Create Account

IIHF Rebirth

Quote:Originally posted by ArGarBarGar@Mar 19 2015, 02:36 PM
Now I feel bad for jumping to Sweden.  :(

I was under the impression at the time those European countries NEEDED guys to switch over.
Several of them did, but we're now at a point where there are few teams (in my opinion) that are completely unable to be competitive. Smaller countries certainly will continue to need an influx of young players, but the NA countries do as well. There needs to be a balance where smaller countries get newbies but without leaving NA with the bottom of the barrel.

[Image: ZIFmexT.png]

[Image: XigYVPM.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Tanner@Mar 19 2015, 01:14 PM

Several of them did, but we're now at a point where there are few teams (in my opinion) that are completely unable to be competitive. Smaller countries certainly will continue to need an influx of young players, but the NA countries do as well. There needs to be a balance where smaller countries get newbies but without leaving NA with the bottom of the barrel.

I believe a lot of teams oversold themselves and recruited players when they had no roster space. Also with the frenzy a lot of the new people jumped to teams without fully understanding that it was permanent or that they should have put some thought into it

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Where's the top GM award for S21????

Awesome, thanks for the recognition!

Quote:Originally posted by GOLFlab@Mar 19 2015, 02:23 PM
Where's the top GM award for S21????
Yeah where is Norways top GM award at?

[Image: Chocula22.gif]
Berserkers Wolfpack France

Quote:Originally posted by Count Chocula@Mar 21 2015, 04:29 AM

Yeah where is Norways top GM award at?

I'm sorry, Norway?

Quote:Originally posted by Count Chocula@Mar 19 2015, 04:21 PM

I believe a lot of teams oversold themselves and recruited players when they had no roster space. Also with the frenzy a lot of the new people jumped to teams without fully understanding that it was permanent or that they should have put some thought into it

I'd at least say that RUSSIA kept their players informed of the dual nationality choices and their meaning.

But I'm excited for the week after the SHL Draft when new blood comes into the market for recruiting Smile

When creating a player there should be more outlines as to how the IIHF system works as well.

That way we wouldn't have to have a lot of transfers or anything but when players are making their players, they would have more of an idea of how their nationality effects them.

A mid level player would likely not often be the one designated transfer per season for a team and may not make a team like Canada and therefore just miss out on the IIHF side of things entirely. If they at least know what they're getting into they could create their player as whatever nationality they wanted to.

[Image: DIsmdUx.png]