Create Account

Team Russia What to Expect from The Federation

<div align="center">[Image: iihf2.JPG]
You in a few seasons if you join Team Russia</div>

Hello new members! My name is Vsevolod Nikitin, I'm the Head GM of Team Russia here in the IIHF part of the SHL. I'm glad you made your way here to the site, and I hope you find everything ok!

<div align="center">Russia Management:
Head GM -
<a href='index.php?showuser=2238' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-59'>Pris</a>

So there is some info you should know before you create your player. You don't have to be from your original home country. Here, you can be whoever you are, and that's just fine with us! There are choices for nationality, and one of those is Russia. "Why Russia?" you ask, and you have every right to ask, so long as you expect a full answer. Here it goes!

[align=center][Image: hamilton-cast-performing-grammys.gif]
Andrey Barbashev talking to the IIHF media after taking the top seed into the S30 Medal Rounds</div>

Let's get started. Russia fits into the international scene as the Alexander Hamilton of the IIHF. We aren't exactly polished, a little bit brash, and very vocal about who we are and what we do, and sometimes it comes off as a bit nerdy/needy/weird. In the end, though, we get stuff done, all our documents are in order, and we got the smarts to make it in this crazy world. The Burr to our story is sometimes different per season, but usually it's someone like Team Canada. Team USA would have to be Thomas Jefferson in this instance, playing the role of antagonist. Yeah, we butt heads a lot. James Reynolds could be Czechoslovakia due to some past history with the transfer systems, and that makes Mark Harter, our goalie, Maria Reynolds. The UK is definitely someone like Sweden, once a big superpower but now overcome by other new countries. I'm sure there are more comparisons, but that's what I can figure out off the top of my head.

<div align="center">[Image: tumblr_nznpr67ofX1ukhudfo1_540.gif]
What you are thinking right now</div>

So, again I ask: why Russia?

1. Image

<div align="center">[Image: My-Shot.gif]
You really shouldn't throw away the shot to be a flashy player here in the SHL</div>

There are ways to customize your presence here on the SHL: avatars and signatures. And I mean fancy, custom made graphics stuff. Russia, with our boundless resources, offer every player 2 free signatures. One is generic, mainly just to show you're with the Russians. That's cool, but not the big show. The big show is the individual sigs, courtesy of <a href='index.php?showuser=1675' rel='nofollow' alt='profile link' class='user-tagged mgroup-17'>enigmatic</a>. They look like this:

<div align="center">[Image: anobqh.png]

[Image: 4uawkl.png]

[Image: 2wcffd0.png]

[Image: 6pyxw3.png]

[Image: 3502ebo.png]

[Image: ofadjr.png]

[Image: 20b1j4i.png]

[Image: nn9oox.png]

[Image: 30i7qer.png]

[Image: 2a8rfwl.png]</div>

Yeah, that's a lot. Those are some of the active guys and their sigs. So there's a solid reason to join: first dibs on awesome sigs.

2. Activity

<div align="center">[Image: tumblr_o38mbsK69B1qi4p4vo1_r2_400.gif]
Vets to rookies when they enter the locker room</div>

Just to give you a quick run-down, I've talked to other teams. They might boast an active locker room (general discussion place for your team, will have one for SMJHL and SHO as well as your nation), but I can prove it. Here's a screenshot of all the stuff we got going on.

[Image: N82HNNK.png]

Discussion thread, up-to-date lines, rosters, eligible players lists, all with TPE to show how you stack up against your kin. Kickass right? Yeah, because guys actually post here. I dare other countries to post their discussion thread count. Russia's been around for close to 12 seasons and have hit the 220 page mark on our discussion thread, not to mention the conversations in the other threads.

[Image: tiYGtM6.png]

That's one of our members posting. Just to verify my stats. We keep tight here, so we want you to be here so we can help you grow your player, become your friend, and see you succeed!

3. Playing availability

<div align="center">[Image: 636035188213974932-627964414_giphy%20(2).gif]
It's true, you know</div>

So quick history lesson: most of Team Russia is composed of what you would call transfers, or non-nationals. This may seem a bit weird, but it's not all bad. These guys came to our team to play and be active, and they've done a fantastic job. Our former head GM Barbashev was a Canadian national before transferring to Russia and leading us to the gold. Be wary of the names: people pay to go full Russian with the name change (looking at you, future Zach Rudnikov). Honestly, we have a fair mix of the nationals and immigrants, and the system works well.

Rules in the IIHF state that an active member with 250+ TPE has to be given a chance to play. Russia goes by its own rules. If you're active, you play. Plain and simple. You can be the best SHL player, but if you're not in the IIHF locker room and contributing, you'll lose your spot to someone younger that would have taken it eventually Smile). We started 4 rookies this season because they were the best and brightest we had to offer and they kept their own on the bottom 6. You'll get your time if you're active, and I can't say that for every team. Luckily, we got plenty of actives, and this makes the roster full of young talent that breeds competition in the IIHF scene.

4. Women

<div align="center">[Image: c97784b27f6824e2321fd4cea5df1570.gif]
WORK!!!</div>

So our newest Co-GM and Head Coach are women. Cool shit. Including them, we have a total of 5 ladies playing for the Russians, so don't feel excluded due to gender. We love you no matter what and can find a place for you in out system. I say this to say that we are a diverse group that has a host of characters, including the dominant women on our lines. Great folks like Maria Maximova, Chernika Banananov, Cynthia Taylor, Pietra Volkova, and Ekaterina Rudnikova are what makes our team the best. Never underestimate girl power!

<div align="center">[Image: tumblr_nxj7vqa8zu1qaedvuo1_500.gif?w=769]
And neither do we :-x </div>

I want to get to know you, and encourage you to get to know our Russians, as they plan on helping out all new players with getting acquainted to the site! Best of luck wherever you land, and thanks for reading this! Keep coming back for updates!

<div align="center">[Image: giphy.gif]
Much love, guys</div>

Russia

[Image: Oats.gif]

Player Page | Player Update
[Image: 401.png] [Image: S42cup1.png] [Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png][Image: WuTGq5J.png][Image: XUMDqMO.png]

Fixed that last image...

Russia >

Just to add, we are a very tight group in Russia. Mpc has done very well getting us all together and on the same page. Lots of playing time can be up for grabs considering we are such a young dynamic group. The motherland has created a youth movement, and I can assure you, it is a fun atmosphere to be apart of.

Hope to see many new faces Cheers Russia

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Yeah, Russia is awesome. Like, super awesome. Like, really super awesome. Ever since I joined, I have seen real life considerable improvements such as in school grades and athletic performances. Thanks to Russia, I have won a medal of honor and a tennis grand slam.

Thank you, Russia. Wink
Now add me to the testimonials. :ph34r:

Any testimonials are welcome, only 2 more days!

Quote:Originally posted by mpc@Apr 6 2015, 08:06 PM
Any testimonials are welcome, only 2 more days!

Russia is a great team. Like, almost every other IIHF team is dead but we've done a great job bonding and creating a team that'll topple the scene in the near future. We also have some great fucking borscht and vodka. It's a win-win.

[Image: SigStorm.png]
[Image: QHLWtic.png?1]
san francisco group of cats - mikael koskinen
quebec city citadelz  - mikael koskinen

Updated this with Dooley's sick sig Smile

[Image: krivo.png]

I just need to say this about Russia.... This upcoming season will be my 2nd official season in the league. I'm fairly certain I will remain in juniors for one more season with Vancouver. This being said, recently I was uncertain of how active I would be due to my co-op placement, graduating grade 12 etc etc (we all have lives)

When Mpc found out I would be back.. He sent me a message with advice on things to do. He took his time out to help me improve my player and helped me decide which attributes I should focus on for the upcoming season. In addition to this, he has helped me change my player name into a more "russian themed" name. Not to say he can do this for everyone, but this is just the type of guy he is.

I originally joined Russia because my brother RaiN did, but now I see why he did. Mp is all about getting the best experience possible for everyone. He is humble, generous and is willing to dedicate his time to suit your needs. In fact after catching up tonight on all the things i missed, the Russia locker room is without a doubt the best place to be.

If you're considering joining a nation... Before you do, have a look at the team Russia. It is a very accepting group of players that are all helpful and kind. Hope so see many new players and personalities in the locker room very soon.

Russia

This feels like I just stepped into a Russian circle jerk...

Quote:Originally posted by Dmoushey_31@Apr 15 2015, 08:40 PM

Nothing wrong with that

Semin approves.

[Image: jigsaw1.png]

[Image: k8kgf.jpg]

[Image: QhAQn2i.png]  [Image: yIvjn4j.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Dmoushey_31@Apr 15 2015, 07:40 PM

Every single International Recruiting thread is a circlejerk tbh. Ours has Pitch Perfect. #rekt