Create Account

Official Game of Thrones thread

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee The Shark@Apr 12 2015, 01:00 PM

I am talking about my opinion. I think the show is terrible and awful.

There is no such thing as a show being awful as being false.

It is an art and art is subjective.
Incorrect, but it's not worth arguing over. The vast majority of the world agrees with me. Hence why it's rated higher than shows like The Wire on Metacritic. Smile

Thank you to My boys @Merica and @Ragnar for the lovely sigs!
[Image: wrexks.png]
[Image: WREXKS.png]

Quote:Originally posted by Maxy@Apr 12 2015, 10:04 AM

Incorrect, but it's not worth arguing over. The vast majority of the world agrees with me. Hence why it's rated higher than shows like The Wire on Metacritic. Smile

It isn't incorrect. There isn't a scientific formula for what constitutes a good art. Metacritic uses the OPINION of those who watch the show and if they love it they love it and its cool.

Art is subjective and that is a fact.

[Image: aOowRDF.png]

I read the series 6 years ago :lol:
I love holding it over people now :ph34r:

[Image: livius.gif]

Just because he is not in the popular opinion does not make him wrong.

Just like because something is rated really well by others doesn't mean it can't be bad.

For example things like the modern art well it gets great reviews from artist I personally hate it. I think its awful, especially in comparison to things from the Renaissance era.

Art is subject to the person it can be awful to one person, but great to another

Typical SHL, this will be about 1 page of actual GoT discussion.

Why do you think its awful? Saying something is awful without any justification and then saying "Art is subjective" is just annoying and pretentious Smile)

Someone's opinion can be wrong actually Smile) Even in"art" if their opinion has no rationale behind it.

"Its a awful show because my ex likes it and now i hate it"

Thats their opinion, is it right? No. Thats got nothing to do with the show.

Quote:Originally posted by bbp@Apr 12 2015, 10:15 AM
Why do you think its awful? Saying something is awful without any justification and then saying "Art is subjective" is just annoying and pretentious Smile)

I watched the first season.

I felt the show was bloated and averagely written. The storyline itself was good and Peter Dinklage was hilarious.

I was just bored and annoyed by the show and every time I check in on it my opinion remains the same.

Hence why I think it is horrible.

Quote:Originally posted by bbp@Apr 12 2015, 06:16 PM
Someone's opinion can be wrong actually Smile) Even in"art" if their opinion has no rationale behind it.

"Its a awful show because my ex likes it and now i hate it"

Thats their opinion, is it right? No. Thats got nothing to do with the show.

You still need a reason to not like the show i agree. I don't know his opinion why he does not like it. Hopefully its not something as stupid as my ex likes it haha, if that was the case I'd not watch a lot of things including hockey.

Quote:Originally posted by JayTee The Shark@Apr 12 2015, 02:19 PM

I watched the first season.

I felt the show was bloated and averagely written. The storyline itself was good and Peter Dinklage was hilarious.

I was just bored and annoyed by the show and every time I check in on it my opinion remains the same.

Hence why I think it is horrible.

Okay so a show that is averagely written, has a solid story line, at least some good acting = horrible show? Smile)

So its just not your cup of tea. Not a horrible show :lol:.

Quote:Originally posted by bbp@Apr 12 2015, 10:22 AM

Okay so a show that is averagely written, has a solid story line, at least some good acting = horrible show? Smile)

So its just not your cup of tea. Not a horrible show  :lol:.

In my opinion I think it is a terrible show.

JT is such a hipster lol

Quote:Originally posted by Carl@Apr 12 2015, 10:26 AM
JT is such a hipster lol

Ya lol.

Quote:Originally posted by bbp@Apr 12 2015, 01:22 PM

So its just not your cup of tea. Not a horrible show  :lol:.
Yeahthat

Watching one season is hardly enough to make a judgement on it imo. Considering season 1 is laying groundwork for the series and introducing you to the story of a huge world of lore. No shit it's going to be bloated. Once everything is introduced it's hardly bloated. (Including entire episodes surrounding one storyline)

It's his opinion and he can have it. But it's an unjustified one that contradicts just about everything he's said about the show and a premature opinion on the show.

It's like listening to one song off of an album and saying Welp, this album is dogshit.

Quote:Originally posted by bbp@Apr 12 2015, 01:13 PM
I read the series 6 years ago  :lol:
I love holding it over people now  :ph34r:
Enjoy that feeling... Season 5 begins the start of the show surpassing the books source material so now you book people can get some shit spoiled for ya Smile)