Create Account

Is ps4 really worth the upgrade over ps3

Quote:Originally posted by wilson7913@Dec 26 2014, 05:09 PM
I can play games on my PS4 if I'm not connected to PSN. I've been playing the last two days with my outages but I just haven't been able to do things such as connect to EA servers and what not.
Well you guys are lucky, I can't play GTA 5, Octodad, Surgeon Simulator, Terraria, Plants vs Zombies, Loadout, Call of Duty, Secret Ponchos, or Injustice.

"Cannot use the content, Cannot connect to the server to verfy the license."

So my PS4 is basically a paper weight.. Oh and I can play TLOU Single player or Dragon Age because I have the physical copies.

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

I have a PS3 and a PS4 and if I was to do it again I would not have bought a PS4 yet until I was sure there were games exclusively to PS4 that I really enjoy.

I play mostly only sports games on my console so with the major fuck up with NHL 15 I really do not have any reason to own a PS4 as every thing could just as easily be played on PS3.

[Image: c3936a1e67537ed2c9716b30ba8432ee.png]

BUBBA -- Roster===Updates

Bojo Machine
League of Accomplished Players
Player builder

The thing is alot of Multi plats now are slowly getting better for next gen(see Dragon age and Shadows of Mordor both are TERRIBLE on old gen) Personally id buy the new Gen. This years gunna include some crazy games and exclusives so far Xboxs exclusives other than Sunset have been bashed. So really i dont see why maxy hypes up the others as they get meh ratings.

Theres more exclusives for it but theres maybe 1 thats any good. The rest are mediocre games(i have many xbox friends so far they all arent over happy with most of the games) still happy with the apps and stuff.

2015 is a huge year for both consoles and personally i think this is the year the console war kinda dies abit. So many good exclusives coming for PS4 well i think Halo and maybe Gears are the only set major exclusives coming for Xbox.

But 2015 will be the year to switch to next gen tbh so now is perfect to invest so u can pick up the games later

West Kendall

Quote:Originally posted by Iamyourdestiny@Dec 26 2014, 07:49 PM
The thing is alot of Multi plats now are slowly getting better for next gen(see Dragon age and Shadows of Mordor both are TERRIBLE on old gen) Personally id buy the new Gen. This years gunna include some crazy games and exclusives so far Xboxs exclusives other than Sunset have been bashed. So really i dont see why maxy hypes up the others as they get meh ratings.

Theres more exclusives for it but theres maybe 1 thats any good. The rest are mediocre games(i have many xbox friends so far they all arent over happy with most of the games) still happy with the apps and stuff.

2015 is a huge year for both consoles and personally i think this is the year the console war kinda dies abit. So many good exclusives coming for PS4 well i think Halo and maybe Gears are the only set major exclusives coming for Xbox.

But 2015 will be the year to switch to next gen tbh so now is perfect to invest so u can pick up the games later
Your friends are having an entirely different experience than I am. I HATE the Xbox apps. That's my biggest complaint with the Xbox. The games are what I've enjoyed. Sunset Overdrive is one of the best of last year, Forza Horizon 2 is the best racing game of last year. Master Chief Collection has a higher aggregate rating than any Playstation exclusive. Fantasia is a fun rhythm game so that's 4 right there lol

I guess Meh ratings = 86 for Horizon 2 (Better than any Playstation exclusive) 85 for Halo Master Chief Collection (Better than any Playstation exclusive) and 81 for SSO. Playstation Exclusives have been god awful since release. I use it as my multiplat box and that's it. Meanwhile I've spent more time playing one Xbox exclusive than I have all Playstation exclusives combined lol.

What exclusives are coming to PS4 btw? I've only seen Uncharted that looks amazing. Bloodbourne looks good but not great and The Order looks like shit.

So far imo the 2 consoles it goes like this

Exclusives-
Xbox= 8.5
Playstation= 5.0

Playstations have been shit. Xbox has been great

Multiplatforms
Xbox= 8
Playstation= 9

No noticeable differences overall to graphical quality, it's about even, but as game devs get used to the architecture PS will be better and they have a better rating due to that

UI
Xbox= 3
Playstation= 7

Xbox apps take forever (45 seconds+ for friends list to load, 30 seconds for information about the achievements after they pop, apps force closing consistently, ect. ect. Playstations looks like shit, organization is terrible

3rd Party App Support

Xbox- 9
Playstation- 2

Xbox has apps that PS4 doesn't, PS4 has no useful apps that Xbox doesn't. Xbox video alone is better than any app that PS4 has due to the live events being streamed on it and the PS4's streaming for live streaming are weak.

Game recording/Streaming
Xbox-8
Playstation-6

The fact Xbox has a exclusive video service to keep up with videos posted by your friends and whatnot is phenomenal. PS looks better on twitch imo but it lags behind more in my experience. I use Elgato game capture and they work evenly there.

Controller-
PS=8
Xbox=10

Playstations would be higher if the thumbsticks didn't deteriorate

Store-
Xbox=6
Playstation=6

Both leave a lot to be desired.

Overall they're pretty damn even. If Playstation gave me an experience that I couldn't get on Xbox as far as games, I'd be thrilled. They've failed to do so aside from TLOU remastered, and I don't expect to be blown away until Uncharted 4.

Question, what is the process of of your games going from PS3 to PS4. Like do I have to buy an entirely new copy of the game if I had it for PS3? Or does it transfer somehow or does it become a digital copy? Or do they give you a credit to buy the new PS4 version?

[Image: cDMBWce.png]
[Image: 0tCQttQ.png]
LA Panthers Goaltender

Quote:Originally posted by C.J.@Dec 27 2014, 02:12 AM
Question, what is the process of of your games going from PS3 to PS4. Like do I have to buy an entirely new copy of the game if I had it for PS3? Or does it transfer somehow or does it become a digital copy? Or do they give you a credit to buy the new PS4 version?
You have to buy it again.

[Image: 34964_s.gif]
[Image: thd650h.png]
Affiliate of:
syndicate Steelhawks Whalers

Some games at first launch u could do trade in and spend an extra 10 bucks doesnt happen anymore.

Its been this way since the beginning of consoles for just about ever. Which is why i keep my consoles till im done with them

West Kendall

Some games offered free upgrades recently Call of Duty Advanced Warfare and Destiny did most recently