Tongue not sure if this has been proposed yet.

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Lunaro@Oct 26 2014, 08:24 PM
Noobs can get jobs too... 2-3 a week might be too much but maybe 1 or 2 a week in bonuses?

I haven't really wanted a job because of the payouts...but you make it TPE, then I would be applying everytime...and I am sure more players would too. Then that would make it almost impossible for a noob to get the job.

Hell for TPE I would even apply for jobs that I don't think I would be a good candidate for. For example a GM position, I don't think I know as much about the simmer as I should to be a GM. A banker? I am horrible with math. But you give me TPE for those jobs and I'll apply, even though I shouldn't. Tongue

Quote:Originally posted by Bowhuntr11@Oct 26 2014, 09:19 PM

I haven't really wanted a job because of the payouts...but you make it TPE, then I would be applying everytime...and I am sure more players would too. Then that would make it almost impossible for a noob to get the job.

Hell for TPE I would even apply for jobs that I don't think I would be a good candidate for. For example a GM position, I don't think I know as much about the simmer as I should to be a GM. A banker? I am horrible with math. But you give me TPE for those jobs and I'll apply, even though I shouldn't. Tongue

Yeah that's my thoughts, but maybe if they implemented TPE as an incentive the screening process could be must stricter, and like I said in my other post have the heads keep a close eye on the people doing the jobs.

I think increasing the pay then giving a low TPE incentive for doing the job properly and regularly would be a better middle ground. Maybe a year end performance bonus? Hire more 'management' for the departments and everyone gets evaluated on how they did, and then give a ~5 TPE max bonus for doing your job properly.

These leagues are dependent on members stepping into the roles to keep it running smoothly, and for the most part that's what happens. Especially with the updating, we all chip in a little extra when needed and everyone gets updated, at least lately. I think the people who are doing the jobs have that mindset for the most part, and maybe a little bonus would push it over the hump from grit-your-teeth bearable, to bearable and rewarding.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Bowhuntr11@Oct 26 2014, 09:18 PM
Nah no way on the +3 TPE per week....that is crazy.

I know we want more commitment by the people that have jobs, but for the n00bs it might start to look like you can't really get ahead unless you are long time member of the site.

Lets say I join. Then you have re-creates that would be ahead by what like 30+ points by the end of the season, just because they had a player update job. Which would also mean that they would be ahead of me at the start of the draft.... That would have made me pretty mad as a n00b. The older members already have an advantage by keeping their bank accounts....which I completely understand, but now we would be adding another thing in there....And now I have to fight with the long time members who are trying to get these jobs that pay so much, and I would be last in line.

I say just increase bank...and I understand some people have 4 jobs...but maybe make it have some kind of diminishing returns for multiple jobs? Or maybe a mix of both? 5TPE for a whole season, plus money? That way it wouldn't be too unfair for the noobs?

Agreed

The problem with just getting bank is it gets useless after a while. I mean look at someone like jnh. He never needs to write an article again

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Ya you are correct. I feel like there has to be a middle ground though.

What if it was:

5TPE & $5 million for a whole season. Cash deposited at beginning of season. TPE at end of season. +2 more bonus TPE for doing an outstanding job(which is not easy to get, maybe only one person from that group? +1 tpe bonus for 2nd best out of group?)

For multiple jobs
2 jobs? you get +3 TPE & $3 million
3 jobs? Another +2 tpe & $2 million
Over that, you care more about the league and probably have enough cash. Lol.

Bonus is only for first job. Cap of +10TPE for all which is paid at end of season. And is per season. Seeing as there is a 15 cap on pbps and such, I feel this is fair.

Reasoning: It is paid at end of season for accountability reasons, and it makes recreates not have an advantage during rookie season so that n00bs dont start off gimped.

I'm sure there is something off about this that I'm not seeing, but let's base it off this and adjust it and see where we can end up at.

I'm fine with that. We would need to determine what amount of work is sufficient enough to earn those points.

Quote:Originally posted by Dj RaY@Oct 27 2014, 06:41 AM
I'm fine with that. We would need to determine what amount of work is sufficient enough to earn those points.

When you say points are you talking about the +5TPE or the bonus?

If you are talking about the 5TPE, then that would be up to whoever is in charge of that group. If they feel like they need to hire someone else, then they do that and the first person is let go and forfeits all the TPE. Just like it normally goes as of right now. Hopefully with this new system, the person that is the replacement will be enthusiastic about getting more TPE and doing a good job. The job would have a set of minimum requirements just like it does now, if you don't meet those you either will lose your job or not be given TPE at end of season.

If it is the bonus, then that depends on who your group contains and what it is. For example....the player updaters. If nobody is really ontime and you are, then you are the 1st one. If everybody is on time, and you are too...then it should be based off of who was the quickest, who was helpful in answering any questions about their job, who had less mistakes, who did more of the work...etc. That would be up to whoever is in charge of the group to decide that. It would more or less a competition for those extra TPE. Which hopefully, would make people be more on time. There will be arguments, but that will be the case with any performance/ranked based rewards. I think the idea though is to go away from a blanket reward system, since it doesn't reward people who are trying to be more efficient over people who just get the minimum done. Smile