Create Account

Official Magic: The Gathering Thread

So, I have discovered there are several people here who also take part in my second favorite pastime, who else here sits around shuffling expensive pieces of cardboard?

[Image: CamNosreh.png]

Woohoo

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

I like magic but I only played the video game version. I grew up playing Pokemon, and recently got into hearthstone. But I don't play much anymore.

[Image: JbAlQ9E.png]

Never heard of it

[Image: cuffana.png]

I don't own any decks, but I play with friends and borrow their expensive cardboard

[Image: creller_dragons.png]

Nerds

Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab Gnome Dab
[Image: 64012_s.gif]
Sigs by Me, Merica, High Stick King, Rum_Ham, Jess, vulfzilla, enigmatic, and Carpy
Stampede  Kraken
❤!! RIP to the big homies 701 and Mac !!❤

I have too many XD yet I keep buying more

S52 "A" Alternate Captain of the Calgary Dragons
"GM" - Former Prince George Firebirds and Regina Force General Manager
"C" - Former Captain of the Halifax Raiders
S48 Brandon Holmes Trophy Recipient - Top Defensive Forward

FirebirdsScarecrowsraiders - TimberGrizzliesArmadaCanadaDragonsBlizzardStars - PlatoonSpecters
Davos Otasrob Player Page
Davos Otasrob Player Updates

I have about 4 decks that I built myself. I mainly used Green and White. My best deck I had was a "Nature" deck all green deck. I really like the combo I had with a Coat of Arms, Spore Flower(s), Verdant Force(s) and a Fungal Bloom.

Most of my cards are older though so from Stronghold, Tempest, Urza period, etc. I stopped getting cards around 2004

[Image: NiclasWastlund26.gif]
#40 Niclas Wastlund - W - VANCOUVER WHALERS Whalers / MINNESOTA MONARCHS Monarchs
[Image: vlPUU9v.png][Image: ammBPLt.png][Image: rnZeas5.png][Image: V9MXpXR.png]

I just got into MTG a couple months ago. I play an Enduring Scalelord combo deck (get 2 out and then put a +1/+1 counter on em get infinite P/T on both). Just want to buy three Dragonlord Dromoka's and it should be finished, for now.

RIP Mac & 701

I completely forgot about making this and with this many new people, there has got to be someone who plays.

spent 50 minutes in an MTGO match yesterday, only won because the time ran out. (was going to win anyways). new prerelease looks neat.

RIP Mac & 701

I never understood this....is it like yu gi oh?

Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. Please take care of it. Here are some helpful links just in case.

Algonquin College Student Support Services - 613-727-4723
Crisis Text Line - Text 'HOME' to 741741
Distress Centre Ottawa and Region - 613-288-3311
Good2Talk - 1-866-925-5454
Kid's Help Phone - 1-800-668-6868
Mental Health Hotline Ontario - 1-866-531-2600
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255

Click here for a list of crisis centres within Canada
Suicide Prevention Resource Centre
Suicide Awareness Voices of Education

If you have the contact info to your local mental help centres, let me know!

--------------------
[Image: 34987_s.gif]
Player Page | Updates

[Image: 8y3FJne.jpg][Image: kA0CbGn.png][Image: aGT9Qsn.png]

Quote:Originally posted by r1c3bowl22@Jun 12 2015, 09:48 PM
I never understood this....is it like yu gi oh?

Sort of, just much much much more complex and didn't jump the power level shark in three years.

How it works, is there are many different styles of game you can play. You may have heard the words

Constructed - No set cards, just nothing on the banned list
Standard - Only cards from recent sets
Commander - 1 Legendary Creature and 99 other cards limited to commanders colors.

You get to play one land a turn (energy) unless otherwise stated, these are used to cast spells, creatures, artifacts, etc and scale upwards from cheap and pretty useless to cards that end the game.

I highly recommend MTGO, it is an excellent way to see if you will like the game before you go out and spend money on some expensive cardboard.

limited- where you go into a tournament without a deck, and have to make one with the cards you are given/choose.

RIP Mac & 701

I am bumping this, as I have learned of several people who play. I'd like to list those people in an effort to coordinate chats or possible games if people are interested.