Create Account

Shayne Gow - Beginning of a Successful SHL Career Taking Questions!

[Image: ap-shayne-gostisbehere-flyers-nhl.jpg]

PHILADELPHIA, PA - After contemplating which professional league he wanted to join, Shayne eventually decided on declaring for the Simulation Hockey League. In a way, this young defensemen out of Philadelphia is a trail blazer, as none of his agent's players have ever succeeded in this league. A long, long, long time ago, a young Jim Gow never trained after joining the league in Season 8 or so, and the most recent experiment, goaltender Peter Vayne, never became anything more than SMJHL filler. But this time, things are different.

"I knew the risks of coming here," quipped the young offensive defensemen. "None of my agent's previous players have succeeded here, but I'm going to be different. After the head of the Gow Agency declared Bernie Gow for the VHL, I knew that I was never going to get a shot there. I knew that if I wanted to make it, I'd have to find my own path, and that's what I'm doing here."

At this time, we're open to taking more questions!

Quote:Do you really feel that you can change the pattern of Gow Agency players?

Yes, I really do this time. The original Jim Gow was a bored teenager who quickly forgot about this league when he had to wait to play after the SMJHL Draft, similar to Shayne Gow this season. Peter Vayne wasn't even a true Gow, so that tells you how high his probability of success actually was. Shayne is committed to becoming a solid SHL player who would be an asset to any team that was interested in him. While he may never be a star or win an individual award, this defensemen is a team player and will put team success before his own.

Quote:What do you bring to your drafting team as a player?

On the ice, Shayne is a somewhat undersized offensive defenseman with a booming shot from the point and blazing speed. While he'll never be known for highlight reel hits or flashy plays in the defensive end, he has an active stick and will provide solid position defense. If I had to guess, I'd say his upside is that of a first pairing SHL defenseman, but I'm not sure how likely it is he reaches that. His "realistic" potential is most likely a solid second pairing defensemen with a few flaws, but enough positive attributes to outweigh his negatives. At the absolute worst, Shayne will be able to play protected minutes on the third line and run a power play.

Quote:How is your attitude on the ice and in the locker room?

Shayne is the quintessential professional both on and off the ice. Rarely will you see him get into disputes with opposing team members or his own teammates. More of a follow by example guy than a rah-rah leader, but still not afraid to voice his opinion when it matters. While he's somewhat quiet around the rest of the boards, Shayne is a very solid locker room member and an honest teammate.

Quote:I've heard Bernie Gow is a complete plug and will not go number 1 to Bern in the VHL. Thoughts?

Unlike his SHL counterpart, and VHLM GM who passes on Bernie Gow is going to regret it. Goaltenders of his caliber do not come through the VHLM often, and if you're looking for someone to build your "Golden Season" around, then Bernie is your guy. If Bern doesn't want Bernie (and with a name like that, who better to join the Royals?) then I'm sure whoever is picking second overall (Bratislava?) will jump at the opportunity to select the consensus number 1 prospect in this draft.

Tongue

Quote:What areas of your game are you looking to work on this season?

Whether you're an offensive defenseman, two-way defenseman, or defensive defenseman, no matter what adjective comes before it, they key thing is that you're a defensemen first. As such, this season, I plan on improving my defensive positioning and skating first. Once I'm satisfied with my defensive game at the SMJHL level, I'll work on my offensive skills and endurance. I'm in this for the long haul, not just to make an offensive splash early on.

Quote:What will separate Shayne Gow from past players of the same agency?

Well, for starters, I'm pretty sure Shayne has already trained the most out of all the previous players from the Gow agency Tongue. As I said earlier, Shayne is in it for the long haul. There's more motivation than there was previously. I'm determined to make sure that this player is an impact player at the SHL level.

Quote:What kind of defensive partner do you think you'd work best with?

I think Shayne is an extremely adaptable player and would be able to succeed with a large variety of different types of players. On one hand, he could be paired with a defensive defenseman or a two-way defenseman in order to have a balanced pairing. While this may be the "traditional" way to do things, I think it would be interesting to see how Shayne would be matched up with another speedy defenseman. With the recent trend of skill over size, I'm not sure how necessary it is now to have a purely defensive player on a pairing. With two speedy players with active sticks, opposing players may find it hard to enter the zone and be quickly closed down on.

Do you really feel that you can change the pattern of Gow Agency players?

What do you bring to your drafting team as a player?

How is your attitude on the ice and in the locker room?

I've heard Bernie Gow is a complete plug and will not go number 1 to Bern in the VHL. Thoughts?

[Image: NyUD4Ch.jpg]
[Image: 95lCCDx.png]

[Image: iXI1ET6.png]

Updated with questions!

Thanks Jala.

What areas of your game are you looking to work on this season?

What will separate Shayne Gow from past players of the same agency?

What kind of defensive partner do you think you'd work best with?

Best of luck this season. Smile

---> ParmBorg Highlights <---
[Image: cgv4vCv.png] Goal[Image: 95lCCDx.png]
[Image: parmborg.gif]

[Image: steelhead77.gif]

#1 All-Time SHL Goal & Point Scorer 
- First 2,000 TPE Player in SHL History - 
- First 400 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- Only 500 Goal Scorer in SHL History -
- First GM to Win 5 & 6 Challenge Cups -
Esa Anrikkanen Award - SMJHL ROY - Est. S34
Vidrik Onoprienko Award Winner - S45

Dragonite[Image: 271.png][Image: 291.png][Image: 321.png][Image: 401.png][Image: 42banner2.png][Image: r-Wt4-AB350oooo.png] Dragonite

Thanks Steelhead!

Poor Peter Vayne :(

[Image: theziegs.gif]
[Image: buster.gif]

Stay away from this man, he is a cancer.