Create Account

Couple ways to stop TPE Inflation/Coping methods

Why can't we just go back to whatever it was that the older seasons had? I mean obviously the older players didn't have it the same as us, so what is the reason that it changed?

Did we get rid of a season cap that was there before?
Was there a smaller pt cap?
A training cap?

Whatever it was that was added between now and then let's take it away?

Media was stingier, so people struggled to make as much money, and the PTs gave out far less uncapped, especially at the SMJHL level. That's where the disconnect came in, really. We started paying more and more for low quality, high word count stuff, and in this league all you need is a bank to make a player. And then the PTs started giving out stuff to supplement the new update scale, possibly in hopes of making it easier to make the player because people keep complaining how things like equipment don't cover enough being just a +3 for a lot of money.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Quote:Originally posted by FourFour@Nov 24 2014, 10:23 PM

Yeah, and by this rate, many of you may hit 2000 tpe, but wouldn't have a use for it lol
I WILL LIVE FOREVER!

I really don't understand the hate people have for people working hard and gaining TPE

If you want to work hard and gain TPE, you should be able to get as much as you can. Why are we trying to limit activity?

So you make a good player and get 1,200 TPE So what? If it means that guy is active for 10 seasons straight doing everything he can to get there then let the guy be, don't limit him and say you're only allowed to make this much TPE now

This league is for fun. On one hand you have guys complaining that theres too many words for so little TPE on the other you got guys saying lets limit TPE and make it hard for people to build good players

Why? I want to build a good player and have fun, not be limited

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Nov 24 2014, 11:42 PM
I really don't understand the hate people have for people working hard and gaining TPE

If you want to work hard and gain TPE, you should be able to get as much as you can. Why are we trying to limit activity?

So you make a good player and get 1,200 TPE So what? If it means that guy is active for 10 seasons straight doing everything he can to get there then let the guy be, don't limit him and say you're only allowed to make this much TPE now

This league is for fun. On one hand you have guys complaining that theres too many words for so little TPE on the other you got guys saying lets limit TPE and make it hard for people to build good players

Yeahthat

To be honest if I maxed out my TPE and caps and everytihng like halfway into a season or whatever i'd barely even come back onto this site until I could do more things to improve my player.. What is there even to do day to day on here than to maybe talk in the LR a bit and check scores? Now I cant even improve my player?

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Nov 24 2014, 10:42 PM

Yeahthat

Changing the update scale or asking players to redistribute TPE is NOT on the table

One has to admit, though, that the amount of UNCAPPED TPE being handed out over the last few seasons is excessive.

We don't want to punish anyone for being active and doing stuff, and those people who are active and contribute media, writing, GFX, and what have you deserve to be able to build good players, even after 2-3 seasons.

But 250+ TPE in a single season is cray cray! Just needs a little shaving imo.

Also we want this site to be accessible to the casual player as well. Don't want people feeling like they may as well give up after a season just because they are 200 TPE behind their draft season mates.

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@Nov 24 2014, 11:26 PM
Changing the update scale or asking players to redistribute TPE is NOT on the table

One has to admit, though, that the amount of UNCAPPED TPE being handed out over the last few seasons is excessive.

We don't want to punish anyone for being active and doing stuff, and those people who are active and contribute media, writing, GFX, and what have you deserve to be able to build good players, even after 2-3 seasons.

But 250+ TPE in a single season is cray cray! Just needs a little shaving imo.

Also we want this site to be accessible to the casual player as well. Don't want people feeling like they may as well give up after a season just because they are 200 TPE behind their draft season mates.

Yeahthat

I think uncapped needs to be shaved some, while I love earning a ton of TPE because I do my best to exceed the expectations for stuff, there's enough around the league if you push yourself to do them that you don't need to have all that fluff on PTs. Make PTs only capped and leave the cap at 30, or maybe bump it up to 35 so I still have a reason to do both written and GFX.

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

#getridofkarmawhores

[Image: hallsy.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Hallsy@Nov 24 2014, 11:34 PM
#getridofkarmawhores

=D>

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Nov 25 2014, 12:47 AM
To be honest if I maxed out my TPE and caps and everytihng like halfway into a season or whatever i'd barely even come back onto this site until I could do more things to improve my player.. What is there even to do day to day on here than to maybe talk in the LR a bit and check scores? Now I cant even improve my player?
So what happens when you earn so much TPE that you no longer have anywhere to put it and still have 6 or 7 seasons on a career? It's the same situation. You're going to quit showing up because there's nothing left for you to do. We aren't saying to stop people from getting to 1,200 TPE in 10 seasons, I made it to 1,400 in 9 and see no problem in that. What's a problem is that there are some who have over 600 and were drafted in S20, meaning in one season they've made it to 600 TPE. They'll be to 1,200 by their 3rd, meaning 7 seasons until regression of useless tasks that they'll ignore and become bored with the site quickly because there's nothing left for them to really do to get better.

What you described is the issue, except that you took the old school route and said the proper length it should take without facing the actual issue at hand. These people are earning points, yes. But it's too many points. It's excessive, and it'll be no time at all, less than a calendar year, before they're maxed out to the point they can't find any joy in doing anything productive for the site. Then all we have is a bunch of great but inactive players in their prime.

I'm all for allowing people to earn points and improve their player. I'm also for this league continuing to exist with a community that actually has to put time and effort into their players. I don't want to see someone spend three months on here and be done with it because it's now boring as fuck for them because there's nothing left to improve.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Ya TBH if someone is willing to write the equilvant of about 4-5 essays a season or make many many graphics i dont see why it matters. Ive never got this whole TPE inflation shit. Notice how the league was much deader alot more people went inactive like the VHL? Ive been here since S5 so ive seen both sides but never got why people care i mean to get a grand in TPE. In 3-4 seasons is like a full time job and some luck.

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Nov 24 2014, 11:46 PM

I made it to 1,400 in 9 and see no problem in that. What's a problem is that there are some who have over 600 and were drafted in S20, meaning in one season they've made it to 600 TPE. They'll be to 1,200 by their 3rd

Like I said in the other thread if you don't throw in recruitment whores....jala.... Tongue

Then we earn about 225/250 Max tpe a season at the current rate....

That would be closer to 5 seasons to reach that 1200 tpe mark your talking about. Fyi. That's doing every single thing... except recruitment.

I think you are skipping the smjhl season when you are counting.