Create Account

Couple ways to stop TPE Inflation/Coping methods

Quote:Originally posted by JayWhy75@Nov 24 2014, 11:46 PM

So what happens when you earn so much TPE that you no longer have anywhere to put it and still have 6 or 7 seasons on a career? It's the same situation. You're going to quit showing up because there's nothing left for you to do. We aren't saying to stop people from getting to 1,200 TPE in 10 seasons, I made it to 1,400 in 9 and see no problem in that. What's a problem is that there are some who have over 600 and were drafted in S20, meaning in one season they've made it to 600 TPE. They'll be to 1,200 by their 3rd, meaning 7 seasons until regression of useless tasks that they'll ignore and become bored with the site quickly because there's nothing left for them to really do to get better.

What you described is the issue, except that you took the old school route and said the proper length it should take without facing the actual issue at hand. These people are earning points, yes. But it's too many points. It's excessive, and it'll be no time at all, less than a calendar year, before they're maxed out to the point they can't find any joy in doing anything productive for the site. Then all we have is a bunch of great but inactive players in their prime.

I'm all for allowing people to earn points and improve their player. I'm also for this league continuing to exist with a community that actually has to put time and effort into their players. I don't want to see someone spend three months on here and be done with it because it's now boring as fuck for them because there's nothing left to improve.

[Image: zEQQKll.png]

So jaywhy you earned 140 tpe per season according to your math and thought it was good.

We earn 225ish a season doing everything we can.

So are you saying we need to cap a season to 140 since that is what YOU earned on average?

No?

200? Okay so now you are still talking 1000 tpe after 4.1 seasons instead of 3.75...

Really? We are arguing over that?

Quote:Originally posted by Bowhuntr11@Nov 25 2014, 02:05 AM

Like I said in the other thread if you don't throw in recruitment whores....jala.... Tongue

Then we earn about 225/250 Max tpe a season at the current rate....

That would be closer to 5 seasons to reach that 1200 tpe mark your talking about. Fyi. That's doing every single thing... except recruitment.

I think you are skipping the smjhl season when you are counting.
I am mostly because back when I was in the SMJHL, the total TPE you could earn was actually capped. Not just training and PT caps, but they also told the PT Director how much uncapped he could give. So it actually has made a major change in that as well.

5 seasons is still fast as heck. I got to it around 7 seasons in the SHL, 8 if you count the NWJHL season, so you're doing it 2 seasons faster and even I felt like I was improving at an accelerated rate. Making it in 5 seasons, if you count the SMJHL season, is making it in 4 in the SHL and making it that you have 6 seasons until regression to literally do absolutely nothing. I'm damn near capped out, and I have no drive to do PTs that simply don't interest me at all and don't help nor hurt my player. I've been like this the past couple of seasons, and it's noticeable. I haven't been as active and haven't cared to write despite the fact that I love to write features on here. It changes the league for someone when you reach that point. It makes it a lot less interesting, a lot less fun. And when the fun leaves the league, it's easy to follow suit and leave as well.

An old man's dream ended. A young man's vision of the future opened wide. Young men have visions, old men have dreams. But the place for old men to dream is beside the fire.
[Image: DOF5tXM.png]
[Image: tjyuut.jpg] 
Thanks to Jackson, Copenhagen, and Harry Hans!

GOING DOWN IN STYLE. TOAST4LYFE

Maybe a cap of 175? That way its a whole season extra to get to 1000 tpe?

Quote:Originally posted by Iamyourdestiny@Nov 24 2014, 11:05 PM
Ya TBH if someone is willing to write the equilvant of about 4-5 essays a season or make many many graphics i dont see why it matters. Ive never got this whole TPE inflation shit. Notice how the league was much deader alot more people went inactive  like the VHL? Ive been here since S5 so ive seen both sides but never got why people care i mean to get a grand in TPE. In 3-4 seasons is like a full time job and some luck.

This is true. Definitely think those members who join and are active and contribute to the site and do all the things they can to earn TPE and $$$ should continue to get the perks and opportunities that come with being an active member.

Here is an example of what inflation means: Championship Weeks have been creeping up every year, they have gone from being +15 TPE, to +18. to +21, to +25, and more. Is this absolute necessary when other initiatives such as Weekly Activity checks were introduced as well?

Every season there are people who are competitive and do everything they can to earn as much TPE as possible. This is great, and the last few seasons have been good examples of how the most active and dedicated members seem to want to be the best and drive each other in the way good rivals should!

However, this was true in S14 as well, and the top members there were coming out with a max of 300 TPE when the first season was said and done. And this was the case for most seasons. Very few players were even at 350 by the end of their second season! Every season there are examples of this.

This season those top members are sitting at over 400 TPE already! This is a substantial difference, and the question does arise, is too much?

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

If I reach the point where my player is so good that the TPE i gain will just be banked i'll sit back and enjoy watching my player beast it up finally... Nobody wants to work for 10 seasons just to finally see their player be elite and then hit regression right away.

If I work my ass off for 5 seasons then get to reap the benefits and watch him beast, then good, i'll love it and i will be active because then i'll be a sought after free agent, my player will be beasting and in the meantime i'm banking TPE for my next player.

On the flip side, if its gonna take me 10 seasons just to build a player that can actually play on a first line then hell no. I don't want to spend almost 2 full calendar years, maybe even more, just to make a player that can get to Jordan Hall's level, then hit regression right away and start losing all that work without ever reaping the benefits. That's insane. I want to build multiple players in this league and I want to eventually reap the benefits.

Plus, by capping us out you're basically rewarding the lazy and punishing the actives. You're saying "Okay so the guys who just want to scrape by you guys will gain the same amount as the guys who are willing to bust their asses off and make as much as they can"

If you want to stop handing out so much TPE, be my guest. But don't tell me that after a certain amount of TPE i'm not allowed to be as active as I want to be anymore and miss out on improving my player because it's not "fair" to the fairweather visitors of this site

04-14-2020, 09:49 PMbluesfan55 Wrote: 28 is old you fucking moron

Quote:Originally posted by Deener@Nov 24 2014, 11:28 PM

Plus, by capping us out you're basically rewarding the lazy and punishing the actives. You're saying "Okay so the guys who just want to scrape by you guys will gain the same amount as the guys who are willing to bust their asses off and make as much as they can"

If you want to stop handing out so much TPE, be my guest. But don't tell me that after a certain amount of TPE i'm not allowed to be as active as I want to be anymore and miss out on improving my player because it's not "fair" to the fairweather visitors of this site

That's exaggerating the point. People who are active and earn the max tpe should still have the reward of having a good player within a couple seasons, and having a player who progresses more rapidly than someone who gets their +5 a week and maybe do a few point tasks and predictions to earn a few more. There should and always will be a difference between the top players from a draft year and the bottom ones.

Again, no caps are changing or anything. And 1000 TPE should still be an accomplishment tbh. It's the amount of available uncapped TPE that has been progressively growing and growing. I don't think there's anything wrong with asking, should we scale it back?

[Image: draft-aa.png?ex=6623d02e&is=66115b2e&hm=...6f7f7fe7e&]

Grizzlies      S76 SMJHL DRAFT 3RD OVERALL PICK      Grizzlies
norway                     IIHF TEAM NORWAY                       norway

Quote:Originally posted by KezKincaid@Nov 25 2014, 01:25 AM

This is true. Definitely think those members who join and are active and contribute to the site and do all the things they can to earn TPE and $$$ should continue to get the perks and opportunities that come with being an active member.

Here is an example of what inflation means: Championship Weeks have been creeping up every year, they have gone from being +15 TPE, to +18. to +21, to +25, and more. Is this absolute necessary when other initiatives such as Weekly Activity checks were introduced as well?

Every season there are people who are competitive and do everything they can to earn as much TPE as possible. This is great, and the last few seasons have been good examples of how the most active and dedicated members seem to want to be the best and drive each other in the way good rivals should!

However, this was true in S14 as well, and the top members there were coming out with a max of 300 TPE when the first season was said and done. And this was the case for most seasons. Very few players were even at 350 by the end of their second season! Every season there are examples of this.

This season those top members are sitting at over 400 TPE already! This is a substantial difference, and the question does arise, is too much?

Heres how i look at it. Going soley based on Fourfours numbers here. Their are only about 10-12 players earning over 150 TPE a season. With a handful who go TPE mad. About another apximately 20 members 130-150. Then your avergae active fron 100-130.

So basically what were saying is people are earning to much when it reality is most arent. About 30 outta lets say 200ish members earn TPE at a very high ratr because they dedicate the time. So what were saying to that handul is sorry your doing too good and making the others look bad?

All i see is people complaining because they put in half the work and getring passed by a guy whose working harder.

Only thing i can see is maybe drop the champ week doesnt take much to do really 25 TPE is way to much IMO

West Kendall

Can't we just follow the agreed upon PT system and have less uncapped handed out for PTs where uncapped amount is determined subjectively by 1 person. Tier the PT payouts in capped TPE and offer maybe 1 or 2 uncapped for stuff that stands out.

[Image: 35513_s.gif]
Sigs by Kit, Maxy, Mook, LazyEye, Wasty, Ragnar, Bushito, Frank, 701, Pandar

Player Page | Update Thread
[Image: 263vaqs.png][Image: 8x07c6.png][Image: 2ut59pt.png][Image: s6rdXyK.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Lunaro@Nov 25 2014, 02:01 AM
Can't we just follow the agreed upon PT system and have less uncapped handed out for PTs where uncapped amount is determined subjectively by 1 person. Tier the PT payouts in capped TPE and offer maybe 1 or 2 uncapped for stuff that stands out.

People will still complain this has been an issue since i joined. First it was toi little now too much not everyone can be happy

West Kendall

Lets blame JNH and Wade.

[Image: 336.jpg]

Quote:Originally posted by ByrdeMan@Nov 25 2014, 09:59 AM
Lets blame JNH and Wade.

Don't forget Spangs

[Image: hallsy.png]

Dont fucking change the tpe for each weekly training. That is just retarded.

Quote:Originally posted by ByrdeMan+Nov 25 2014, 10:59 AM--><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1' id='QUOTE-WRAP'><tr><td>QUOTE (ByrdeMan @ Nov 25 2014, 10:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Lets blame JNH and Wade.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Hallsy@Nov 25 2014, 11:13 AM
Don't forget Spangs[/quote]

Best suggestions in the thread, IMO.

Imo only fair way for the new guys is to make the TPE cost steeper.

Not realistic to have a league where every team has a bunch of guys with 95-99 scoring.

Should only be 3-4 guys with that kind of scoring in the whole league.