Create Account

Incentive to Recreate Instead of Harsher Regression

Quote:Originally posted by Schultzy@Nov 9 2014, 04:29 PM

Really? You couldn't just agree with me that it was an awesome idea until Park paid me for it and then come out against it? You had to sabotage it right out of the gate?

:ph34r:

That's what happens when I don't get my share... Tongue

Evan Winter
Edmonton Blizzard
Player Page - Update Page

[Image: winter-500.png]

Just want to note that I'd like to see a slightly harsher regression system, ALONG with this.

Former
SHL Head Commissioner S12ish-S27ish
GM Dragons S8 & S9 (Won cups both years)
2x GM Of The Year
5 Time Cup Winner
League MVP

Past Players
[Image: HOF2.png] D - Aidan Richan - [Image: HOF2.png] (S5 11th Overall) Dragons
[Image: HOF2.png] C - Chico Salmon - [Image: HOF2.png] (S17 1st overall)  Renegades

Current Player
D - Chico Smeb (S46)

SMJHL - Drafted 65th Overall by Raptors
SHL - Drafted 23rd Overall by Dragons

Quote:Originally posted by xDParK@Nov 9 2014, 10:35 AM
Just want to note that I'd like to see a slightly harsher regression system, ALONG with this.
It's because Hamilton made it to the Cup Finals 2 years in a row, isn't it? <_<

:ph34r:

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

I gotta agree with Roman on this. I like the idea but I don't think it's really fair to the rookies. Rookies are usually trailing recreates in TPE because recreates can start training day one and will already have earned a decent amount of TPE before the rookies even show up to this site. Plus recreates are usually rolling in cash and rookies don't necessarily have enough cash to even do their weekly training.

Quote:Originally posted by grimmsterj@Nov 9 2014, 10:43 AM
I gotta agree with Roman on this. I like the idea but I don't think it's really fair to the rookies. Rookies are usually trailing recreates in TPE because recreates can start training day one and will already have earned a decent amount of TPE before the rookies even show up to this site. Plus recreates are usually rolling in cash and rookies don't necessarily have enough cash to even do their weekly training.
We already give BRAND NEW Rookies 4 TPE the day they create with the Rookie PT which gives them +1 and $500k free to buy their first week's training. How is that fair to someone who just retired a 1200 TPE player?

[Image: 0QGickG.png]

Riot Player Page Riot
Militia Update Page Militia

Quote:Originally posted by RomanesEuntDomus@Nov 9 2014, 04:28 PM
Not a fan of this tbh, one of the things that I think the SHL handles better than the VHL is that first-generation and recreates start on a level playing field here and i think it should be kept this way. I know the bonus you proposed isn't very high, but I honestly think the concept of recreates not having any direct TPE-bonuses over rookies is one that shouldn't be touched. We already hand out enough TPE as it is anyway, so I don't think we need any kindof bonus for recreates, they already usually have a higher bank account to start anyway.

Yeahthat

[Image: McZehrl.png]

Challenge Cup Wins:
S18 - Riot Seattle Riot (with Chris McZehrl)*
S23 - Wolfpack New England Wolfpack (with Chris McZehrl)*
S27 - Dragons Calgary Dragons (with VLAD McZehrl)
S34 - Rage Manhattan Rage (with VLAD McZehrl)
S37 - Jets Winnipeg Jets (with VLAD McZehrl)
S46 - Stampede Buffalo Stampede (with GOD McZehrl)*

*first ever Challenge Cup of Franchise History

Four Star Cup Wins:
S24 - Whalers Vancouver Whalers (with VLAD McZehrl)
S39 - Scarecrows St. Louis Scarecrows (with GOD McZehrl)

SHL Hall of Fame Members:
S24 - Chris McZehrl Platoon Panthers Dragons Riot Wolfpack *
(GP: 764 | G: 322 | A: 461 | P: 783 | +/-: +109)
S40 - VLAD McZehrl Dragons Riot Rage Stampede Jets Wolfpack *
(GP: 653 | G: 333 | A: 361 | P: 694 | +/-: +141)

*1st Ballot Hall of Famer

small note: GOD McZehrl played at first as Defender and later as Forward!

Quote:Originally posted by Schultzy@Nov 9 2014, 11:45 AM

We already give BRAND NEW Rookies 4 TPE the day they create with the Rookie PT which gives them +1 and $500k free to buy their first week's training. How is that fair to someone who just retired a 1200 TPE player?

Because 9 times out of 10 they will already have their player created and will have done several trainings. All it takes is two trainings to get more than the 4 TPE. If you just retired a 1200 TPE player, I think it's fair to assume that they have at least a couple million in the bank for training and equipment.

Players are coming out of their first season with over 300 TPE already.

If anything, we need to nerf the TPE handouts in SMJHL, not give even more.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Make a harsher regression, but i dont like this idea..

Harsher regression.

Maybe recreates can have a bigger training cap? That way they still have to work for tpe, but they have the possibility to make more

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Maybe make the TPE activate once they make the jump into the SHL?

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

i would much prefer this over a harsher regression scale

This has irked me quite some time. Regression is fine, the amount of work you have to do in the span before regression hits is the problem.

A good/great SHL player has roughly 750-800 TPE, the great ones have 800-900 and the best unusually a 1000 or more.

Now doing the math from rookie season, subtracting 155.

600-650 points in 10 seasons - Need to be about a 5/10 on activity to get this amount of TPE a season. So as long as you update, activity checks and do PT every so often, you will wind up in this range but right away you start to deteriorate down to 675, a loss greater than your average so far. You decline is already eminent. You will have to put even more work in just to stay at your peak.

650-750 points in 10 seasons. This you can get to stay at peak for about 3-4 seasons before you start to decline badly due to the percentages rising to 12%

750-850 in 10 seasons. This is going to need a good amount of activity. Id say probably an 8-9 out of 10. Doesn't do everything, but does most of it.

850+ These are the true elite players, who have invested a shitton of time and effort into this league and will be able to stay at their peak for roughly 5 seasons before they decline. However if they keep updating, they can remain great players for up to 20 seasons before they are losing more per season then they can possibly gain.

So what we could do to counter this is
Hand out more TPE, but make the 90s cost 16 TPE to increase one point. After all that IS the end game for players seeking elite status suddenly the cost to go from 90-99 is 144 TPE instead of 72.

Thats an extra seasons worth of TPE to gain. For increasing one skill up to it. Suddenly people aren't maxing out so quick anymore. This would have to be calculated and adjusted but since not alot of players have stats over 90, it wont be much of an issue to fix.

Counter this by allowing strengths to be started at 65 instead of 50. this puts the starting TPE at 200. And makes sense why you call them strengths for fuck sake.

You can integrate this right now and make everyone super happy by allowing them to have 45 new TPE for their players. That might sound insane with CW, but offer it as a one time bonus for completion of every task.

It gives the rookies a boost in the long run against regression since it is 45 TPE more which will allow the first example I mentioned stay at a peak for 3 season (remember their were losing 15 per season and regression is 10% for three seasons) they would roughly stay at 750, losing 75 a season for those three seasons but gaining it back until the 12% hit. Then the decline is going to impact them more gradually.

My selling point, is this can be done in a few days and done easily and that I put a lot of time and thought into this.

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

FUCK a new update scale.
for real

Quote:Originally posted by Midas Whale@Nov 9 2014, 10:51 AM
FUCK a new update scale.
for real

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Akashi SixNine Jr. Updates